How is your famine and thirst for the Creator? (Part 2)
• Amos 8:11-13 -> “Behold, the days come, says the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Words of Jehovah. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of Jehovah, and shall not find it. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.”.
Like I said previously, never the presence of Jesus has been so precious than now. I, for example, was victim of injustice. I parked my car at the right place, but I policeman fined my car as if it had been parked in the vacancy destined to physical deficient. Even though I proved to them that I parked my car correctly (I took pictures proving this), they took down my previous defense (by the way: I ask you that you pray for me so that my new defense can be successful).
I know that it is frustrating. Nonetheless, we need to seek out Jesus earnestly, exactly as the saints of the Old Testament did. Take a look at this examples:
• Psa 63:1 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, You are my God; I will seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You, as in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
• Psa 69:3 I am weary from my crying; my throat is dried; my eyes fail while I wait for my God.
• Psa 132:3-5 -> “Surely I will not come into the tent of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids, until I find out a place for Jehovah, a dwelling-place for the Mighty One of Jacob.”.
David, for instance, bided for the Creator all the day long (and we pray for 15 minutes and think that we are doing a favor for the Creator):
• Psa 25:4,5 -> “Make me know Your ways, O Jehovah; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me; for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day long.”.
Habakkuk stayed in the tower of watching until the Creator to answer to him:
• Hab 2:1 -> “I will stand on my watch and set myself on the tower, and will watch to see what He will say to me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.”.
Daniel prayed and fasted until the Creator to grant to him the answer that he needed:
• Dan 10:1-3 -> “In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. And the thing was true, and a great conflict. And he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision. In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no food for delight, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, until three whole weeks were fulfilled.”.
Imagine you praying and fasting for twenty days, giving everything of you and nothing to happen. Nonetheless, even without any answer, any sign of the presence of the Creator or His interest in him, he didn’t give up. One of the reasons was his fear and love for the Creator. Other it is that he knew that only the Creator could bestow him the answer (see Dan 8:27).
So, we need to have this trust in Jesus and get pleasure in His company so that we can wait in Him until He gives the answer.
It comes the question: why He doesn’t answer us immediately?
Tomorrow we will answer this. For the nonce, have a good day yearning for the manifestation of Jesus in your life, believing that it is doable to see His goodness in this world (Ps 27:13,14).
• Amos 8:11-13 -> “Behold, the days come, says the Lord Jehovah, that I will send a famine in the land; not a famine of bread nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the Words of Jehovah. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east; they shall run to and fro to seek the Word of Jehovah, and shall not find it. In that day the beautiful virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.”.
Like I said previously, never the presence of Jesus has been so precious than now. I, for example, was victim of injustice. I parked my car at the right place, but I policeman fined my car as if it had been parked in the vacancy destined to physical deficient. Even though I proved to them that I parked my car correctly (I took pictures proving this), they took down my previous defense (by the way: I ask you that you pray for me so that my new defense can be successful).
I know that it is frustrating. Nonetheless, we need to seek out Jesus earnestly, exactly as the saints of the Old Testament did. Take a look at this examples:
• Psa 63:1 A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, You are my God; I will seek You earnestly; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You, as in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
• Psa 69:3 I am weary from my crying; my throat is dried; my eyes fail while I wait for my God.
• Psa 132:3-5 -> “Surely I will not come into the tent of my house, nor go up into my bed; I will not give sleep to my eyes, nor slumber to my eyelids, until I find out a place for Jehovah, a dwelling-place for the Mighty One of Jacob.”.
David, for instance, bided for the Creator all the day long (and we pray for 15 minutes and think that we are doing a favor for the Creator):
• Psa 25:4,5 -> “Make me know Your ways, O Jehovah; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me; for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day long.”.
Habakkuk stayed in the tower of watching until the Creator to answer to him:
• Hab 2:1 -> “I will stand on my watch and set myself on the tower, and will watch to see what He will say to me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.”.
Daniel prayed and fasted until the Creator to grant to him the answer that he needed:
• Dan 10:1-3 -> “In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed to Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar. And the thing was true, and a great conflict. And he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision. In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no food for delight, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, until three whole weeks were fulfilled.”.
Imagine you praying and fasting for twenty days, giving everything of you and nothing to happen. Nonetheless, even without any answer, any sign of the presence of the Creator or His interest in him, he didn’t give up. One of the reasons was his fear and love for the Creator. Other it is that he knew that only the Creator could bestow him the answer (see Dan 8:27).
So, we need to have this trust in Jesus and get pleasure in His company so that we can wait in Him until He gives the answer.
It comes the question: why He doesn’t answer us immediately?
Tomorrow we will answer this. For the nonce, have a good day yearning for the manifestation of Jesus in your life, believing that it is doable to see His goodness in this world (Ps 27:13,14).