How long have you gone without hearing from God?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Galatea

If you ever hear from God audibly, get thee to a psychiatirist, posthaste. God does not speak audibly to anyone in this age. Yes, I am dogmatic about this. I am just afraid there are undiagnosed or unmedicated people who need psychiatric help.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Whenever I am not hearing from God, I ask myself, "Who moved?" Invariably, I am the one who has not maintained the relationship in the manner I should.

Prayer and reading the Bible are essential. I do notice sometimes I go for a while, faithfully reading my Bible, and God is showing me nothing. I first, very humanly wonder if there is nothing left to learn! Ooops! Never!

Then, I repent of my sin of not keep the lines open to God. And he usually just pours out his love, his kindness and gives me wisdom when I read the Bible.

I have heard from God audibly a few times. When I was saved, when God called me to seminary, when he called me to start attending a certain church. They did come to pass. I especially needed to hear the voice of God in order to be saved. That was because I had such a hard heart. But those were voices inside my head. And it doesn't happen like that, very often. And no mental illness here!

When I turned away from God for 2 years, because of the pain and sickness of RA, I knew God was always there, right behind me. He told me to read 5 psalms a day. I finally did for 2 years, and it healed my heart, and suddenly, I was on good meds and got my life back.

There are certain Catholic saints who call not hearing from God, "The Dark Night of the Soul." I even got the book, but never managed to get through it, because the language was so archaic. Something you might want to look into, although I cannot vouch for the source. Still, the phrase has a nice ring to it, n'est-ce pas?

Feb 28, 2016
never, He is my Best Friend, and each and every-day, He lovingly guides/leads me/us
on the Path that He has set before us, that is, Hub and me...