1. Actively teach people the word of God about fornication from a very young age (Deuteronomy 31:11-12, I Thessalonians 4:3-7.)
2. Look diligently among us to see if there is a fornicator to keep many from being defiled (Hebrews 11.)
3. Delivering fornicators in the congregation over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh and so that the leaven of
wickedness does not spread in the congregation (I Corinthians 5.)
4. Create a culture that values virginity among the single and eschews fornication (a combination of 1-3 above.)
5. Encourage and help those who want to marry to get married.
5a. Encourage parents to help-- 'Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and
give your daughters to husbands, ' (Jeremiah 29:6, NKJV)
5b. Be willing to help match up Christians seeking spouses.
5c. Encourage, do not discourage, finding a spouse within the local church.
6. Make a place in your church and in your theology for those who pursue life-long celibacy to honor the Lord. (I Corinthians 7.)
7. Discourage divorce.
7a. Teach the scriptures on divorce and remarriage (e.g. Matthew 5, Matthew 19, I Corinthians 7.)
2. Look diligently among us to see if there is a fornicator to keep many from being defiled (Hebrews 11.)
3. Delivering fornicators in the congregation over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh and so that the leaven of
wickedness does not spread in the congregation (I Corinthians 5.)
4. Create a culture that values virginity among the single and eschews fornication (a combination of 1-3 above.)
5. Encourage and help those who want to marry to get married.
5a. Encourage parents to help-- 'Take wives and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons and
give your daughters to husbands, ' (Jeremiah 29:6, NKJV)
5b. Be willing to help match up Christians seeking spouses.
5c. Encourage, do not discourage, finding a spouse within the local church.
6. Make a place in your church and in your theology for those who pursue life-long celibacy to honor the Lord. (I Corinthians 7.)
7. Discourage divorce.
7a. Teach the scriptures on divorce and remarriage (e.g. Matthew 5, Matthew 19, I Corinthians 7.)