How many sins were forgiven by Son on that cross to his Father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 18, 2023
"OBTUSE"
Look it up, then judge yourself wherein you fall in the line.

Any argument for argument's sake proves fruitless to the proponent of and the receiver thereof, only comes across as OBTUSE !
Depends really how much your willing to learn from a person. Or whether you can reach a person.

Can you reach every person.

I mean can you get every person who need reaching, to trust in you.

Are you any good at breaking down barriers in confrontation

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Your last statement is true, but not a complete definition of sin. Sin is also the transgression of the law, and anything that is not of faith. So I still contend that a person can transgress the law and not be cognizant of it. Further, the example you use has both servants being beaten. Thus, both were held accountable...even the one who didn't know he was committing an offense.
Yes brother

“and anything that is not of faith.”

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭

Coming from faith means you know because you heard it’s not faith if you don’t know something to believe .

you arent understanding what I’m saying . If you have two children and you Inform one of a rule and the other you don’t inform of the rule

If each does what the rule said not to do ……which one is guilty ? Which one transgressed your rule ?

Dec 18, 2023
Yes brother

Coming from faith means you know because you heard it’s not faith if you don’t know something to believe .

you arent understanding what I’m saying . If you have two children and you Inform one of a rule and the other you don’t inform of the rule

If each does what the rule said not to do ……which one is guilty ? Which one transgressed your rule ?
Did you leave out the part that people can hear God in the first place ?

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Your last statement is true, but not a complete definition of sin. Sin is also the transgression of the law, and anything that is not of faith. So I still contend that a person can transgress the law and not be cognizant of it. Further, the example you use has both servants being beaten. Thus, both were held accountable...even the one who didn't know he was committing an offense.
are you talking about Moses law ?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Yes brother

Both broke the law. One purposefully; the other ignorantly.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Both broke the law. One purposefully; the other ignorantly.
How did the one break your rule when you never told them the rule ? It doesn’t exist for them ….

“because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If there’s no law in my mind and heart it’s not sin if I do that thing I’m not aware of

if I don’t know your rule it’s impossible le for me to break your rule, if you told me then I can break it .

Dec 18, 2023
How did the one break your rule when you never told them the rule ? It doesn’t exist for them ….

“because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

If there’s no law in my mind and heart it’s not sin if I do that thing I’m not aware of

if I don’t know your rule it’s impossible le for me to break your rule, if you told me then I can break it .
Are you forgetting the world would not have been destroyed by The flood with Gods law if the world did not know they breaking the law.

Laws where given to man before the flood some very important ones to
  1. Not to worship idols
  2. Not to curse God
  3. Not to commit murder
  4. Not to commit adultery or sexual immorality
  5. Not to steal
  6. Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal
  7. To establish courts of justice

And did they know they where breaking the law

Did God put people to sleep people who never knew in the flood ?

So How did they know

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
There is a big difference between sins being "paid for" at the cross and sins being "forgiven" at the cross. ALL sins were paid for at the cross, but none were forgiven at the cross.

The ultimate sacrifice of Christ on the cross made it possible for all sins to be forgiven. But first there must be repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 20:21). Repentance is for the remission or forgiveness of sins.

Acts 20:21, Paul is testifying to the elders of the church at Ephesus (Acts 20:17) telling them that repentance is necessary to keep them in good fellowship with God.

The natural man, before he has been born again, spiritually, will not, and indeed, can not, repent of breaking one of God's spiritual laws (1 Cor 2:14).

You do not reference a scripture for your statement that "All sins were paid for (I am assuming you mean all mankind) at the cross, but none were forgiven at the cross, which will not harmonize with the other scriptures (John 6:37-39) Those that Christ died for, on the cross, were those that his Father gave him, and he promises that he would not lose any of them, but would raise them up at the last day
Those that his Father gave him were redeemed, past tense, (Isaiah 43:1)

Jesus's sacrifice was a sacrifice that was offered to God, for God's acceptance. It was not offered to all mankind, for their acceptance.

God shows his word to Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel (Psalms 147:19) Jacob, whose surname is Israel represents spiritual Israel (Rom 9:6-11)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
“But if ye be led of the Spirit,

ye are not under the law.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:18‬ ‭

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

back to my example if you the father don’t I form the child d they do something wrong it isn’t a sin in has to be “transgression of “ that means you have to be aware of something to transgress it

if I don’t tell you the rule , you can’t possibly transgress my rule because of ignorance

You absolutely have to know you are sinning or have sinned for it to be a transgression that’s a knowing breaking of whatever the rule happens to be

If there’s no law in my heart , I can’t sin and break it

transgression” an act that goes against a law, rule, or code of conduct; an offense.”

i can’t transgress a law I don’t know about
Even though death reigned anyway, from Adam to Moses, then the knowledge of sin entered in, and people the first Chosen got to see they cannot be perfect in their first born flesh and blood. Wandered in the wilderness for forty years, griping, moaning and complaining, not able to do it perfectly at all. Under Law, that no one can fathom to do it perfectly ever, need to do it yet can't, only God can and did that by Son for us (Galatians 3:19-26)

Then Son comes into the picture and fulfills the Law and Prophets perfectly in Love and mercy to us the people to now choose to believe God or not in Son as risen or not. The Gentiles included, not just the first chosen anymore, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then as I know I did, from youth chose to believe God, not convicted under Law until later on, when entered a Building of people trying to be righteous by trying to do Law perfectly and asking for more forgiveness weekly to keep forgiven and saved by God in Son for them.
The Pastor told me when I asked this ?. Didn't you say Jesus went to that cross and died once for us all as are now forgiven 100%?
He said yes, I did preach that, and why you asking this?
Well, I ask because if my sins are all forgiven by God in Son for me, why am I to ask for more? He said to me have you sinned again this week before coming back here. I replied yes! I have.
That is why we do this weekly to keep, remain forgiven by God.
Therefore I read the Bible in the forgiveness issue given by God

Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Jesus, himself, went to that cross without a fight back in of flesh and blood, "The Art of Fighting without Fighting" and willingly shed his blood once for us all to turn to belief to see, he is now risen and desires to save any one that will believe him in his done work for them. Not to be repented of ever again Jesus is the Spiritual light, not the physical light yet they are synonymous

John 19:30

Authorized (King James) Version

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

That was and is the final sacrifice for forgiveness given to us the people. Done from God to us all through Son for us.
There is no further repentance than what is done for us to be new in his risen Life to go new in Father's Spirit and Truth

The Old (First) Testament, was set up for the sacrifices in shedding blood to get and be forgiven, as God was not pleased in at all, revealed in Hebrews 10, to see this truth, thank you
I now tell God thank you, that by Son you have reconciled me ( 2 Cor 5:17-20) And I know you do not see sin, ever since Son took it away for me and all others also (John 1:29). Therefore I ask this, for me to see, from your present view Father, how to say no to any and all unrighteousness without pride as I have gotten many a times entered in me, thinking I got it as in Luke 18:9-14 tells me the first part of those verses of being proud as if one is better than another, when no one is better than anyone else ever.

So I enter

Psalm 100:4

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalm 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west,
so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Amazing Grace as John Newton saw it and wrote Amazing Grace song, once he saw it as a gift, and knew what he deserved to get and God did not impute that on him
Blessed are those that do not get sin imputed on them, get out from under Law to see from God how to uphold;d Law
Thank you

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Even though death reigned anyway, from Adam to Moses, then the knowledge of sin entered in, and people the first Chosen got to see they cannot be perfect in their first born flesh and blood. Wandered in the wilderness for forty years, griping, moaning and complaining, not able to do it perfectly at all. Under Law, that no one can fathom to do it perfectly ever, need to do it yet can't, only God can and did that by Son for us (Galatians 3:19-26)

Then Son comes into the picture and fulfills the Law and Prophets perfectly in Love and mercy to us the people to now choose to believe God or not in Son as risen or not. The Gentiles included, not just the first chosen anymore, Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then as I know I did, from youth chose to believe God, not convicted under Law until later on, when entered a Building of people trying to be righteous by trying to do Law perfectly and asking for more forgiveness weekly to keep forgiven and saved by God in Son for them.
The Pastor told me when I asked this ?. Didn't you say Jesus went to that cross and died once for us all as are now forgiven 100%?
He said yes, I did preach that, and why you asking this?
Well, I ask because if my sins are all forgiven by God in Son for me, why am I to ask for more? He said to me have you sinned again this week before coming back here. I replied yes! I have.
That is why we do this weekly to keep, remain forgiven by God.
Therefore I read the Bible in the forgiveness issue given by God

Hebrews 9:22
And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Jesus, himself, went to that cross without a fight back in of flesh and blood, "The Art of Fighting without Fighting" and willingly shed his blood once for us all to turn to belief to see, he is now risen and desires to save any one that will believe him in his done work for them. Not to be repented of ever again Jesus is the Spiritual light, not the physical light yet they are synonymous

John 19:30

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

That was and is the final sacrifice for forgiveness given to us the people. Done from God to us all through Son for us.
There is no further repentance than what is done for us to be new in his risen Life to go new in Father's Spirit and Truth

The Old (First) Testament, was set up for the sacrifices in shedding blood to get and be forgiven, as God was not pleased in at all, revealed in Hebrews 10, to see this truth, thank you
I now tell God thank you, that by Son you have reconciled me ( 2 Cor 5:17-20) And I know you do not see sin, ever since Son took it away for me and all others also (John 1:29). Therefore I ask this, for me to see, from your present view Father, how to say no to any and all unrighteousness without pride as I have gotten many a times entered in me, thinking I got it as in Luke 18:9-14 tells me the first part of those verses of being proud as if one is better than another, when no one is better than anyone else ever.

So I enter

Psalm 100:4

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Amazing Grace as John Newton saw it and wrote Amazing Grace song, once he saw it as a gift, and knew what he deserved to get and God did not impute that on him
Blessed are those that do not get sin imputed on them, get out from under Law to see from God how to uphold;d Law
Thank you
To m sorry I’m not really following what your saying I think i agree with it but not sure I understand what your saying I apologize .

Do you think Jesus our lord has the right to set the conditions for mans salvation given that he is the one who laid down his life to save us ?

what I mean is since Jesus died for our sins , what then do we do with the things he taught us to do and said would save us ?

for instance should a believer in Christ believe what he taught about forgivness of sins ?

Here’s a simple example

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is what Jesus our lord and savior taught those who would listen to him and believe in him

can I ask you is what Jesus taught true and applicable to believers in him who he died for ?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Do you think Jesus our lord has the right to set the conditions for mans salvation given that he is the one who laid down his life to save us ?
Jesus and Father are One, he won for us to be saved by his done work alone to all those in beleif

what I mean is since Jesus died for our sins , what then do we do with the things he taught us to do and said would save us ?
Believe, continue to believe and ask and trust to let go of those things you now hate that you do and do not want to do.
God will come through for you to see it is not you that do it, it is God that does it and did by Son first for you too
1 John 2:1-4, John 19:30, Hebrews 9:14-17, Hebrews 7:11-12

“For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

but if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6:14-15‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Trusting for you to see this/ by God you will,
Before the cross, the death, burial and resurrection people under Law, the First Chosen ones, had to forgive to get forgiven, had to love to get loved

After the cross, We are to love and forgive, because by God in Son for us we now are forgiven and loved forever once anyone stands in belief to God will see this truth if has not yet seen it, continue and one will (Col 1:21-23)
Talk about thanksgiving and praise wow, woe is me as in Isaiah 6:1-7 states

Today and ever since after the cross in the forgiveness of the final sacrifice for forgiveness of Son, reconciliation is provided 2 Cor 5:17-20
The debt cleared, the slate cleaned, you owe nothing anymore. God by Son took it al,l upon himself for us to be given new life in his risen Life in God's Spirit and Truth to lead, not our first born flesh anymore.
Done once by Son for us all, in that last shed blood for all as reconciled, thank you Father and Son as Won (One)

Here is the problem with religion that I see, it does not believe this as truth (It says it is, but does not believe it) in being and remaining forgiven by God through Son forever now presently forever. Therefore accuses people of taking this for granted as the Corinthians did at first, and then saw to simply believe God to lead through them, being new as born new now in belief, they got so focused on the new life given them there was no more conscious of sinning anymore, no more trying to not sin, therefore sin was not anymore in them. Then and now for us now being too busy in praise and worship to God, seeing

Hebrews 10 a great chapter to read and trust Father to reveal it to you. Daddy will as Daddy does that to us all that are sincere in belief and do not want to sin anymore. God causes this to get done in us, as long as one does not stop the desire to see new, one will and it can take awhile,
I trust God to reveal this to you in God's timing, not mine or yours either Love and mercy to you too

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
“the threat here is temporal and physical punishment, even death”

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-27‬ ‭

“and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:7-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

but that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:4-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:

and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:2-3, 6-7, 10-14‬ ‭

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:21, 23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“…..the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-13, 15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we have to repent we can’t keep sinning he’s being patient

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

i dont really understand how Christianity got so far away from the basic doctrines of the Bible
we are not the fearful and unbelieving or the abominable, we are not murderers or whoremongers, sorcerers etc etc

We believe and are saved ...

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
“the threat here is temporal and physical punishment, even death”

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-27‬ ‭

“and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭1:7-9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

but that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭6:4-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:

and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:2-3, 6-7, 10-14‬ ‭

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:21, 23-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“…..the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-13, 15‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

we have to repent we can’t keep sinning he’s being patient

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

i dont really understand how Christianity got so far away from the basic doctrines of the Bible
Why do folks preach to saints as though they were sinners still. Preach grace and they will be gracious, preach sin and you will get sinners. What we preach actually produces among the hearers.

Preach holiness and get a holy people.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
You can transgress a law unconsciously.

A Human law ? yes ignorance isn’t an excuse in a court room I agree . Gods law of the spirit of life is not like that , he deals with men individually according to what they know.

“And that servant, which knew his Lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required:

and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭12:47-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

It’s simple if we just accept what it says

“Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”
‭‭James‬ ‭4:17‬ ‭

Realize how that takes away me judging you or you judging anyone else ? Gods spirit is with each believer he’s the one n us and teaching us what we come to know he’s allowing us to learn and grow and accept things he’s trying to teach us .

But me ? I have no idea what you or anyone else knows between the Holy Spirit and your own self but we also can’t pretend we dont know we’re sinning when we are if we do o ow because again Gods holt spirit is t going to be deceived he’s within our heart and mind

our relationship with Jesus is truly a personal one no one else is going to be judged by what I know but what they themselves know is right and wrong is the point

Sin is when you know you are doing something against Gods Will
beaten much or beaten less does not equate to being chucked into the lake of fire.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Some years ago, a Jewish man asked me this question:

"God forgave you for the sins you committed up to the moment of your
conversion. What about the sins you are committing now?"

His was a reasonable question coming from someone familiar with Yom
Kippur where as soon as the ritual ends, Jews begin accumulating sins
towards the next Yom Kippur. In other words; God begins compiling an
indictment against them all over again.

Not so for folks unified with Christ. The moment of their conversion was the
moment that God stopped keeping criminal records of their wrongs. In other
words; no more do their sins go into the books spoken of at Rev 20:11-15,
i.e. their pages will be blank just as though they've never been anything but
100% innocent their entire lives.

2Cor 5:19 . . God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not
counting men's sins against them. (cf. Jer 30:33 & Heb 10:1-18)
_

Blade

Nov 19, 2019
All, a few or none, is it done or not for us to be new in belief to he is risen or not?
Just asking, I believe it is finished John 19:30, then in the risen Son one gets this and a new life to lead them in Spirit and Truth John 4:23-24 as Father leads in one's being willing, not ever forced to believe by God anyway is my experience
Hey.... Yeah I believe that sacrifice was once and for all. Pfft this will be good.. if I have some sin that I didn't repent of forgot.. I am still saved. Let me try to explain. I am righteous, I know because He told me by asking me what righteousness was and how do you get righteousness then I made sure its written in His word.. wow it was. At that moment all I saw was my sin I did all the time. He showed me how He sees me right now through what Christ already paid for on the cross. That righteousness does not come and go. Its not based on me its Him. The Father sees me through the son.

pfft ...I am sure Heb what chapter 10 and Chapter 6 will some how make it into this thread. Short is.. that verse willfully sinning is based on that person rejecting what Christ already did. Since they reject Him and His free gift all that is left as they willfully sin is judgment. This just gets silly shows how the enemy lies all the time. Every believer willfully sins now and again. Not here to debate .. who was Paul talking to? How were they raised and taught? Yeah you have to look at all of that. Its not just some letter written to the Church 2024. Heb 10:1.. talking about what? Yeah those Jewish believers would go back to offer a sacrifice for that sin they just did.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Right there.. what sin did He miss? See Christ is the final sacrifice.

So I am right now as its written a citizen of Heaven. I am right now seated in heavenly places. For me .. lol every day I keep getting closer to Him and there are times I am remined of something I did, said, thought.. no condemnation no guilt.. not even asking me to repent (has to be my free choice) yet something within me always wants to say.. Father forgive me for that. He already did that's what some get hung up on. Its something the enemy will use between me and my Father if we do not repent. I have children and I love them this will not ever change no matter what they do. Now they can goof up miss it and even hurt me and then will say sorry. Not saying sorry can and will effect our relationship but does not cannot touch them being mine.

We are righteous because of Christ Jesus "This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction,"

We are a citizen of heaven "But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; "