How is love for God demonstrated?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2012
Is it by following Jesus' commands, or is it a feeling towards God? How is it demonstrated?

I might be really selfish, I don't know if I have love for God.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Welcome and Blessings! I believe our love for God is demonstrated in the way we live for Him! I think to show Him we love Him as much as He loves us is by having an intimate one on one relationship with Him thru prayer, study of His word, letting the Holy Spirit guide us, and obeying His commands to love others. To love the bride of Christ with fellowship among the believers,to share His precious love and word with the unbelievers as the Spirit leads us! Every childs walk is at different levels of faith,the closer we walk with Him the stronger our faith and walk become! He has an orderly fashion for us to follow. The word thru prayer and the Holy Spirit will teach us how to share our love for Him to those of our family and in our community! Remember YOU are FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made in HIS image! Hold fast to Him,He is that nail in a sure place and sticks closer than a brother,promising to never leave nor forsaken you! I will be praying for your walk with Him!🙏🙏🙏

Dec 12, 2013
Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Is it by following Jesus' commands, or is it a feeling towards God? How is it demonstrated?

If ye love me, keep my commandments.... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn.14:15,23

For this is the love of God: that we keep his commandments 1Jn.5:3

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

By 1) Believing God..
and 2) Trusting God..

Apr 15, 2017

We can love God for what He has done for us giving us eternal life, which everybody that accepts Jesus would love in this way, even the hypocrites that think they have eternal life.

But Jesus said that even the heathen know how to give their children good things, and the world will love their own, and that is because the world will choose who they love based on the person's character, and what they believe.

To truly love God is to love His character, which He represents goodness, and holiness, and truth, as well as loving Him for what He has done for us.

That is why the Bible says herein is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not grievous.

That is why Jesus if a person does not do the things that He says the person does not love Him, but the person that does what He says loves Him, and Jesus is a sinless man that did good.

The hypocrites that engage in sin, and hold unto sin, and some thinking they are alright with God despite their sins, do not love God for His character of goodness, which God said be holy for I am holy.

They do not want to be like their Master Jesus in representing goodness, and truth, and Paul said love does not think an evil thought, and does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth to abstain from sin by the Spirit.

And love is greater than faith.

Jesus said whoever is ashamed of Him then He will be ashamed of them, so if they do not represent goodness, but want to engage in sin, then they are ashamed of their Master who hates sin.

The hypocrites love God for what He has done for them, but they do not love God for His character of goodness, and truth, by them holding unto sin, for if they loved God they would want to be like Him.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

There are millions of people that are not led of the Spirit, and will not let go of all of the flesh, but hold unto sin and think they are alright with God, and never come to the truth that sin separates them from God whether they confess Christ or not, and do not represent the character of their Master Jesus.

1Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Luk 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Hypocrites that enjoy the world like the world enjoys it, that love money, and material things, and neglect the poor and needy, that engage in fleshy pleasures, all the while thinking they are right with God, and some making an excuse that sin does not affect their relationship with God, and they cannot abstain from sin, even though the Bible says if they hate sin, and do not want sin, by the Spirit they can abstain from sin.

These people love God for what He has done for them, but do not love God that His character is goodness, by not representing goodness by their hypocrisy.

P

pottersclay

We are called to bless others.
Jesus said "In this world you will suffer many tribulations but be of good cheer I have over come this world".
What a profound statement, not only does it encourage the saints but it's one of those "hooks" as I like to call them ( as we are called to be fishers of men) to the seeker.
On the sermon on the mount Jesus not only gives the true meaning of the law, he gives commands on how we in Christ should interact while on earth. To love, to pray, to give, to forgive, as we were all by Jesus.
Now here is the misunderstood part. If we have difficulty in doing this it shows what we lack. And as directed by Jesus if you if anyone lacks....pray, ask.
Nothing brings more pleasure to the father than a saint praying to be like his only begotten. Which is the fulfillment of.....seek you first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all shall be added unto you.
Love is grace with work boots on, this brings in the new heart as promised by God. A wanting and willingness to not only preach the gospel but to live it.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
God gives us a model with our earthly family.

So how would you demonstrate your love to your earthly parents?

Now times that by about a billion for your Heavenly Father!

Mar 28, 2016
The love of God according to the promised "demonstration" of the work of the lamb of God who was slain from before the foundation of the world. it is outwardly demonstrated by the three day work of the Son of man, Jesus .A demonstration promised in Isaiah 53, (smitten of God, and afflicted) a demonstration of the Father and Son working together in perfect harmony to bring of the peace of God that surpasses all human understanding.

He set the standard as spoken of in Hebrew 1 in the last days he has spoken through the Son .Using his life as a parable of the good things to come. Our example as to how we should demonstrate as the Holy Spirit works in the believer. .He finished the work.

Rom 3:26
God presented Him as a propitiation through faith in His blood, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His restraint God passed over the sins previously committed.He presented Him to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be righteous and declare righteous the one who has faith in Jesus.

Sep 3, 2016

The Believer who places and maintain their Faith exclusively in Christ and the Cross (The Lamb of God) brings God great Glory; and nothing else!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
If ye love me, keep my commandments.... If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn.14:15,23

For this is the love of God: that we keep his commandments 1Jn.5:3
Sadly, because this requires obedience to Christ and His Commandments, there are those who will not be fond of your quoted Scripture......even though it is Truth!

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Sadly, because this requires obedience to Christ and His Commandments, there are those who will not be fond of your quoted Scripture......even though it is Truth!
I don't know why,

For I have given you an example Jn.13:15

leaving us an example 1Pet.2:21

love is the fulfilling of the law. Rom.13:10

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019

Have you reason to sing praises to God?
If so, sing praises to Him, let your heart soar in this praise and thanks, a praise offering to our King.
Then you will begin to know the answer to your question.

Mar 28, 2016
I think it is demonstrated by the work of faith as a labor of his love yoked with us. . . to both will and do his good pleasure. A imputed righteousness He performs that which is appointed to us. Not of our own selves....in any way shape or form

louis

Nov 1, 2017

By loving your neighbor as did the Samaritan in Luke 10, one demonstrates their love for God.
God is Love (1 John 4:8 & 16).

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
obeying His commandments. ❤️

Sep 6, 2014

We love God and demonstrate our love for Him by trusting in His Word, and by following Him.

But God demonstrates His own love for us through Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I don't know why,

Me either, but it is that way here with some

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
I don't know why,

Here in lies the problem of a closed heart, defended, hurt, distrustful and seeking revenge and protection.
People find Jesus's commands so hard because you can only fulfil them with an open cleansed heart.

So many think belief in Jesus, repenting, saying the right phrases and beliefs is enough, they are now saved
done deal, and they can carry on as is. They read the law, and just feel failure and problems. So it is easier
to ignore them, and just know you are a believer, good compromise.

But to make progress one has to open up, be prepared to be hurt, to let the struggles cause one to win through,
to pay the price, to give up life in this world for an eternal life in Christ.

And it is hard, and it is the most difficult, costly and challenging walk of life. Yet also it is life, changes you,
and brings you into the most wonderful realities one can ever experience.

The more profound question, for me, is who are Gods elect? It is those who see the walk is life, the cost goes
on daily, the goal is the upward calling in Christ Jesus. There is never enough, but for some there is slow down,
let God work and take each step as the next step, and let God lead the way. Amen

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Here in lies the problem of a closed heart, defended, hurt, distrustful and seeking revenge and protection.
People find Jesus's commands so hard because you can only fulfil them with an open cleansed heart.

So many think belief in Jesus, repenting, saying the right phrases and beliefs is enough, they are now saved
done deal, and they can carry on as is. They read the law, and just feel failure and problems. So it is easier
to ignore them, and just know you are a believer, good compromise.

But to make progress one has to open up, be prepared to be hurt, to let the struggles cause one to win through,
to pay the price, to give up life in this world for an eternal life in Christ.

And it is hard, and it is the most difficult, costly and challenging walk of life. Yet also it is life, changes you,
and brings you into the most wonderful realities one can ever experience.

The more profound question, for me, is who are Gods elect? It is those who see the walk is life, the cost goes
on daily, the goal is the upward calling in Christ Jesus. There is never enough, but for some there is slow down,
let God work and take each step as the next step, and let God lead the way. Amen
Yes it is walking along with God leading us. Paul said,

we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient 1Tim.1:8-9

Paul then describes himself,

Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious....Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1Tim.1:13,15

He pointed the law at himself and that was a good thing. It showed him his need to obey Jesus and repent,

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. Psa.19:7