How many relationships have you been in?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
So I turn 34 later this year and I've never been in a relationship....let alone kissed anyone. I know....poor me. But it's alright. Considering how my life is going, I have other things to worry and be depressed about anyway. 😬

But this is something I wanted to ask my fellow CC members: How many relationships have you been in? And how old are you?

And as always: If you don't feel comfortable answering, that's fine. But for anyone who's willing to share....I'm all eyes. 👀

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
Dunno exactly, but a lot and enough to know that it really isn't something im interested in anymore. It was fun for a season in my life and i have no regrets but now i view them more as a distraction from the things im pursuing. Im 35 and i guess i kind of grown out of chasing things like romantic relationships and women, im basically at a point to where if it doesn't complement my life i don't want it.

As for never been kissed and whatnot that could be a blessing for you because a whole lot of responsibility and other things come as attachments when in a relationship. Being depressed while in a relationship could actually do more bad than good especially if you're with a female that always brings drama.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the one relationship that counts above all others is with God ...so you cant say you never been in a relationship if you a christian!
and if you never been kissed well... :poop: (apparently this IS a hersheys kiss emoji) Theres a First time for everyone.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've had zero relationships. But I seem to be more apathetic (some would say just pathetic) that most about romance.

All I know is, I may not have met the right one for me yet, but thank you Jesus I didn't get tied down to any of the many, many wrong ones! Every time I hear people on the job complaining about trouble with their ex-significant-others I am SO grateful to be safely single.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I had my first relationship at 22. We broke up after almost 5 yrs together. I was single for 5 years when I met my husband.

Jan 19, 2021
www.angelicwarlord.com
Uh, how about none...

But first an explanation. I am pushing 60 and as a lifelong single male, I have never had a girlfriend, never dated nor had any female companionship.

How and why? It pertains to matters both in and out of my control.

In terms of latter, I am a short and homely guy, qualities that do not exactly endear you to the opposite sex. Lost track of the number of times women have got in my face and said 'your short' or 'your unattractive'- and showed no concern for how those words impact my life or (worse yet) do not even realize they did/said anything wrong.

From standpoint of former, I went through some rather rough times of a Job-like capacity as a young man in his late teens to early twenties, which served to significantly set back the development of my social skills. So basically I remained on the sidelines during my prime twenties and thirties dating years. It is my fault in that I lost track of the number of invites to single groups, events and activities I turned down and pretty much stayed home and avoided others company.

That said, I also do not feel it is fair to second guess decisions you made as a young person either. So as the old saying goes, onward and upwards:

Proverbs 4: 25-27:

25 Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways.
27 Do not turn to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.

Fast forward to middle age, and I am pretty much set in my ways as a single person and probably would not adapt well to being in a relationship. I Corinthians 7 pretty much sums things up when suggesting ' it is good for a man not to marry'. I interpret this to mean there are people whom can accomplish things single that they might not be if otherwise married, a category in which I potentially fall into.

Romans 8:28 states 'and as we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him'. If you are like me you have faced circumstances in life so difficult and problematic in which we either do not understand or which that passage does not seem to make sense. Yet, I find Proverbs 20:24 to clear things up in terms of making a faith based statement: 'A man's goings are of the Lord; how then can man understand his way?'

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
nakedness is weird, if we all walk round with no clothes on people would just laugh anyway so its better to keep them on, plus, it does get cold.

I wouldnt worry about it.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Even as a teen I realized I was too practical for romance. So now my stance is, until we have at least a verbal contract established outlining the boundaries of the relationship, it's not a relationship. And apparently talk about verbal contracts and boundaries just doesn't make all the guys go insane with passion.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Id be like, just cos you peeked at my private parts and I saw yours, doesnt mean we are TOGETHER. Come on man I am your sister, brothers just dont do that.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
@Lanolin you're going to give all the prudish grannies on this site heart attacks with all of that, and it's not even Friday yet lol.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I turned 44 this year...

I have been in one relationship.

I think I would like to marry again...

(It is really strange how some threads progress. Ie. Comments ☝️)

Feb 10, 2014
34 and none. I really don't see a point in wasting time dating if I know it would not lead to anything serious.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
1. We are married now so I think it's going pretty well so far!

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Even as a teen I realized I was too practical for romance. So now my stance is, until we have at least a verbal contract established outlining the boundaries of the relationship, it's not a relationship. And apparently talk about verbal contracts and boundaries just doesn't make all the guys go insane with passion.
So, you're Sheldon. 😂😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
But with a better sense of humor, or at least one that is not nearly as lame.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
And slightly better social graces, but only slightly.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
At the very least you counteract the stereotype they propound - that women are here to make dumb comments and not comprehend anything.