D
DaybyDay
Guest
How many times a day we eat?
Through out our day we eat and drink at least 3 times, all of which goes through a process until it becomes a part of us.
In the same way, when we come to spending time with the Lord, we need to eat the Word.
When we eat the word, it nourishes, satisfies and most importantly it becomes a part of us. Until recently, I did not know what this meant, and thought it was seriously strange. But looking at the scripture, we see the matter of eating is very important.
Matthew 26:26
"And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and He broke it and gave it to the disciples and said, Take, eat; this is My body.”
Luke 4:4
"And Jesus answered him, It is written, Man shall not live on bread alone.”
John 6:51
" I am the living bread which came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever; And the bread which I will give is My flesh, given for the life of the world.”
This is so wonderful! The Lord presented Himself to us as food! We eat Him by basically enjoying Him; especially by praying back to Him, when we enjoy and get touched by a verse!
Sometimes, I feel as if I should read 10 chapters a day to get something out of it, but our living with the Lord should be very normal something that we do everyday; as long as we are touching the Lord and gaining Him.
Some days, we just need to take a verse and really get into it, repeat it and feed on it! Even just singing to Him, we need to realize He is a living person.
Go ahead try eating the Lord! Be amazed by it.
Much grace in your pursuing!
Search the Ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee
Through out our day we eat and drink at least 3 times, all of which goes through a process until it becomes a part of us.
In the same way, when we come to spending time with the Lord, we need to eat the Word.
When we eat the word, it nourishes, satisfies and most importantly it becomes a part of us. Until recently, I did not know what this meant, and thought it was seriously strange. But looking at the scripture, we see the matter of eating is very important.
Matthew 26:26
"And as they were eating, Jesus took bread and blessed it, and He broke it and gave it to the disciples and said, Take, eat; this is My body.”
Luke 4:4
"And Jesus answered him, It is written, Man shall not live on bread alone.”
John 6:51
" I am the living bread which came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he shall live forever; And the bread which I will give is My flesh, given for the life of the world.”
This is so wonderful! The Lord presented Himself to us as food! We eat Him by basically enjoying Him; especially by praying back to Him, when we enjoy and get touched by a verse!
Sometimes, I feel as if I should read 10 chapters a day to get something out of it, but our living with the Lord should be very normal something that we do everyday; as long as we are touching the Lord and gaining Him.
Some days, we just need to take a verse and really get into it, repeat it and feed on it! Even just singing to Him, we need to realize He is a living person.
Go ahead try eating the Lord! Be amazed by it.
Much grace in your pursuing!
Search the Ministry of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee