How the Old and New Testament books fit together

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
James 1:1 “James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:” Today all of the Lord’s sheep are scattered in the world the mission of the Lord’s servants is to bring the wandering sheep back to the truth. I teach at an inner city school. There is a reason some call inner city schools “failure factories” and the “prison pipeline”. These kids are exploited by the system. They are like sheep without a shepherd who have gone astray. Count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations This can be very difficult to do. There are teachers that take “mental health” days. One teacher retired saying the job is like a bad marriage, you stay in it for the kids. This entire book will help you find the narrow path that leads to life. Once you are on that path then you can “count it all joy”. You may feel that you can count some it joy, but there are certain things that you definitely cannot count joy. I would ask that you go through the entire book and when we finish chapter 5 tell me then. I suspect that James will be able to show you, like he showed me, how to count it “all” joy.

Attachments

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Phil 1: 3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, 5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; In James we are being tried, enduring these trials requires patience and actually works patience in us, and you cannot have a perfect work without patience. Therefore, we need to count these trials joy. Here we see Paul counting their fellowship in gospel with joy. Paul says God has begun a good work in us and will complete it. In this view these trials we are going through are in fact God doing a good work in us, and they are evidence that God will complete this work in us. James talks about a perfect work, Paul talks about the good work that God will complete in us, Paul also lets us know that this work we are doing is “fellowship in the gospel”. James talks about the work “wanting something” meaning it is incomplete, Paul tells us that these trials are dealing with those things that are wanting and that God will do a complete work so that nothing is wanting. I do not preach the gospel at my school where I teach, but my work is still fellowship in this gospel. The gospel is that Jesus Christ is Lord and that we are ambassadors of the Kingdom of heavens bringing healing to the nations. My job is fellowship, participation in that gospel of bringing healing to the nations under the headship of Jesus Christ.

Attachments

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel, the city where David settled! Add year to year and let your cycle of festivals go on.
Compare this with verse 11. He gives us the scroll and we can’t read it because it is sealed up. Every year they kept the cycle of festivals not realizing that they depicted bigger events that marked the ages. Jesus crucifixion was the true passover. The spirit falling on the disciples was the true Pentecost. At the end of the age we have several festivals and kick this off with the festival of trumpets.

Attachments