Hello everyone. I was just thinking and seeing how (mainly) even the most perfect Churches/Congregations are destroyed. Often we only talk about these ‘’mega Churches’’ and ‘’Sects’’ but that's not all it. You see that often Churches are targeted from the outside. A strong group of believers cannot be destroyed by harsh words from the outside.
Now what I have been seeing is that the enemy doesn't waste his time on strong congregations to target them from the outside, yet through the inside.
I have seen many Churches and it is always the same few things that I see that work perfectly
4.2 Laying on hands
5. Too close or too anonymous relationships within the Church
6. Witchcraft in the Church
Now I will go more into detail about these points that I have chosen for this topic.
Gossip destroys the Body of Christ very effectively and breaks down the main foundations that a Church needs which is 1. Trust, 2. Honesty, 3. Feeling Safe/lLved/Accepted
People who gossip have a lot of Pride and ‘’self-centeredness/self-security’’ that spreads like wild fire under the excuse of ‘’helping others, holy spirit, confess your faults to one another so ye may be healed (James 5:16)’’
It brings heartache and division in the Church and takes apart the armour a lot without people noticing.
Beware the Gossippers and Slanderers
Proverbs 16:28
A perverse man spreads strife, And a slanderer separates intimate friends.
We need relationships built on trust in the Church. Gossipers break it down.
2. Religiousness/Lawlessness
Pharisee alert!! Caution!
Over Religiousness is just as dangerous as Lawlessness. You have a lot of people who shout out about OSAS and ‘’you can be a cheater and go to heaven just believe in God’’ …. Just don't..
Matthew 23:27-28
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.You will see often that in many Churches you have religious spirits. They are always extreme and very deceiving. Outwardly they seem perfect and clean but in truth they are infiltrated and blinded. They will TWIST scripture. This is one reason why it is so important to be led by the Holy Spirit and study the bible yourself. People will try to force a false doctrine into you, and think what they say is true. I have posted a few stories of such occurrences but in this case I will just share one with you that doesn't need bunches of explanations.Once a few (about 4 of the Church) visited a lady who was sick that Sunday. I still had a cake from the service and we sat down in the kitchen of that lady and we started to talk about deliverance ( I've shared this story before ). She started to tell me that it is forbidden and impossible to do one-on-one deliverance and it was completely unbiblical. She (as you often find) quoted the pastor and said ‘’even he/she said it! I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to not accept it and when I got home I decided to study on it and found Mark 9:38-40And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.For he that is not against us is on our part.I was happy I found this verse. Now if I was a ‘’ baby Christian’’ I would have most likely accepted this teaching just simply because of the pressure that was applied to me by multiple people and‘’the pastor said so’’. We shouldn't quote the pastor, we should quote God. The spoken word of God is a two-edged sword, not the spoken word of a pastor.Then in other Churches you will find Lawlessness. ‘’Just get Baptised and you will go to heaven’’ and many other false doctrines that I cannot even all quote here. Be sober, be vigilant my dear friends! Rather go study for yourself than to accept false doctrine. For people are still people if they accept Christ or not. Never take a persons word but Gods.
Now what I have been seeing is that the enemy doesn't waste his time on strong congregations to target them from the outside, yet through the inside.
I have seen many Churches and it is always the same few things that I see that work perfectly
- Gossip
- Religiousness/Lawlessness
- Silence about own sin/fear of rejection and judgement
- Not going by the rules
4.2 Laying on hands
5. Too close or too anonymous relationships within the Church
6. Witchcraft in the Church
Now I will go more into detail about these points that I have chosen for this topic.
- Gossip
Gossip destroys the Body of Christ very effectively and breaks down the main foundations that a Church needs which is 1. Trust, 2. Honesty, 3. Feeling Safe/lLved/Accepted
People who gossip have a lot of Pride and ‘’self-centeredness/self-security’’ that spreads like wild fire under the excuse of ‘’helping others, holy spirit, confess your faults to one another so ye may be healed (James 5:16)’’
It brings heartache and division in the Church and takes apart the armour a lot without people noticing.
Beware the Gossippers and Slanderers
Proverbs 16:28
A perverse man spreads strife, And a slanderer separates intimate friends.
We need relationships built on trust in the Church. Gossipers break it down.
2. Religiousness/Lawlessness
Pharisee alert!! Caution!
Over Religiousness is just as dangerous as Lawlessness. You have a lot of people who shout out about OSAS and ‘’you can be a cheater and go to heaven just believe in God’’ …. Just don't..
Matthew 23:27-28
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. "So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.You will see often that in many Churches you have religious spirits. They are always extreme and very deceiving. Outwardly they seem perfect and clean but in truth they are infiltrated and blinded. They will TWIST scripture. This is one reason why it is so important to be led by the Holy Spirit and study the bible yourself. People will try to force a false doctrine into you, and think what they say is true. I have posted a few stories of such occurrences but in this case I will just share one with you that doesn't need bunches of explanations.Once a few (about 4 of the Church) visited a lady who was sick that Sunday. I still had a cake from the service and we sat down in the kitchen of that lady and we started to talk about deliverance ( I've shared this story before ). She started to tell me that it is forbidden and impossible to do one-on-one deliverance and it was completely unbiblical. She (as you often find) quoted the pastor and said ‘’even he/she said it! I felt the Holy Spirit tell me to not accept it and when I got home I decided to study on it and found Mark 9:38-40And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.For he that is not against us is on our part.I was happy I found this verse. Now if I was a ‘’ baby Christian’’ I would have most likely accepted this teaching just simply because of the pressure that was applied to me by multiple people and‘’the pastor said so’’. We shouldn't quote the pastor, we should quote God. The spoken word of God is a two-edged sword, not the spoken word of a pastor.Then in other Churches you will find Lawlessness. ‘’Just get Baptised and you will go to heaven’’ and many other false doctrines that I cannot even all quote here. Be sober, be vigilant my dear friends! Rather go study for yourself than to accept false doctrine. For people are still people if they accept Christ or not. Never take a persons word but Gods.