How old was Christ when He was crucified?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doulos

Point out the guess work Daniel or Luke which one is guessing. Hebrew doesnt leave things to the translators. Scripture on scripture Isa. 28;10 I dont need to defend the word of GOD the word of GOD defends itself everything has got to fit.
You are the one that said
70 weeks 70 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks
Luke 3;23 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++70 weeks 490days
Daniel 9;24 He was not lieing.
For starters Christ was about 30 in Luke 3:35 so even 490 literal days later would have made Him older then 30 so there went your proof. As I said you have not provided proof. If you think you can show the events on the Scriptural timeline of the seventy weeks being fulfilled using history to show the occurences by all means do so. But just because you interpret those verses to mean that does not mean it is true. If you cannot show historically where the events were actually fulfilled you have not proven it.

W

wdeaton65

Mt 27 100% Dan. 9;24 who do you think those people were after First fruits in verse 50-52 or is there 2 resurrections Everything has to fit. That is the sinking sand of the abstract languages you stand on falling away under YOUR FEET.

D

doulos

Mt 27 100% Dan. 9;24 who do you think those people were after First fruits in verse 50-52 or is there 2 resurrections Everything has to fit. That is the sinking sand of the abstract languages you stand on falling away under YOUR FEET.
Please address the issue just throwing verses out randomly does not show the historical fullfiment of the 70 weeks between Luke3:23 and 490 literal days after Christ was baptized.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

So let me see if I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying all of Dan9:24 was fulfilled between the time Christ was baptized and 490 literal days later? Then how do you ezplain Dan9:25-26? Did they occur within the 70 weeks, or before or after? How was vision and prophecy sealed up during the 490 days after Christ’s baptism? Show us when and where this was literally fulfilled in that 490 days.

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

So then the events of Dan 9:24 come before the 7 and 62 weeks? Didn’t the events spoken of in Dan9:25-26 occur beginning in 444BC with Artaxerxes decree to rebuild Jerusalem including the wall and ending in 32AD when the Messiah was cut off (crucified but not for Himself, but for us). So didn’t Dan9:25-26 occur before Dan9:24? Or do you have a different interpretation on those 7 and 62 sevens also

D

doulos

no it doesn't because his age on Earth had no bearing on the point of why he came. I can believe Christ was 33 when he died and still preach the gospel as well as someone who doesn't. It just is not a big deal. So no that tradition does not make the word of God have no effect.
So you don't think choosing to believe a lie over truth when you have been shown the difference might have an effect on your credibility when preaching the gospel?

P

PeteWaldo

There are so many things about the time line of Christ and how His life in the flesh affected us, I should think the length of the time here in our years would be the least of what we need to understand.
It is however handy in illustrating, how a near unanimity of the world can be wrong about something - like the beginning of our calendar.
jesus born 6-4 bc - Bing
And by the same token a near unanimity of the church, who hold the pop-eschatologies of partial preterism and futurism, that began to come into vogue in the 19th century church. No wonder each must consider the other to be virtually 100% in error regarding Revelation.
By the last half of the 20th century those eschatologies had displaced the traditional historicist approach to New Testament prophecy, just in time to blind the church to the healing of the mortal wound, of THE false prophet Muhammad's Islamic kingdom beast.
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/61666-mark-beast-2.html#post992373

W

wdeaton65

No I will not teach you doulos study Dan. 9;24 and Dan 12.1 put it together. Where do you think the ark was when Yeshua gave HIS life. Do you think it was in the 2nd temple???????? All of Dan 9;24 had to be completed at pentacost spring feast was. Stop reading greek and go back to the beginning. Yeshua had to aniont the ark and HE did. It is finished doulos just like HE said please look into to these questions. Who were those people in Mt. 27;50-52 in this you will find the truth if I just tell you it does you no good. Blessed is doulos he hungers and thirst you will be filled with HIS truth just look into who those people were thanks.

D

doulos

No I will not teach you doulos study Dan. 9;24 and Dan 12.1 put it together. Where do you think the ark was when Yeshua gave HIS life. Do you think it was in the 2nd temple???????? All of Dan 9;24 had to be completed at pentacost spring feast was. Stop reading greek and go back to the beginning. Yeshua had to aniont the ark and HE did. It is finished doulos just like HE said please look into to these questions. Who were those people in Mt. 27;50-52 in this you will find the truth if I just tell you it does you no good. Blessed is doulos he hungers and thirst you will be filled with HIS truth just look into who those people were thanks.
I understand you would rather obfuscate and rail against those who disagree with you then discuss the interpretation's based on their merits, both Scripturally and historically. As you are led friend, as you are led!

W

wdeaton65

Ok believe what you want. No one can ever answer the qustion about the people of the resurrection in Mt.27;50-52 That was Dan.12;1 there is not two resurrections ever. There is only the last trump left for this world. The fall feast Lev. 23. All this end time counterfiet israle, islam, lds, jw pick one of the many paths to destuction. They are all counterfiet and a waste of time.
I hope you guys search these things out Blessings ps I still hate the abstract languages LOL I think they have done more to destroy the word of GOD than anything else. Change the language change the people and there culture Alexander new this.

Apr 21, 2012
So you don't think choosing to believe a lie over truth when you have been shown the difference might have an effect on your credibility when preaching the gospel?
I think it doesn't matter and I don't care