How ready are you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

How ready are you to meet Mr/Miss Right?

• Just pretend I'm not even here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe later, maybe never

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Just started thinking and praying about it

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Enjoying being single at the moment

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • If it happens, it happens

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I'm committed to preparing myself with God's help for a relationship

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Been there, done that, don't want to do it again

• Beginning to think it's never going to happen

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I've given up all hope of finding someone

• I don't think it's God's will for my life

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jullianna

Do we wait til June 14th? (date poll closes)
The date is of no importance really. I created this thread at a time when people were complaining about threads that were several years old popping back up because of the polls on them. :)

Vote whenever and however you like. I'm just curious as to where folks think they are in the timeline of their lives and what their level of interest in marriage might be. :)

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I just started thinking and praying about my character in order to be with someone. I used to be mindless about picking who I want to be with... I thought there was a measure of predestined companionship.

So now that I know that its up to me to be faithful in God & in the girl I choose I'm more careful to stay away from a personality that loves materials, emotions, & their own understanding. Its scares me that I'd ever choose a girlfriend out of want & she turns out being a fake personality, who says they're a Christian but outside of church she's a different person.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I put if it happens it happens.

I'm currently waiting on someone to get with the program. He likes me, he just doesnt know it yet!

Im 29 i've been around long enough to realize what i do and i don't like. What i will and wont tolerate. So it's actually made things quite easy. However waiting for this guy to come to the conclusion im the best thing that's ever happened to him, well that's gonna take some patience so if it happens it happens. :D

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
I just started thinking and praying about my character in order to be with someone. I used to be mindless about picking who I want to be with... I thought there was a measure of predestined companionship.

So now that I know that its up to me to be faithful in God & in the girl I choose I'm more careful to stay away from a personality that loves materials, emotions, & their own understanding. Its scares me that I'd ever choose a girlfriend out of want & she turns out being a fake personality, who says they're a Christian but outside of church she's a different person.
I was asleep when I wrote this* I woke up a little scared thinking I wrote jumbled sentences. Its ok though I think.

L

Livi94

I simply feel like im too young to know...

error

Oct 23, 2009
If it happens, it happens :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I guess... I didn't see the answer I was looking for. Experience has taught me that I am always ready. If she was here we would probably be together.

MrHonest

Jan 22, 2012
Ack I have to revise myself! I'm a book with many blank pages & many of the pages that are left are for the openness & love for a gf & wife. I still have pages that will be written of myself & others for continuous faith & growth. I pray The Lord guide & write all of myself & my relationships & my marriage.

L

Livi94

Amen, Mr. Honest!

I

Isa

If it Happens it happens. I'm not sure I'm ready though, a part of me really wants to be in a commited relationship... and the other part is just dreading at the thought. This is due to a past relationship in which -Ihate to say it- I was abused. But God is in control, I wanna leave this matter to him.

God Bless

J

JackSparrowHead

Beginning to think it's never going to happen

May 29, 2012
Can any man really really be ready for a woman, or the other way. I'm tired of the dating thing and looking for a ggod Christian woman to grow old with.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Beginning to think it's never going to happen
Give it some time, you're still young. According to current statistics, average age for men getting married for the first time is 28. Of course old guys like me that have never been married throw the averages off. :D

B

ButterflyPrincess

I don't think it's God's will for my life. :)
I'm simply TOO
TOO
TOO picky and honestly no guy can handle that.

A

aussieguy

i put if it happens it happens

as i really really like a certain someone and she fits everything i would like in partner and she is just soooooooooooo AWESOME!!!! :) :)

so im hoping things happens, i guess its just going to take a lil bit longer but i know ill be waiting :)