How many People Think the Jews Could Be Wrong?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Was the temple, even in Jesus’s day, still the temple even though the Shekinah Glory of God’s Presence didn’t occupy it above the mercy seat?
I don't follow you.

Aug 2, 2021
then why does Revelation specify all the different tribes with just 12000 men in each. Note they are all unmarried.

The rest, of all the saints are obviously the billions of gentile believers. and I suppose women. Cos women dont really count in Israelite families...they cant be circumcised.
Because Revelation is written in both symbolism and literal.

NOTE: The 144k are both married and virgins at the same Time.

Dwell on that and then get back to me.

PEACE

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
The human body, mind, soul, is the temple. Scripture explicitly says that.

Whether it is empty, or occupied by the Holy Spirit, or occupied by Satan, it is STILL the temple.

So those who choose to take his mark, have forever defiled the temple of God, and are irredeemable.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The human body, mind, soul, is the temple. Scripture explicitly says that.

Whether it is empty, or occupied by the Holy Spirit, or occupied by Satan, it is STILL the temple.

So those who choose to take his mark, have forever defiled the temple of God, and are irredeemable.
Thanks for explaining, I see what you mean. Still, sounds a little far-fetched.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
the promises were spoken to Israel so John hears the promise given only to
Israel

“And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:2-

but it was fulfilled in what John saw people from all nations became the hiers israel and all the nations together through the lord Jesus and his gospel

“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:9

The word given to israel when the ot had then seperate was fulfilled in all the nations because of their rejection of their promises messiah

What John hears and then what he sees is showing us the promises bieng fulfilled different than what we thought

John hears prophecy and sees revelation of it

“And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. ( it’s being revealed come look ) And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭6:1-2‬ ‭

John hears the prophecy and sees the revelation he hears that isreel alone would be chosen , but he saw that all nations of people were chosen. Wrote the throne having thier garments washed in the blood of the messiah

“ And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee. Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages; that thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves.

They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places. They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted. Behold, these shall come from far: and, lo, these from the north and from the west; and these from the land of Sinim. Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭49:2, 6-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and they sang a new song with better lyrics

“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:9-

the promises made to israel
I’m the ot are fulfilled in all
Believers everywhere from all nations and languages all kin of man can be born of God and become his hiers the New Testament reveals this To us believers in Jesus are the children of Abraham no matter thier skintone or bloodline or flesh
><>

I am trying not to Offend you, but someone has to tell you. Drop the GIANT PRINT, most of us scroll right past giant print, like it is not even there. Like "Ah gee, another Teenager." If you want to emphasize a particular part of a verse. Use font size 18, and only go to 22 on RARE OCCASIONS, and never go any higher. Colors are OK, but don't over do it, here are some easy ones.

RED = #DD0000

BLUE = #0000DD

FUSHIA = #FF00FF

LIME = #00FF00

GREEN
= #008000

YELLOW = #FFFF00

AQUA = #00FFFF

BLACK = #000000

WHITE = #FFFFFF Here is HOW I use White Letters:

1668366993637.png I hope it is not a violation, when I do this way.
First I crop to a smaller Picture, Flip it backwards, trying not to violate Copy Right laws.
And then add a Black Text Box with a Photo Editor. Putting White Text on Black background.

Jan 14, 2021
uh yes...everyone has a name or family name....you dont get assigned one or make it yourself, if you are male Hebrew youd be born into that family and circumcised on the 8th day if your family wanted to keep your heritage. Men could always pull their pants down and see.
There are many cultures that count back patrilineally with a last name, etc. But one could still unknowningly be a descendant through any point of matrilineal branching. Timothy's mother was a Jew and his father was a nonJew. If we look at situations like that where a traceable last name would be lost, it becomes very clear that not all descendants of Abraham through Jacob necessarily have a last name or even resemblant appearance that could be easily traced back. They would nonetheless be a descendant whether they knew so or not.

You can also have unfortunate circumstances where someone thinks they have a certain lineage but they don't because some female ancestor was unfaithful or otherwise deceitful.

You can also have pretenders' claims where they were never part of a particular lineage at all but they claim to be part so that they can claim an inheritance that was never rightly theirs to begin with.

many culttures can trace their heritage back many generations. They all know where they came from.
Many generations? 2000 years worth of generations? Not likely. Not without questionable accuracy. And if some family did claim to have such a genealogy, it would be highly suspect. And statistically, it would still be easier to demonstrate a lineage than to rule out lineage.

The entire shtick of Talmudism is that it relies on a black and white understanding of ancestry and identity when the topic is by no means black and white.

From a Christian perspective, the entire fleshly ancestry conversation is a red herring. All of this conversation about contemporary bloodlines is only important to the Talmudic religions and completely unimportant to Christianity.

Jan 14, 2021
then why does Revelation specify all the different tribes with just 12000 men in each. Note they are all unmarried.
'Men' and 'unmarried' in Rev 7? What translation are you using?

The rest, of all the saints are obviously the billions of gentile believers. and I suppose women. Cos women dont really count in Israelite families
If women don't matter, why is there a genealogy counted through Mary?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
All of this conversation about contemporary bloodlines is only important to the Talmudic religions and completely unimportant to Christianity.
I agree with everything you said except for this last portion and want to push back at it a bit. If bloodlines didn't matter then it wouldn't have mattered which tribe and family the Messiah was born within. It mattered because He had to establish a legal, rightful, earthly claim to the throne of David.

Expand this concept further, this was why the people were eager to make the Messiah their king and why disciples asked Him if it was time for the kingdom to be restored in Acts, just before the giving of the Holy Spirit. There are promises still pending for that earthly kingdom that must be fulfilled simply because the Almighty gave them. They all weren't conditional and many had to do with territory and property.

[I say this with, again, the understanding that those who are currently claiming such a pedigree are not the fulfillment of the promises made to Israel.]

Jan 14, 2021
I agree with everything you said except for this last portion and want to push back at it a bit.
I appreciate the push back, thank you for taking the time.

If bloodlines didn't matter then it wouldn't have mattered which tribe and family the Messiah was born within. It mattered because He had to establish a legal, rightful, earthly claim to the throne of David.

Expand this concept further, this was why the people were eager to make the Messiah their king and why disciples asked Him if it was time for the kingdom to be restored in Acts, just before the giving of the Holy Spirit.
I agree with you, and all I meant by contemporary bloodlines was that the bloodline claims in the modern world aren't relevant in the sense that Talmudic religions claim it to be. I completely agree that the bloodline leading up to Christ was important.

There are promises still pending for that earthly kingdom that must be fulfilled simply because the Almighty gave them. They all weren't conditional and many had to do with territory and property.

[I say this with, again, the understanding that those who are currently claiming such a pedigree are not the fulfillment of the promises made to Israel.]
I think this is the crux of the conversation, the interpretation of OT prophecies. I think it is compellingly the case that many of these promises (especially the seed promises) can logically be fulfilled in Christ.

I think there is room for fruitful conversation about OT prophecies including land claims, etc. But I still see the likely result to be that Christ or those in Christ modernly would fulfil those prophecies, being members of the faith in good standing.

I think the best approach to this topic would be to 1) identify the passages containing the prophecies and their requirements, 2) evaluate all possible/valid interpretations that could be applied to fulfil those requirements, and 3) to make determinations from all of the possibilities as to what appears to be the most compelling interpretation.

I agree that I spoke in haste. I should have stated that I personally find it most compellingly the case that modern/contemporary bloodlines would be irrelevant (I see the distinction of bloodlines within Christ to be contrary to "there is neither Jew nor Gentile"). But so long as we stay consistent with scripture, I welcome counterpoints to that perspective.

I think the main driving point that Dispensationalists will disagree with but is scriptural fact is that Christ is a recipient of all of the promises. If Christ is the recipient of the promises, how could it be the case that the body of Christ is not?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for explaining, I see what you mean. Still, sounds a little far-fetched.
The point is.....that is not what 2 Thes 2 or Dan 9 is referring to a real living definite person and real extant definite building.
Just as there was a real Judas, a real Jesus, in Revelation during the final 3-1/2 years, there are real Jews, a real land of Israel, real wars, real 2 witnesses etc. etc.

Any other format is Biblically untenable and you end up with incorrigible myth.

This in no way denies an underlying Spiritual reality BTW.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Was the temple, even in Jesus’s day, still the temple even though the Shekinah Glory of God’s Presence didn’t occupy it above the mercy seat?
There WAS a real living breathing son of perdition (Judas) who DID fulfilled prophecy.
There WILL BE another real living breathing son of perdition (A/C) who WILL fulfill prophecy.

And both end up in a real lake of fire for a real eternity.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The point is.....that is not what 2 Thes 2 or Dan 9 is referring to a real living definite person and real extant definite building.
Just as there was a real Judas, a real Jesus, in Revelation during the final 3-1/2 years, there are real Jews, a real land of Israel, real wars, real 2 witnesses etc. etc.

Any other format is Biblically untenable and you end up with incorrigible myth.

This in no way denies an underlying Spiritual reality BTW.
Whoops...

"The point is.....that is not what 2 Thes 2 or Dan 9 is referring to. These passages refer to a real living definite person and real extant definite building."

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
Maybe women automatically count in Israelite families, because they don't have foreskin (representing the sinful nature) - so were counted as circumcised from birth? It was the men that were to be cut off from Israel unless they were circumcised. In my view, uncircumcision was a barrier to be removed, rather than circumcision providing special status for males over females.
In Biblical Times regarding the Census, there were THREE different Numbering Systems.

1. Counted everyone including Children.
2. Counted adult males only.
3. Counted men and boys.

I used to be in the Prison Ministry. The Muslims always want to trip me up, so they could BLAST the Bible as being false. Several of them tried the trick of quoting the Census in one book, and then in another book they would read even louder, because on the same Census it would have a Different Number. They did not know there were 3 different Numbering Systems.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
I think the best approach to this topic would be to 1) identify the passages containing the prophecies and their requirements, 2) evaluate all possible/valid interpretations that could be applied to fulfil those requirements, and 3) to make determinations from all of the possibilities as to what appears to be the most compelling interpretation.
Ok, yes I think this is fair.

I agree that I spoke in haste. I should have stated that I personally find it most compellingly the case that modern/contemporary bloodlines would be irrelevant (I see the distinction of bloodlines within Christ to be contrary to "there is neither Jew nor Gentile"). But so long as we stay consistent with scripture, I welcome counterpoints to that perspective.
Ok before I share an OT passage, with regard to the passage "there is neither Jew or Gentile", would you agree with the following statement?

The context of the Galatians passage was "righteousness/Justification", not an all-encompassing statement also including property or land ownership.

Galatians 3:6-9, 14, 22, 24-28
Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.

8 Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.”

9 So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Romans 3:21-24
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

22 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Paul is emphasizing that in Messiah all are one and inherit the promise made to Abraham, the promise being that righteousness will be credited to the person by faith alone, clearing their violation of the law. It doesn't matter who they are, if they have faith they will be justified.

----

Next, is The Messiah the recipient of all promises? Absolutely. Does it then follow that the body of Christ attains every promise that He has? Collectively, sure. Does it further follow that each individual member of that body receives exactly what every other member of that body receives? Not necessarily.

Proof:
- Parable of the talents = different rewards (Matt 25:14-30)
- Parable of the sower = different yields (Mark 4:20)
- Parable of the vineyard workers = different payment agreements (Matt 20:1-16)
"Why are you angry that I'm generous with my money?"
- Paul's message about differences in gifts (1 Corinthians 12 & Ephesians 4)

There are also different responsibilities given to different members of the body whether Jew or Gentile...

Acts 15:8-10, 19-21
8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

9 He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.

10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear?

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.

Romans 3:3, 27-31
3 What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision? 2 Much in every way! First of all, the Jews have been entrusted with the very words of God.

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith.

28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

All MUST have faith first, but it's the Jew BY faith (as they abide in the law entrusted to them; not to be confused with "works of the law" i.e. animal sacrifices), and the Gentile THROUGH faith (who weren't originally given the law).

----

So hopefully I've established a solid foundation that we can agree upon before we dive into an OT promise specifically for Israel.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Those who deny the right Israel to their land, or deny the promises of God guaranteeing the ultimate redemption of Israel.......go to the iggy penalty box.

I doubt if you will ever get out. Blasphemy has its consequences. And replacement theology is a grevious heresy.
They said that to Jesus.
The Jews were looking for a worldly kingdom. They missed the big picture, because they failed to see what Jesus was all about

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Don't fall into the same trap as the Jews. Jesus wants to give us a kingdom greater then all the kingdoms of this world and more beautiful then Solomon's temple ever was.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They said that to Jesus.
The Jews were looking for a worldly kingdom. They missed the big picture, because they failed to see what Jesus was all about

Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Don't fall into the same trap as the Jews. Jesus wants to give us a kingdom greater then all the kingdoms of this world and more beautiful then Solomon's temple ever was.
What you (and so many others) may fail to comprehend is that ALL PROPHECY will be fulfilled. Literally. Completely.

That is where you start. With facts provided by God Himself.

Fanciful so-called spiritual musings that do not line up with prophecy are practically worthless IMO.

And there is MASSIVE, just ridiculously massive Biblical content and prophecy that clearly defines the future of ISRAEL.
And their future is to inherit the land as a nation, and to worship the God they rejected in Spirit and in truth.

Among many many other things. Like being representatives of God on the earth.....a mandate they likewise abandoned. But shall inevitably fulfill.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
They said that to Jesus.

People seem to have a big problem with an earthly Temple. Not so with Jesus.....

Jhn 2:16
And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

Mat 21:12
And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,

L

Locoponydirtman

They said that to Jesus.

Exactly. The fulfillment of prophecy is in Christ.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Either you get it or you are in denial man.....

Eze 37:11
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

Eze 37:12
Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:13
And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Eze 37:14
And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Eze 37:21
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Eze 37:22
And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Eze 37:25
And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
Evidently, Jocund, DavidTree, locoponydirtman and others presume that NONE of these future events have any possibility of happening.

Sounds like a "get behind me Satan" situation if you ask me.....:rolleyes:

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
What you (and so many others) may fail to comprehend is that ALL PROPHECY will be fulfilled. Literally. Completely.

That is where you start. With facts provided by God Himself.

Fanciful so-called spiritual musings that do not line up with prophecy are practically worthless IMO.
The belief that all prophesy will be fullfilled literally is what we differ on.
You will interpret all scripture so that this belief is true. I don't..

Show me the evidence that all are literal and unconditional.

Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.