How many close friends do you have and how old are you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stranger36147

So I'm 31 and I don't have any close friends. But that doesn't mean I want your sympathy or anything. I still manage okay in life.

But I was just curious how many close friends my fellow CC members have. And the reason I'm asking your age is because there seems to be this correlation between a person's age and how many friends they have. Maybe some of you have heard that before as well. That the older you get, the less friends you have.

So yeah, besides your significant other (if you have one) and family, how many close friends do you have?

danja

Nov 28, 2014
I am 33 and I have tree close friends .Two of them are highschool friends and not christian and one is a christian.We share many things with each other and secrets also :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Something is 'amiss' here...aha,.......yes.... a profile selfie, nothing personal, always like
to see whom I am sharing personal info with."...:)
"It is just a thing of mine."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Feb 28, 2019
I'm 24 and I dont have any close friends where I live. I have people that I talk to on the phone but thats as far as it goes. I have one close friend tho. Eh, I think I need to socialize more :(

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I'm 53 years old and I have a handful of friends (mostly couple friends of my wife and I) that I consider to be fairly close.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Depends on what you call a close friend
I have 1 person that I can trust with everything..shes my best friend
Through church i have a few I can call close friends but theyre only semi close circle. We help each other and trust one another with problems but in deph things i keep between me, my bf and my best friend
Im 19

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i'm 35. besides my husband and family, i don't have close friends at the moment. i don't really keep in touch with my friends from back home. it's hard to spend time with them whenever i visit my hometown because my priority is to spend time with my parents.

i hope to soon make friends at my new fellowship. for now, i talk with my coworkers but never get too personal with them.

Homewardbound

Dec 10, 2018
I'm 65 and no CLOSE friends. I do have a small group of guys I meet with regularly, and we are developing friendships.
The last person I got close to blindsided me by saying some really off stuff about me that was not true.
I choose very carefully now.

S

Stranger36147

I'm 65 and no CLOSE friends. I do have a small group of guys I meet with regularly, and we are developing friendships.
The last person I got close to blindsided me by saying some really off stuff about me that was not true.
I choose very carefully now.
Yeah, it sucks having a friend who says bad things about you, either to your face or behind your back. In a way, I think them talking about you behind your back is worse.

But to your face can be bad too. While I was in school, I had a friend who would always tell me that I was ugly and a loser. Doesn't sound like something a friend should say to you....at least I don't think so. And it certainly didn't help my already low self-confidence.

But looking back, I realize that he definitely had his own insecurities to deal with. Maybe that's why or partly why he felt the need to put me down. So he could make himself feel better. That still didn't make it okay or acceptable for him to insult me like he did, but I think I now have a greater understanding on why he would say those things to me.

Feb 28, 2016
in our whole lifetime, we only have One True Best Friend -

as we grow, we learn that most of our fellows don't have
the Love of Christ within them, and are really putting
themselves first in their world, I know, this is what 'we' once did.

after a 'real' 'conversion', you will be able to see the difference,
a truly amazing, Spiritual' experience...
delusion gets swallowed-up by Holy Fire...
:):)

L

LadyInWaiting

I am 29 and have only 1 best friend. I have known her since 2006 when we were hs juniors. I love my girly!
But other than her, I don't really have good friends. I know people from church and co-workers...but I don't really hang out with them.
I do have my mom and two aunts and my brother and cousins, who I talk to just about everyday on fb messenger haha.
I have a group of online friends that I talk to everyday as well. Even though I've never met them, I consider them good friends because we talk everyday.

Mar 25, 2019
I don't have close friends but I have friends. I am 37 even in church many can betray you

S

Stranger36147

True, trustworthy friends are very hard to come by in my experience. If you have one, and especially if you have more than one, I think you should consider yourself really lucky.

H

Hamarr

I'm 42. I have 3 or 4? They are mostly long distance now. Most of my friendships were superficial to some degree until in recent years. I have a few people I can always reach out to when struggling, need advice, etc.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Where I live I have zero friends. I have one close friend I met online that lives on the other side of the country. I'm only very close to one family member (my father). I'm 43.

S

Stranger36147

Where I live I have zero friends. I have one close friend I met online that lives on the other side of the country. I'm only very close to one family member (my father). I'm 43.
Kind of wish I was closer to my father. I don't talk to him often and he lives in a different state. But at least I have my sister to fall back on. She's the family member I'm closest to. Very thankful to have her.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Kind of wish I was closer to my father. I don't talk to him often and he lives in a different state. But at least I have my sister to fall back on. She's the family member I'm closest to. Very thankful to have her.
What an irony. I live with my father and sister. And I don't care much for my sister haha.