How Have the Palestinians and Jews Mutually Helped Each Other?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
I don't believe this will be a popular thread, but I do believe there is a reason to begin it. And I hope there is enough good will between individual Jews and Palestinians out there to record it.

B

biscuit

I don't believe this will be a popular thread, but I do believe there is a reason to begin it. And I hope there is enough good will between individual Jews and Palestinians out there to record it.
Personally, I don't think the Palestinians are bad people but they have gotten some poor, hateful leadership over the decades. It is these powerful, hateful groups that are interfering with a pending peace process. Get these these hateful, radical groups out of the picture, and we will get peace in the middle east. And of course, the recognition of Israel as a sovereign state and the right to exist.

D

Donkeyfish07

I remember reading about a group of both Israeli and Palestinian militants that met somewhat frequently in an act of solidarity against the conflict/wars. The guys in the group were interviewed and one of them said something like "It isn't easy because sometimes guys are in situations where they have to sit down at the table with the man who killed their brother or their mother....but you have to let that go, it's the only way we'll reach peace". It was probably 5 years since I've read that, I wish I could remember where I read it so I could link it up. I do remember that this group formed independently of the governments of Israel and Palestine, it was completely grass roots and neither government really gave a crap about what they were trying to do. I do hope it's still an ongoing thing.

F

Fishbait

During the 19 years from Israel’s victory in 1948 to Israel’s victory in the Six-Day War, all that remained of the UN’s partitioned territory to the “Arabs” of British Mandatory Palestine were the West Bank, under illegal Jordanian sovereignty, and the Gaza Strip, under Egyptian rule. Never during these 19 years did any Arab leader anywhere in the world argue for the right of national self-determination for the Arabs of these territories. A “Palestinian” nation and “Palestinian” people had not yet been invented.

God gave the land in dispute to Israel.

In regards to the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares, "To your descendants [Abraham's] I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates." God later confirms this promise to Abraham's son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates — all the Hittite country — to the Great Sea on the west."

With Genesis 15:18 and Joshua 1:4 in mind, the land God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile river in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). So, what land has God stated belongs to Israel? All of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus some of Egypt and Syria, plus all of Jordan, plus some of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a fraction of the land God has promised.

The nation of Israel is God’s prophetic time-clock. Jesus stated that when we see certain things happen concerning the nation of Israel, we should know His return is near.

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
Both worked together to solve local water shortages.

M

MarkMulder

yeah, that will happen :rolleyes: