How far away are you willing to date?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scribe

Brooklyn Baptist Tabernacle cones to mind (Pastor Jim Cymbala) there's an amazing book about his church etc👌
Also didn't David Wilkerson do the same in New York?🤔
Times Square Church is one of the best churches in the world. I would highly recommend it to anyone in New York City.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All churches are the same to me. They’re a place to worship God while communing with others. To me, it’s not the church buildings yet the people who fill them that make up the churches.

S

Scribe

All churches are the same to me. They’re a place to worship God while communing with others. To me, it’s not the church buildings yet the people who fill them that make up the churches.
Regardless of size of church I would not go further than my church to date a girl.

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
I’ve tried a long distance relationship once and it didn’t work out. He moved to another city. It was hard because things got draining for the both of us. He was the only guy I loved.

I’d rather now be with someone who at least lives in my town. But even finding a match in my town who is a Christ believer and follower is rare.
I know this is an old thread, but I can totally relate. I was married for 20 years, divorced, and then a year and a half later dated someone 6 hours away. We dated for 3 years and it's just not working out for the long haul. As you said, it has been so draining for quite some time. It's like we are trying to make the pieces fit. Very hard to let go though.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I know this is an old thread, but I can totally relate. I was married for 20 years, divorced, and then a year and a half later dated someone 6 hours away. We dated for 3 years and it's just not working out for the long haul. As you said, it has been so draining for quite some time. It's like we are trying to make the pieces fit. Very hard to let go though.
I don't really get this; forgive me if I seem like I'm prying, but why wouldn't one of you move to be with the other? If you like each other enough there must be a way... 🤔❤️

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont think moving house is necessarily that easy they say its the hardest and most stressful thing people can do, even in this age of super highways and aeroplanes.

Abraham was told by God to leave Ur but he already had Sarah as his wife. Do you think if he was single he would have gone back and forth between Ur and Canaan just to date someone.

when you are someplace its cos God wants you to be there He has actually appointed the times and places you are born. And He will tell you whether you are to stay or go.

this isnt creation times any longer where God told adam and eve to 'got forth and multiply' cos they were the only two people on earth. People seem to forget that, our human population is far outstripping every other creature, it numbers in the BILLIONS. How long will this go on for?

melly4jesus

Aug 2, 2017
I personally wouldn't mind too much. As long as we get to be closer to one another one day... Thank God for video chatting and online communication! that definitely helps make the experience better.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
So long distance dating is nothing new, but now it's way easier to talk to anyone across any barrier in an instant. Many people use online sites and apps now, but often will meet with people local for dates. How far would you say your "perimeter" would be?

I've dated online several times with people across different states, but it's always been really really hard. I kinda wanna date an Arizona guy...but part of me still has that romantic idea of like sending a bottle across the ocean XD
When i was looking i was extremely open minded, and established relationships with women in other cities. Women in Birmingham are not so interested in me and vice versa, i achieved success in london and leeds, etc. Its possible for a person to gel with a lady and then let the woman move in with them. I am in a position where i can do that, if i wanted to.

S

Scribe

When i was looking i was extremely open minded, and established relationships with women in other cities. Women in Birmingham are not so interested in me and vice versa, i achieved success in london and leeds, etc. Its possible for a person to gel with a lady and then let the woman move in with them. I am in a position where i can do that, if i wanted to.
Wait.. WHAT? Let the woman move in with them? Of course you mean after getting married right?