How many sins does it take for a christian to become aa sinner? John 9:31 Now we know that God hearth not sinners.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
In a time when christians need clear and exact answers (especially new christians) from where will the answer come?

I know there will be disagreements as to the right or wrong answer however the purpose of the question is not to create division among believers the intention is to bring instead a curiosity into the life of these believers who are incline to believe that the eternal promise is worth any and all they have in order to be with Christ.

For we know that all creation is straining ,waiting , growing, that they may witness the manifestation of the Sons of God. How and why would, the mountains , the trees , the rivers , the rocks ,strain , in holding back their voice in high praise to Jesus if not because He has made this possible.

The revealing of those who have become Sons of The Everlasting King. Be yee male or female. You are royalty.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In a time when christians need clear and exact answers (especially new christians) from where will the answer come?
When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth :)

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
In a time when christians need clear and exact answers (especially new christians) from where will the answer come? I know there will be disagreements as to the right or wrong answer however the purpose of the question is not to create division among believers the intention is to bring instead a curiosity into the life of these believers who are incline to believe that the eternal promise is worth any and all they have in order to be with Christ.
Hi,
OP: How many sins does it take for a christian to become aa sinner? John 9:31 Now we know that God hearth not sinners.

How I see:

Jn 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Chapter: Jesus see's a man blind from birth, makes clay, anoints his eyes & sends him to wash in the pool of Siloam & his eyes are open!

Context: vs 31: It's the hypocrite SINNER Pharisees referring to Jesus & accusing him as a sinner.

The hypocrite SINNER Pharisees statement is correct. However, it's them that God isn't listening to.

True: God doesn't listen to sinners. Question: What is the correct definition of a sinner?

We're all sinners & deserve sins sentence invoked in (Rom 6:23 A) Death. When we, by faith accept God's gift of grace = Jesus sin payment & resurrection.

Jesus our Great High Priest, imputes our just/due punishment, that He bought at Calvary onto Himself. He then imputes his righteousness, that He earned at Calvary through faithfulness & obedience. And then Jesus imputes His righteousness onto us.

The resurrection is Father's receipt: Sins Heavenly required wage PAID in FULL!

Now that ALL your sins have been placed on Jesus. God listen's to your prayers, you may might not like the answer or the amount of time its takes to get one etc. But, He's listening!

The hypocrite SINNER Pharisees as many others have & many others will, rejected God, by rejecting His Son.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth:)
He, the Spirit of Truth (Holy Spirit) has come to the Earth, but just as when the Light came and was rejected because man wanted to remain in their sins......He - the Spirit of Truth, too is rejected by the same.

However, to as many as received Him, to them gave He the power to become the sons of God.

Mar 5, 2020

I know there will be disagreements as to the right or wrong answer however the purpose of the question is not to create division among believers the intention is to bring instead a curiosity into the life of these believers who are incline to believe that the eternal promise is worth any and all they have in order to be with Christ.

For we know that all creation is straining ,waiting , growing, that they may witness the manifestation of the Sons of God. How and why would, the mountains , the trees , the rivers , the rocks ,strain , in holding back their voice in high praise to Jesus if not because He has made this possible.

The revealing of those who have become Sons of The Everlasting King. Be yee male or female. You are royalty.
Something that started me to doubt my choice of faith years ago was when I happened on that verse that says, We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

So much for the veracity of the so called sinners prayer. When God doesn't listen to sinners how does a sinner pray and repent and accept Jesus?
Way too many contradictions to have it consistently make sense and lay claim to being the inspired word of a perfect God. I came to believe man made God in his image and likeness when he wrote a bible and gave a supreme being an anthropomorphic personality. A human personality.
This is why I've said, I can believe in God and not believe in the bible. In fact, I'd wonder if God believes in the bible or approves what is there and attributed to his spirit. Especially when it says of him, he doesn't listen to sinners.
Well, so much for coming to God in prayer and asking forgiveness.
That's why the verse never made sense in light of what the gospel is suppose to mean.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Something that started me to doubt my choice of faith years ago was when I happened on that verse that says, We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

So much for the veracity of the so called sinners prayer. When God doesn't listen to sinners how does a sinner pray and repent and accept Jesus?
Way too many contradictions to have it consistently make sense and lay claim to being the inspired word of a perfect God. I came to believe man made God in his image and likeness when he wrote a bible and gave a supreme being an anthropomorphic personality. A human personality.
This is why I've said, I can believe in God and not believe in the bible. In fact, I'd wonder if God believes in the bible or approves what is there and attributed to his spirit. Especially when it says of him, he doesn't listen to sinners.
That's why the verse never made sense in light of what the gospel is suppose to mean.
Did you pray with pride demanding an answer or with humility.......:unsure:

The sinner’s prayer is not demanding, it is the soul crying out to be saved.

The flesh cries out in pride - very upset that God is not doing something the way our flesh wants God to do it.....

We know God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
God loves sinners.........

while we were sinners, Christ died for us....

no greater love has a man than he lay his life down for another....

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@Brandnewday - you are loved and accepted in Christ- The ONLY ONE that takes your sin away. :love:

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Trick question. We are all sinners. In Christ we are forgiven but we are not weighed on a scale. Any sin separates us from a holy God. Let us be overwhelmed with gratitude for that mercy, but let us not forget that we are sinners. Let us be humble.

Jan 17, 2020

“We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is. The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.” John 9:29–31 (KJV 1900)
This is the man Jesus healed speaking. Why do you quote it as truth? It's probably phariseeism.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Christians don't become sinners.. We are sinners.. We are sinners from the time we came to the knowledge of Good and Evil till the time we breath our last breath

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

We can deduce the blind man was a Jew in “good standing” before this day we read about in John 9, for only after he professes faith and admits discipleship of Jesus is he banned from the synagogue.

Can we also deduce that this man, prior to conversion, may have prayed to God for healing, for help?

If so, were his prayers answered when Jesus healed him?

If what this man says in John 9:31 is true, and I believe it is, then he must have been a worshiper of God and a doer of His will for his prayers to be answered.

But what differentiates the blind man, prior to his faith in Jesus, from the Pharisees? They both worshipped the God of Abraham, followed the law etcetera.

So why then does God answer the prayer of the blind man, giving him physical and spiritual sight, but gives nothing to the Pharisees?

Was it simply because God fore knew this blind man would believe on the Son and the Pharisees would not?

Or did God choose to give sight to the blind man and not the Pharisees? Did God cause some men to see but allow others to remain blind?

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Christians don't become sinners.. We are sinners.. We are sinners from the time we came to the knowledge of Good and Evil till the time we breath our last breath
Sorry but you are wrong. Big time

Jul 23, 2018
What verse do you "we are sinners" use to support that?
You think the early church used that as their perception of how God looked at them.

Seems inverted to me.

If I wanted to miss the target,I world just point and shoot.
If my sim is to be like Jesus,and filled with the Holy Spirit,sin would repulse me.

If my aim is to be 50/50 and have my mental walk with a carnal attitude and conversation then I'm a sinner saved by grace.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
What verse do you "we are sinners" use to support that?
You think the early church used that as their perception of how God looked at them.

Seems inverted to me.

If I wanted to miss the target,I world just point and shoot.
If my sim is to be like Jesus,and filled with the Holy Spirit,sin would repulse me.

If my aim is to be 50/50 and have my mental walk with a carnal attitude and conversation then I'm a sinner saved by grace.
Do you still sin?

Jul 23, 2018

Ok.
The Spirit precedes the word (written word)
Jesus laid it out vividly,
Tarry in Jerusalem until you get The Holy Spirit like me.
Procede from there.
Mental discernment will fail.
Scripture is from heaven.
Salvation is a person,not a concept or prayer.
We sign up to die.
Life comes from death
The Holy Spirit is our helper.
We turn our faces like flint to heaven.
We reject and divorce all that would confuse or take that away.
We walk in the Spirit.
We see his hand and feel his warmth and approval.
When temptation wins we sin.
It breaks our hearts and we vow and LEARN to Not Go There Again.

Read pilgrim's progress.
It will put definition in your walk

Jul 23, 2018
Committing a sin?
I am looking at a huge American flag across from a field.
It most likely has a speck of dust on it.
Look at that spotted nasty flag.

Nope looks clean as can be.
If I am repentant and sin repulses me,and that one sin is dealt with immediately,I am smearing heaven and how God sees me (through the shed blood) by saying I am a sinner first and saved second.
Iow do you have unrepented sin in your life????

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Committing a sin?
I am looking at a huge American flag across from a field.
It most likely has a speck of dust on it.
Look at that spotted nasty flag.

Nope looks clean as can be.
If I am repentant and sin repulses me,and that one sin is dealt with immediately,I am smearing heaven and how God sees me (through the shed blood) by saying I am a sinner first and saved second.
Iow do you have unrepented sin in your life????
You didn’t answer my question.
A simple yes or no will suffice.