How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Then - well - you end up with 'pre-trib'... :D :LOL: :ROFL:

(I could not resist.)
Scripturally I myself can fill that gap very very easily with full comprehension. Can you? By the way accurate and complete scriptural knowledge Has No gaps. It is a complete full Working model.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Because you say so - pride.

don't result in name-calling ok, be mature. Disagreeing with is not the same as adding to the word of God. John chapter 14 if you knew about weddings and the context of Jesus speaking to those who were also Galileans the context is made even clearer with the Parable of the virgins , paul in 1thess 4:13-18 1cor 15 and Matthew 24

CS1

May 23, 2012
That's false.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Candlesticks are churches.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

you and those like have bad habits of saying " that's false. You as others who disagree with you like to attack those with subtle statements like you are some great theologians that can tell one is false. I would love to see any one of you in person instead of the overwhelming boldness one has when you don't see them. You disagree fine, saying we are false, to adding to scripture, or a liar

is really uncalled for and anything you have to say falls on deaf ears.

The Pretrib and Midtrib Rapture are both supported in scripture yet, they are not doctrines that if you disagree with or hold to as being false. Many great men and women of God who hold to the word of God far better that you or I taught the Pre Trib, Mid Trib, and no trib rapture and were far more agreeable to disagree than you and others here.

To much given is much required. So show some humility before you Pop-off " that's false".

IF not place me on "Ignore" as I will you and you can go one being the legend in your own mind.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Your pride blinds you so much that you 'add to God's word and take away from it without any fear/respect.
You worship a idol called pre-trib rapture.
Neither are you willing to humble yourself before the Word so that you can see.

This is why you hate me - because i do not follow men's opinions which are popular and rampant in christianity today.

no, not at all.

I will place you on ignore you clearly are a buffoon.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Paul tied the "rapture" to the resurrection. We should study THAT. Find the resurrection in prophecy
& you'll find the "rapture"
Except... you've not explained why the "2W" are resurrected from the dead at the "6th Trumpet [events] / 2nd Woe," at a time-slot distinct from when all other saints will be resurrected (according to your understanding / viewpoint)... but would rather insist that the wording in Rev20:6[5] is saying, "this is the first time any saints will have been resurrected" (which the text does not convey).

["Blessed is the one having a part in the resurrection the first [adjective]"... same word used regarding Paul being the chief of sinners (clearly not the first-ever sinner of all times)]

CS1

May 23, 2012
Why not?

Is it not just a term to indicate that one believes the rapture timing to be before a 7-year tribulation period?

Where I grew up, everyone was taught pre-trib. And, best I remember, the term 'pretribber' did not bother them a bit - presumedly because they believed it to be the truth and did not mind being associated with it.

I personally don't think of the term itself as being derogatory.

Do you see it as derogatory?

If so - do you know why?

Do you feel the same way about the term 'premillenialist'?

If not - why is it any different?

No pressure. No criticism. No judgment.

Just wondering why you thought that way about it.
Thank you for your question No I have no issue with the word premillennialist which is one who holds to Premillennialism teaching.

it is in the context of how you the term to disagree with those here( not you)

if you say " Pretriber's are false teachers or hold to a false doctrine then, the term "Pretriber" is not a term of endearment, is it? it is not a name that degrees the one who sees the Pretribulation Rapture in scripture. I'm sure you do not do that as I did not see any of your posts as some others here have already resulted in name-calling because one disagrees with them.

Those with pride as they cause others of having did not see where I said Both Pre Trib and Mid trib Rapture are supported by Scripture yet, the Teaching of the "Soon coming of the Lord" known as the doctrine of the imminent coming of the Lord.

AS I said I agree with the Pretribulation Rapture, over Mid Trib, I also said I can be wrong.

Many here who have named called will not ever say such a thing that they too could be wrong, Because Their pride will not let them.
For them to be wrong is too damaging to their self-esteem.
I think it is more important to get the unsaved saved before that day comes.

But that just me :)

CS1

May 23, 2012
Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Was the 'Wrath of God' being poured out on the earth at the time the book of Romans was being written?

Had the Great Tribulation already started by the time the book of Romans was being written?

context context context

And, even where indicated in Revelation...

context context context

You cannot successfully prove that:

'tribulation' = 'Wrath of God'

by arbitrarily assuming that:

'Wrath of God' = 'tribulation'

- you are assigning definition where it does not exist.

tribulation is tribulation

wrath is wrath

Neither in terms of definition - nor in terms of event - do they mix or match.
interesting position do you think?

What some are not seeing is imho, that the earth of God and the great tribulation can happen at the same time. WE see God's wrath in the book of Revelation.

Is the devil opening the scrolls or Christ? Who breaking the seals the devil of God? who is pouring out the bowls and whose trumpets are sounding the devils?

what happens when they are poured, opened, and blown? where is those event happening at? and Who are they happening to?

CS1

May 23, 2012
I don't believe the pre-trib lie either --- but, in all fairness, [I believe] @cv5 was referring to the 'Great Tribulation' - which is a label we apply to what Jesus called 'great tribulation' in Matthew 24:21.
it is not a lie, to you it may be But to many it is promised from the Lord.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Rev 12:5
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up G726 harpazo unto God, and to his throne.
1Th 4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up harpazo G726 together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Right! (y)

And just because a different language uses a different word for it (like, say, in Latin), does not make this to be "an unbiblical concept" :rolleyes:

Aug 2, 2021
David, it is a very serious matter to accuse someone of lying simply because you are unable to interpret Scripture properly, or have been brainwashed. So it is your false accusation that is forbidden by God. Beware of making accusation like this.

The book of Revelation makes it perfectly clear that all through chapters 6 through 18, there is no mention of "church" or "churches" or "the Church". That is extremely significant because the Church is no longer on earth during either the Tribulation or the Great Tribulation. We see the Church in Heaven in chapter 7. This in itself is sufficient evidence that the Rapture occurs before the Tribulation. But at the same time none of the Scriptures related to the Rapture say anything about the Tribulation.

We also see in Revelation 19 that the Marriage of the Lamb takes place BEFORE the Second Coming of Christ. We see all the saints in Heaven at that time. How else did they arrive in Heaven before the Second Coming, unless they were taken to Heaven at the Resurrection/Rapture.

You can believe anything that you wish. But that does not give you the right to call others liars because they reject your false ideas.
You reject Scripture and the word of the Lord = 1 Thess 4

You worship an idol that has blinded your heart to clear Scripture - you will defend the idol and hate your brother.

By this the Holy Spirit distinguishes between Truth and Falsehood - between love and hate.

Aug 2, 2021
no, not at all.

I will place you on ignore you clearly are a buffoon.
If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?

If pre-trib were true you would not be hate me over it.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Except... you've not explained why the "2W" are resurrected from the dead at the "6th Trumpet [events] / 2nd Woe," at a time-slot distinct from when all other saints will be resurrected (according to your understanding / viewpoint)... but would rather insist that the wording in Rev20:6[5] is saying, "this is the first time any saints will have been resurrected" (which the text does not convey).

["Blessed is the one having a part in the resurrection the first [adjective]"... same word used regarding Paul being the chief of sinners (clearly not the first-ever sinner of all times)]
You've mixed a few things up there including a presumption about my understanding.
And you seem desperate to tell me something.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
No Lucy-Pevensie...

Paul tied the "rapture" to the resurrection. We should study THAT. Find the resurrection in prophecy
& you'll find the "rapture" What we shouldn't do is keep obsessing about one item among the many events
& fulfillments that occur during the return of our King.
Our focus should be on him.
2-returns tales prevent that. They keep our focus off Jesus and ourselves.
...since you've ignored the posts explaining that "pre-tribbers" agree Jesus only "RETURNS" ONCE (Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44 and it parallel--"when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal [G347])... so it is you that seems "desperate" to discredit and disparage the "pre-trib" perspective, by completely making up this fable about the pre-trib view saying there's "2-returns".
There aren't, and pre-trib does not say so. (strawman)

Lucy-Pevensie:
You've mixed a few things up there including a presumption about my understanding.
And you seem desperate to tell me something.
The same could be said of you.

That's what I've been posting much about throughout this thread (and related threads)

Aug 2, 2021
No Lucy-Pevensie...

...since you've ignored the posts explaining that "pre-tribbers" agree Jesus only "RETURNS" ONCE (Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44 and it parallel--"when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal [G347])... so it is you that seems "desperate" to discredit and disparage the "pre-trib" perspective, by completely making up this fable about the pre-trib view saying there's "2-returns".
There aren't, and pre-trib does not say so. (strawman)

The same could be said of you.

That's what I've been posting much about throughout this thread (and related threads)
Pre-tribbers on this forum do not agree with you - they believe in Two Returns of the Lord.

And if you are a pre-tribber you cannot believe in One Return of the Lord for He said He was Coming immediately after the tribulation in those days.

Jesus also said that the Resurrection occurs before the rapture and that this Resurrection does not take place until after the 5th Seal is completed.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Pre-tribbers on this forum do not agree with you - they believe in Two Returns of the Lord.
I think you are getting confused.

The pre-trib understanding is that that are two distinct instances of His "PRESENCE / PAROUSIA" that occur at distinct time-slots and distinct locations and pertaining to distinct persons who are involved and which after-effects/outcomes/aftermaths are completely distinct also.

[this is a matter of paying attention to chronology/sequence issues... and grammar issues... and word-definition issues, etc etc... each of which I've notice you fluff off as unimportant superfluous trivia every time I've pointed out such things to you. Do as you wish, DT]

Luke 12:36-37,38,40,42-44 (and its parallel in the Olivet Discourse [Mt24:42-51 section]), "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding"... THEN the meal [G347]!! (i.e. the EARTHLY MK age at its commencing upon His "RETURN" to the earth Rev19)

Aug 2, 2021
I think you are getting confused.

The pre-trib understanding is that that are two distinct instances of His "PRESENCE / PAROUSIA" that occur at distinct time-slots and distinct locations and pertaining to distinct persons who are involved and which after-effects/outcomes/aftermaths are completely distinct also.

[this is a matter of paying attention to chronology/sequence issues... and grammar issues... and word-definition issues, etc etc... each of which I've notice you fluff off as unimportant superfluous trivia every time I've pointed out such things to you. Do as you wish, DT]
that is two returns to this earth - once in the air to snatch away before tribulation and then to come back for a second return to ground level with the Saints - this is 100% clear pre-trib, unbiblical, error.

Aug 20, 2021
Pre-trib rapture is unbiblical because it is not in Scripture - that makes it 'unbiblical'.
This the Latin
Rev 12:5
et peperit filium masculum qui recturus erit omnes gentes in virga ferrea et raptus est filius eius ad Deum et ad thronum eius Is Raptus the right word?

Aug 20, 2021
  1. ecstasy, rapture, transport, exaltation, raptusnoun Looks like in the vulgate they took poetic license
    a state of being carried away by overwhelming emotion
    "listening to sweet music in a perfect rapture"- Charles Dickens

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
that is two returns to this earth
Biblically speaking (which is what we're on about, right?), the word "RETURN" (re: Jesus) speaks ONLY of His RETURN to the earth (i.e. Rev19) and what takes place in such a context:

--Lk12:36-37,38,40,42-44 "when he will RETURN FROM the wedding" (i.e. as an ALREADY-WED "Bridegroom," not "TO BE WED"... THEN the meal [G347] (this fully agrees with the distinction between Rev19:7 [re: the MARRIAGE itself, pertaining SOLELY TO the "Bride/Wife [SINGULAR]"] and the distinct Rev19:9 [re: "the wedding FEAST/SUPPER" pertaining to the INVITED "Guests [PLURAL]" whom He is NOT MARRYING!])... where this Lk passage is parallel to Matt24:42-51 in His Olivet Discourse (NO RAPTURE is being spoken of in Jesus' Olivet Discourse, as that is NOT the Subject Jesus is covering there, AT ALL!);

--Lk19:12,15,17,19 "RETURN"... when He will deal out responsibilities having to do with "have thou authority over ten cities"... and "over five cities"; where also this Lk passage is parallel to the Matt25:14-30 passage in His Olivet Discourse... and ditto what I said above, about that

I see that you have no qualms about changing out words to suit your own view of things (repeatedly).

--Zech14:4 - "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south."