How many sins does it take for a christian to become aa sinner? John 9:31 Now we know that God hearth not sinners.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 17, 2020
The scripture you are basing your post on is a quote from someone Jesus healed. And is not a direct word from God. It's like quoting a pharisee or worse. Be more scholarly and used direct quotes from God, not bystanders.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@Absolutely - you are an absolute joy on this thread! :love:(y)

Well there is only one without sin.
That is Jesus.
Correct, I agree - Yeshua/Jesus is the ONLY ONE (human- Son of Man) without sin. He gives us the Righteousness of God which is His Body and we give Him our filthy rags. This is why we say, "The Lord our Righteousness" because we have NO righteousness apart from Him. Selah - hold on, I just have to pause and tell Him I love Him... :love: Wooo-hoooo!

Where the "I am a sinner saved by grace" deal derails is assuming that all are not striving for an intimate walk.
Waaaaaay too much "ass-u-me ing" going on these days....lol! :giggle:

I can not be in the spirit and sinning.

An overcomer has overcome the world and sin and temptation.
So I can say both.
I can say with Paul that I am the chief of sinners while in the next breath "anyone committing sin is of the devil."

It gets down to 1)walking holy in repentance or 2) apostate unrepentant rebellion while walking with God.

The Corinthians were carnal and sinful, yet still saved.

They were sinners saved by grace.
They set the bar as low as possible....hence SINNERS saved by grace.
Little god and big devil
I agree, it is impossible to walk by the Spirit and in our flesh at the same time - it's one or the other - NOT both.
This is where the immature Christians and the world get confused by us "Stumbling Christians" because we say we are saved, yet we walk in our flesh which causes us to stumble/backslide.

However, born again believers are NOT sinners anymore - ALL our sin is gone. We are believers that need to deal with our flesh/carnality by taking up our cross, denying ourselves (flesh/carnality) and follow Yeshua/Jesus.

Sinners are lost and condemned without a Shepherd (Yeshua/Jesus Christ) - they belong to and are blinded by the god of this world which is Satan.

There is NO CONDEMNATION for those that are in Christ Jesus - these are born again saved believers that get into trouble with their flesh because they haven't learned to stir up the Holy Spirit within them - they backslide/stumble and wander off and the Good Shepherd herds them back into the flock - they ALWAYS have a Shepherd!

Believers - have a Good Shepherd.
Sinners - do NOT have a Good Shepherd - they are blinded and captive to the god of this world - Satan the devil.

Believers do NOT lose their salvation every time we stumble over our flesh/carnality, we get back up, ask for and receive forgiveness - we're learning how to walk by the Spirit so we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.:love:(y)

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
The scripture you are basing your post on is a quote from someone Jesus healed. And is not a direct word from God. It's like quoting a pharisee or worse. Be more scholarly and used direct quotes from God, not bystanders.
Ill leave the scholarly issues to those who are scholarly. For now I will continue to work with what I have.

PERFECTION

Aug 14, 2019
You need to be more careful.
Do you really think that given our present situation this is the time to be "careful"? I accept what I am in Christ. You are disagreeing as to the meaning of scripture. The scriptures are given to christians not the lost. The lost can never understand them. But to us who are born again they are life everlasting.

By the way just for the record I have suffered thru seminary. I did gleam useful information but it took longer for me to unlearn most in order for God to deal with me. I guess the unlearning was part of learning.

I will also add agree or disagree I love discussing these issues .

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
No unrepented sin?
And yet you see sin as the bigger of the two?
You are not cleansed and restored for the next few minutes?
You know something about me I don’t regarding unrepentant sin? Please elaborate.

Jan 17, 2020
Do you really think that given our present situation this is the time to be "careful"? I accept what I am in Christ. You are disagreeing as to the meaning of scripture. The scriptures are given to christians not the lost. The lost can never understand them. But to us who are born again they are life everlasting.

By the way just for the record I have suffered thru seminary. I did gleam useful information but it took longer for me to unlearn most in order for God to deal with me. I guess the unlearning was part of learning.

You are quoting someone not the least bit familiar with NT teaching. He was probably a Pharisee or worse. He admittedly knew nothing about Christ other than that healed him.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
You’re going to sin till the day you die and if you’re a Christian you’ll be repentant till that day as well.
No, I'm not going to sin...... backslide/stumble over my flesh/carnality -yes, but ONLY when I am not full of the Holy Spirit. However, I am learning how to walk by the Spirit and I'm not stumbling as much as I used to. Yay!!!

Did Peter and Barnabas stand condemned before Paul, didn’t Paul admit to doing the evil he hated...
Sinners do NOT HATE evil - they love to do evil. They are in bondage captivity to the god of this world Satan.

We are NOT sinners anymore, be are born again believers that NOW HATE evil and are NOT CONDEMNED because we have an Advocate with the Father every time Satan accuses us when we stumble/backslide in our flesh/carnality.

We simply ask for forgiveness and get back up again because we're learning to be filled with the Holy Spirit so we can walk by the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

A man who commits adultery before salvation is guilty of sin, but what do you call his adultery after conversion, an oopsie?
Yes, after conversion if a man commits adultery - it was an "oopsie/stumbled/backslided because He has a GOOD SHEPHERD - the believer is NOT in bondage or captivity to sin and the god of this world Satan.

Adultery is just a VERY NASTY FALL and will require A LOT more forgiveness because of it's defilement of the body - the Temple of the Holy Spirit. The repercussions of adultery affect spouses, children, in-laws, friends,... It's a VERY NASTY FALL.

It's sooooooo important to STAY FILLED with the Holy Spirit. Do NOT neglect the Gift of the Holy Spirit! :love:(y)

This is erroneous, sin is sin, some are forgiven and sin are not.
Nope. This is NOT erroneous. True born again believers are NOT sinners. We are Children of the Most High God and we are learning how to walk.

As for 1 John, it’s like your reading through a mirror, ya got it all backwards. John is speaking to the “saved” saying if you walk in the light then all your sins are forgiven and if you say do not have sin then your deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you, you’re waking in darkness. If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins lol.
Nope. John was reminding them that when they were unsaved sinners, they needed a Savior. They needed the Blood of Yeshua/Jesus Christ to cleanses them from all their sin - the same is true for us and all sinners. No one can deny they need a Savior because all have sinned and if any unsaved say they have not sinned then they are lying.

Rejoice! Our sins are forgiven! We are saved. We can now walk in the Light because His blood cleansed us.

1 John 1:7-10 King James Version (KJV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Even if we now stumble and fall in the Light we are still in the Light - we have a GOOD Shepherd - we do NOT belong to Satan anymore. Sinners belong to Satan, NOT born again believers.

1 John 3:8-9 King James Version (KJV)
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Jan 17, 2020

I meant for my reply to go to Flying dove, not you. So, please disregard my comments.

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
No, I'm not going to sin...... backslide/stumble over my flesh/carnality -yes, but ONLY when I am not full of the Holy Spirit. However, I am learning how to walk by the Spirit and I'm not stumbling as much as I used to. Yay!!!

Sinners do NOT HATE evil - they love to do evil. They are in bondage captivity to the god of this world Satan.

We are NOT sinners anymore, be are born again believers that NOW HATE evil and are NOT CONDEMNED because we have an Advocate with the Father every time Satan accuses us when we stumble/backslide in our flesh/carnality.

We simply ask for forgiveness and get back up again because we're learning to be filled with the Holy Spirit so we can walk by the Spirit and NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Yes, after conversion if a man commits adultery - it was an "oopsie/stumbled/backslided because He has a GOOD SHEPHERD - the believer is NOT in bondage or captivity to sin and the god of this world Satan.

Adultery is just a VERY NASTY FALL and will require A LOT more forgiveness because of it's defilement of the body - the Temple of the Holy Spirit. The repercussions of adultery affect spouses, children, in-laws, friends,... It's a VERY NASTY FALL.

It's sooooooo important to STAY FILLED with the Holy Spirit. Do NOT neglect the Gift of the Holy Spirit! :love:(y)

Nope. This is NOT erroneous. True born again believers are NOT sinners. We are Children of the Most High God and we are learning how to walk.

Nope. John was reminding them that when they were unsaved sinners, they needed a Savior. They needed the Blood of Yeshua/Jesus Christ to cleanses them from all their sin - the same is true for us and all sinners. No one can deny they need a Savior because all have sinned and if any unsaved say they have not sinned then they are lying.

Rejoice! Our sins are forgiven! We are saved. We can now walk in the Light because His blood cleansed us.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Even if we now stumble and fall in the Light we are still in the Light - we have a GOOD Shepherd - we do NOT belong to Satan anymore. Sinners belong to Satan, NOT born again believers.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Adultery or any other sin is still labeled a sin no matter who commits it. You don’t change the label the day after you become Christian.

I was going to ask if you sin but I can’t even do that because you’ll just say no, I make oopsies that need forgiveness now. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have tears literally running down my face thank you.

It’s not really funny, I think that’s just my way of dealing with nonsense. Perhaps, the problem you’re having is a cloudy perception of sanctification, maybe a refresher on this subject would help.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Adultery or any other sin is still labeled a sin no matter who commits it. You don’t change the label the day after you become Christian.

I was going to ask if you sin but I can’t even do that because you’ll just say no, I make oopsies that need forgiveness now. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have tears literally running down my face thank you.

It’s not really funny, I think that’s just my way of dealing with nonsense. Perhaps, the problem you’re having is a cloudy perception of sanctification, maybe a refresher on this subject would help.
What is the penalty of sin?:unsure:

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
What is the penalty of sin?:unsure:
What Gift has Yeshua/Jesus given us as true born again believers?:unsure:
As true born again beliervers, how can we be sinners and receive Eternal Life?

He takes my sin away, I no longer have sin. I no longer am a sinner. I need to learn to walk by the Spirit so I do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

As true born again believers, we are no longer sinners, we have become the Children of the Most High God that need to learn how to walk by being filled with the Holy Spirit, taking up our cross, denying ourselves and following Yeshua/Jesus.

We are no longer sinners. :love:

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
No, no..... you got to keep it in "context." What you quoted is about getting saved - acknowledging we NEED a Savior because we are sinners - lost unbelievers. We CANNOT deny that we need a Savior.

This is AFTER we are saved....this sin is "backsliding" we're learning how to walk and we can learn with no fear of condemnation because we are in Christ. We don't like sin - we don't like falling down, it hurts God, it hurts us and others. Christ, our Good Shepherd picks us up and puts us back on our feet again. He's wonderful!

1 John 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

AFTER we are saved, this is how God sees us that are in Christ and how God sees the lost unbelievers that are still captive and blinded by the god of this world which is Satan - the devil......

BIG difference! :love:(y)
You didn’t answer my question.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Where the "I am a sinner saved by grace" deal derails is assuming that all are not striving for an intimate walk.
That’s interesting, because the way I see it, it’s the sinless perfectionists who do the assuming. I’m not accusing you of making that assumption but rather I’m speaking from an overall experience.