How long until the End?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
Considering all that is happening around the world, and considering all your study and research and what the Lord revealed to you, shown you, or caused you to understand... How long do you think we have until the end of all things or the end of the world as we know it? Let me point to the fact that I'm not asking you for a date and also perhaps take this opportunity to point out that a date has 4 components: a specific hour, in a specific day, in a specific month, in a specific year. In other words, how many more years do you think we have left until the Lord's return?

T

toinena

I have no idea. I just know to expect it whenever He is ready.

I plan for the future. I save to my pension and fix my home. I do it also for Christ. My house I have given to Him. My life I have given to Him. Also my future. I pray that I have done all He wants me to have done when He arrives.

I hope it is soon, because I long to go home.

I hope it is late, because I want to see what God has for me in this life, and I haven't seen fruits of my labors in Him.

All I know is that I am ready when it is time.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
I agree we should always be ready for whenever the Lord comes :)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Not to sound flip, but, who cares? It's not like I'm gonna go .... "whoa!! I better straighten up! I only have 2 days left!"

I agree with Toinena.... I am ready whenever He decides to end things, or call me home. Either scenario is the same for me.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Greetings Gman!

Truly we are living in the very last days, as there is not doubt about that. No other generation had the right to claim that, because they did not have the events that we do today. However, even attempting to guess how many years we have is hard to say, but the Lord's appearing to gather His church is very, very, close. The fact that we can see the stage being set for what is going to take place during the time of God's wrath and the beasts kingdom is proof of this.

Knowledge shall be increased:
Regarding the last days, the angel told Daniel that, "Many will roam to and fro, and knowledge will increase." Many are roaming to and fro and that because of the technology of plane travel and knowledge has increased in every facet.

Israel restored to her land:
God said that He would bring His people Israel back from all the nations that He had scattered them to. For hundreds of years, Israel was a waste and a desolation just as God said it would be. Then the people of Israel began to return to their land and it went from a desolate waste land to a flourishing Eden, just as prophesied in scripture - See Ezk.36:33-35. Now Israel has just celebrated her 70th year anniversary as a nation. On top of that, Trump is the only president who finally did not sign that waiver and thereby recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Coincidence?

The mark of the beast:
From the very beginning when the Lord called me, from the beginning He drew me to the study of end-time events (eschatology) and I have continued to study and watch its fulfillment till this present day. When the first ATM's came out I knew that it was significant to the evolution of the coming mark. Then came the Universal Product Code (UPC), followed by the Point of Sale system (POS), which allows people to electronically credit and debit their bank accounts, which is buying and selling. Then around 2015 Sweden began implanting employees with RFID chips under the skin of their hands, so that with the scan of their hands they could open doors, access business machines and make purchases. Now that has spread to the US with a company doing the same thing to their employees. I'm sure that as time goes on that this RFID technology will continue to evolve into something more applicable.

The point being is that a 1900 year old prophecy is taking shape. The very fact that we even have the technology to implant a device under the skin of the hand with one of its purposes to buy and sell, is a testimony to the truth and accuracy of God's word. Though this chip technology will evolve, what will remain consistent will be that, whatever that device ends up being, it will go in the right hand or forehead. This coming device in/on the hand will replace cash, checks, card swiping and mobile phone apps and anything else that is being used.

I have just listed a couple events which demonstrate that we are truly living in the very last days. Sin continues to increase, the economy of many nations is on the edge of failure and we are seeing what looks like the stage being set for the event of Gog and Magog, with the USSR, Iran and Syria poised against Israel. The fat kid in North Korea wants to flex his muscles to prove himself. Wars and rumors of wars?

The next five to ten years should be very revealing to say the least, that is if we're still here.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Not to sound flip, but, who cares? It's not like I'm gonna go .... "whoa!! I better straighten up! I only have 2 days left!"

I agree with Toinena.... I am ready whenever He decides to end things, or call me home. Either scenario is the same for me.
The end could come to any of us at any time although at my age that end could come sooner than most.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
Jesus is supposed to return after a blood moon. Celestial occurrences are only mentioned if they occur over Israel. There will be a blood moon over Israel on July 27, 2018 and December 20, 2029. If Jesus returns, say seven years after one of these then there will still be one thousand years after that before the end. I feel certain that he will come after one of these dates and if there is a gathering of nations behind the evil one this July 27, then it should be the first date, otherwise we will have to wait a little longer.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
The end could come to any of us at any time although at my age that end could come sooner than most.
Don't count your days so short , tanakh . For we cannot be certain by counting our age , perhaps the LORD will grant you many more years , to teach others upon His goodness friend.

Shalom

M

Miri

Unfortunately I know several people, where lately, the end has already
come for them. We shouldn’t be ignorant about what the bible says.
Buts let’s face it, the end could come for any of us at any time.

SaintMichaels

Jun 6, 2018
Jesus says no man will know the day or hour. That the rapture will come like a thief in the night. I'm not worried. I'm ready. :)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
In other words, how many more years do you think we have left until the Lord's return?
It would unwise to hazard a guess, but it will all depend on when the temple is built in Jerusalem. Possibly 50-100 years.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
How long til the end? About, oh... 4 1/2 minutes..... for someone.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Considering all that is happening around the world, and considering all your study and research and what the Lord revealed to you, shown you, or caused you to understand... How long do you think we have until the end of all things or the end of the world as we know it? Let me point to the fact that I'm not asking you for a date and also perhaps take this opportunity to point out that a date has 4 components: a specific hour, in a specific day, in a specific month, in a specific year. In other words, how many more years do you think we have left until the Lord's return?
Maybe today, maybe sometime later

If I had to guess, and I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think it's a long time in the future.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
This is the verse you need:

Dan 8:14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be properly restored.”

The end of age is not imminent, 2300 AD is. Using the two calendars in Daniel, 70 week & 2300 years as a stencil against the Gregorian calendar, you'll be able to understand exactly what that verse is all about.
So, 281.9 years left, not this or next of even the generation after but our death is imminent.
Sheer fantasy!

Aug 2, 2009
I've been thinking about this myself
I've been thinking about this myself over the last few years. The US election cycle of 2016 really got me thinking... And its not just all the political trash talking and mob mentality... it's all of the expressed hatred for christians and conservatives. I've been around as an adult for more than 3 decades and I've never seen such blatant hatred and bullying against christians and conservatives. And look at all the hate being spewed at the First family. Not just at the president but at his daughter and his wife! And then there's the stuff going on in the middle east... AND just a couple months ago, thanks to our president, Jerusalem, birthplace of Jesus is once again the official capital of Isreal! And there are things going on in the heavens too (alignment of the stars causing the poles to shift and stuff like that)...

I think we are much closer to the end than most christians like to think, BUT I do not see any catalyst yet that might bring about that end...

Do any of you remember the strange trumpet sounds that were heard all over the world around 2012/2013? There was a man, some sort of expert who said the sound was actually of an ancient type of trumpet, not a modern one. It was the type used in biblical times. There are many videos of these sounds recorded from all over the world and no one has ever come up with a good explanation for them..

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013

I don't believe anyone can give you a precise date , but we can clarify by what The LORD has given us in scripture to pin point were we are at this precise moment.

We first have to identify thee Little Horn of Daniel 7​

The Codex Justinianus points to the individual , that has taken the seat of Satan in Revelation 13:12​

This very document points to a specific event in time , that takes place in the book of Revelations . Also by reviewing this statue that Rome adopted by Emperor Justinian ( The Continuation of thee Roman Empire or New Rome ) , we can clearly identify who was him that was given thee power , seat along with it's authority of the Roman Empire .

Revelation 13:12​

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

With this much truth that is documented in this historic record , upon this event , there no need to have speculation on who was given power to persecute the saints. There are many teaching that it is Islam Mahdi , or it is the President of the United States. But none of these are valid according to the prophecy.

For almost 1260 years , thee Bishop of Rome / Papacy used the power of the law , sword , and political alliances ( kings ) to put to death all who were against his authority.​

The Papacy is the Little Horn of Daniel 7​

Daniel 7:25​

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

We are living in the time line , when the Beast that was , has a head wound inflicted upon it at this precise moment .​

French troops commanded by Napoleon Bonaparte defeated the papal troops and occupied the Papal States in 1796. In 1798, upon his refusal to renounce his temporal power, Pius was taken prisoner and transported to France. He died one year later in Valence.

This event took away , the papacy kingship POWER over the people and many churches , making him a prisoner in Vatican walls. But this event did not kill the papacy, but left it in a wounded state.

But that wound is healing daily as time progress.​

The Lateran Treaty of 1929 giving the Papacy it's temporal power little by little , by encouraging the political powers to align with its decrees as in time past. Also to note this event establish the Papacy Kingship ruling once more.​

Pope Francis arrives for a plenary meeting of the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit

Due that thee head wound to the Papacy , stop thee 1260 days short before it's completion. At thee specific time when the 8 king written in the book of Revelation , receives his power and strength from the ten Kings , the 1260 day prophecy will begin to continue the count down to his end.

Revelation 17:12-13 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

As we can now evaluate by scripture how close is Christ Second Coming. As well as the Deadly Head wound being healed.

Who is Francis the I , according to prophecy.​

Knowing these things do not save , but now when we are given time to repent and get right with the LORD , is it not wise to choice what is pleasing to Him. Therefore let us keep our garments clean.

Thee ten kings are next to fulfill the prophecy timeline​

This should be a wake up call to many that have not submit to God ways understand and be aware how close , we are to be persecuted in all the world for Christ sake , as did many , when they were killed by the sword or there bodies given to the flame , while reforming the church away from the Bishop of Rome ( Beast ) and his anti Christ doctrine.

Shalom

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
I like that infograph with the popes. I don't know if I buy it, but it's interesting.

You say that the papcy was wounded in 1798 and point out JPII's wound in 1981. Were there two wounds in Revelation? I thought it was just one. Or maybe I misread the post.