How many sins does it take for a christian to become aa sinner? John 9:31 Now we know that God hearth not sinners.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Actually it only takes one.

Praise God I'm only a sinner saved by grace.

I will one day be presented before the throne faultless. But I wait earnestly for the day. Sealed unto the day of redemption.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth :)
“We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is. The man answered and said unto them, Why herein is a marvellous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.” John 9:29–31 (KJV 1900)
This is the man Jesus healed speaking. Why do you quote it as truth? It's probably phariseeism.

Sorry but you are wrong. Big time
When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth:)
Christians don't become sinners.. We are sinners.. We are sinners from the time we came to the knowledge of Good and Evil till the time we breath our last breath
Elaborate with Scriptural support.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
No, but I have been known to backslide.....:unsure::giggle::love:

All my sins have been dealt with and taken away from me by the Blood of Yeshua/Jesus. All my righteousness is filthy rags that I traded with Yeshua/Jesus for His Righteousness which is His Body - I am NOW the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

I am sealed, baptized and filled with the Holy Spirit. Here's where the FUN begins.....:D

Every day is a choice to love God and follow Him..... it's very easy if I stay FILLED with the Holy Spirit, however, if I neglect the Gift of the Holy Spirit then my flesh gets stronger and I backslide.

Along comes the Accuser of the brethren - "You're NOT SAVED! You're still sinning!"

Be careful, the Accuser is a LIAR!

I need to stir up the Gift of the Holy Spirit daily and throughout the day by singing songs in my heart to God, reading, studying, meditating on Gods Word - the Bible, fellowshiping with other believers, praying, talking with God about everything...... so that I can walk by the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Sin is GONE, but my flesh has to be dealt with so, I take up my cross and follow Yeshua/Jesus.

Truly, born again believers are NOT sinners anymore. :love:(y)

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
🤦‍♂️

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
Something that started me to doubt my choice of faith years ago was when I happened on that verse that says, We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will.

So much for the veracity of the so called sinners prayer. When God doesn't listen to sinners how does a sinner pray and repent and accept Jesus?
Way too many contradictions to have it consistently make sense and lay claim to being the inspired word of a perfect God. I came to believe man made God in his image and likeness when he wrote a bible and gave a supreme being an anthropomorphic personality. A human personality.
This is why I've said, I can believe in God and not believe in the bible. In fact, I'd wonder if God believes in the bible or approves what is there and attributed to his spirit. Especially when it says of him, he doesn't listen to sinners.
Well, so much for coming to God in prayer and asking forgiveness.
That's why the verse never made sense in light of what the gospel is suppose to mean.
When He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth :)
Christians don't become sinners.. We are sinners.. We are sinners from the time we came to the knowledge of Good and Evil till the time we breath our last breath
As a parent I am held accountable for the conduct of my children. Is God held accountable for the conduct of his children ? We are children of the Most High God. If he is held accountable then who will be the one who presents the wrongful conduct of his children to him. If I understand it correctly Jesus is the only one given that authority. So will He? Will he accuse us to our Father? Is it possible that the blood of Jesus did exactly what the scripture said it did ? Did it really TAKE AWAY the sin of the world? I believe those who seek after righteousness know what it means to be free from the hindrance sin. The only way we can walk side by side uninterrupted with our Lord every second of every min of every hour of every day is because sin has no part of our relationship. The best part of this all is that Jesus made it that way. In my life when my flesh rises up and I fell to dress it in a manner which is according to the light I have been given I know what I have done and I know what to expect. Alas I make my way to the wood shed. The results is never about the feeling of discipline but instead its about me staying under his arm. My soul weeps at the thought living any other way.

Jul 23, 2018
You didn’t answer my question.
A simple yes or no will suffice.
The answer is a pat answer.
Your Premise is in the question.
Do you cough?
Ok so that is how we see you. A chronic habitual cougher.
So yes or no,(knowing we believe one cough is enough to pigeonhole you to our template)
And then we bow up like we really described the whole world as chronic coughers in a world of coughers.
Heaven is the standard.
Not doctrine celebrating ways to shrug off living a fence sitting not committed walk.
Listening to sermons on "remember we are just sinners".

If you tell one lie then repent,are you a liar?
Yes or no.
Is the blood sufficient?
Yes or no.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As a parent I am held accountable for the conduct of my children. Is God held accountable for the conduct of his children ?
Many want to blame God, and His sovereignty, but God wants us to accept responsibility for ourselves and our sins, even though He has already taken responsibility, and purposed Jesus from before the foundation of the world, to be the atoning sacrifice.

We are children of the Most High God. If he is held accountable then who will be the one who presents the wrongful conduct of his children to him. If I understand it correctly Jesus is the only one given that authority. So will He? Will he accuse us to our Father?
Satan accuses us before the Father... but there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Is it possible that the blood of Jesus did exactly what the scripture said it did ? Did it really TAKE AWAY the sin of the world?
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. Jesus did die for the sins of the world, but only those who accept His sacrifice on their behalf are covered by the righteous blood of the Lamb of God Who takes away sin. All others stand condemned already before God, for they are without excuse, and having rejected the Creator of all and Giver of Life, pass into the second, everlasting death following the resurrection and judgment of all at the end of this age.

Jul 23, 2018
Actually it only takes one.

Praise God I'm only a sinner saved by grace.

I will one day be presented before the throne faultless. But I wait earnestly for the day. Sealed unto the day of redemption.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Then you will miss heaven by saying the blood does not 100% restore you.
"I am a sinner because Jesus is not sufficient to wash my sins and make me righteous."

"I walk a 2x4 over the fires of hell and just one slip up and I will join the others in the lake of fire."
Nobody believes that,and yet it is just as absurd to think after repenting of sin I am still a sinner 2 seconds later.

I wonder if they see Jesus wiggling the board?

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
No, no..... you got to keep it in "context." What you quoted is about getting saved - acknowledging we NEED a Savior because we are sinners - lost unbelievers. We CANNOT deny that we need a Savior.

1 John 1:7-10 King James Version (KJV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

This is AFTER we are saved....this sin is "backsliding" we're learning how to walk and we can learn with no fear of condemnation because we are in Christ. We don't like sin - we don't like falling down, it hurts God, it hurts us and others. Christ, our Good Shepherd picks us up and puts us back on our feet again. He's wonderful!

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

AFTER we are saved, this is how God sees us that are in Christ and how God sees the lost unbelievers that are still captive and blinded by the god of this world which is Satan - the devil......

1 John 3:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

BIG difference! :love:(y)

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
The answer is a pat answer.
Your Premise is in the question.
Do you cough?
Ok so that is how we see you. A chronic habitual cougher.
So yes or no,(knowing we believe one cough is enough to pigeonhole you to our template)
And then we bow up like we really described the whole world as chronic coughers in a world of coughers.
Heaven is the standard.
Not doctrine celebrating ways to shrug off living a fence sitting not committed walk.
Listening to sermons on "remember we are just sinners".

If you tell one lie then repent,are you a liar?
Yes or no.
Is the blood sufficient?
Yes or no.
You’re prideful, and that’s a sin. When people ask me if I’m a sinner I proclaim humbly and forthright, yes, a sinner saved by grace through faith. Thanks for answering by not answering.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Then you will miss heaven by saying the blood does not 100% restore you.
"I am a sinner because Jesus is not sufficient to wash my sins and make me righteous."

"I walk a 2x4 over the fires of hell and just one slip up and I will join the others in the lake of fire."
Nobody believes that,and yet it is just as absurd to think after repenting of sin I am still a sinner 2 seconds later.

I wonder if they see Jesus wiggling the board?
You go ahead and tell that to Paul.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

If we say we have no sin we lie and do not the truth.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Jul 23, 2018
No, no..... you got to keep it in "context." What you quoted is about getting saved - acknowledging we NEED a Savior because we are sinners - lost unbelievers. We CANNOT deny that we need a Savior.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

This is AFTER we are saved....this sin is "backsliding" we're learning how to walk and we can learn with no fear of condemnation because we are in Christ. We don't like sin - we don't like falling down, it hurts God, it hurts us and others. Christ, our Good Shepherd picks us up and puts us back on our feet again. He's wonderful!

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

AFTER we are saved, this is how God sees us that are in Christ and how God sees the lost unbelievers that are still captive and blinded by the god of this world which is Satan - the devil......

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Well there is only one without sin.
That is Jesus.
Where the "I am a sinner saved by grace" deal derails is assuming that all are not striving for an intimate walk.
I can not be in the spirit and sinning.
An overcome has overcome the world and sin and temptation.
So I can say both.
I can say with Paul that I am the chief of sinners while in the next breath "anyone committing sin is of the devil"

It gets down to 1)walking holy in repentance or 2) apostate unrepentant rebellion while walking with God.
The corinthians were carnal and sinful,yet still saved.

They were sinners saved by grace.
They set the bar as low as possible....hence SINNERS saved by grace.
Little god and big devil

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019

You’re going to sin till the day you die and if you’re a Christian you’ll be repentant till that day as well.

Did Peter and Barnabas stand condemned before Paul, didn’t Paul admit to doing the evil he hated...

A man who commits adultery before salvation is guilty of sin, but what do you call his adultery after conversion, an oopsie?

This is erroneous, sin is sin, some are forgiven and sin are not.

As for 1 John, it’s like your reading through a mirror, ya got it all backwards. John is speaking to the “saved” saying if you walk in the light then all your sins are forgiven and if you say do not have sin then your deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you, you’re waking in darkness. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins lol.