How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2021
Sorry, but "departing" or departure" fits the context of the passage far better than a falling away (from what the KJV did not say.)
YES it does departure from faith/truth

You have been REBUKED by the LORD = REPENT from lying by twisting God's words.

Matt 24:10 = At that time many will fall away(depart) and will betray and hate one another,

1 Timothy 4:1 = Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith

1 John 2:18-19 =Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.

Perhaps it is you who needs to repent. The writer of Hebrews does not tell us what happens to shoe who are NOT eagerly awaiting or looking for His coming. He or she leaves that up to our imagination. For me, I am looking for His coming TODAY!
You said: "He or she leaves that up to our imagination." what falsehood you believe to protect your idol - SHAME

Hebrews 9:28 clearly states "His Second Coming"

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Matt 24:10 = At that time many will fall away(depart) and will betray and hate one another,
For the benefit of the readers,

Matthew 24:10's Greek word for "will fall away" is a different word altogether: "G4624 - skandalisthēsontai [/ skandalizó ]"

Here's how that is translated in the kjv:

King James Bible
"And then shall many be offended [G4624], and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another"

note: I do not see "depart" as one of its definitions (as DavidTree has it in parenthesis)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
It is important, when discussing the TIMING of Paul's rapture, to know where Paul places his rapture and where "the trib" is on a timeline. Revelation gives us a perfect timeline. Most people who say they are "pretrib" cannot accurately show us where these two events are on Revelation's timeline.
Agreed Revelation does indeed present a pre-trib rapture, as a final confirmation of Paul's earlier writings on the matter.

Nov 17, 2017
Hi!

Matthew 24:10's Greek word for "will fall away" is a different word altogether: "G4624 - skandalisthēsontai [/ skandalizó ]"

King James Bible
"And then shall many be offended [G4624], and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another"
I agree....
1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:1 NowG1161 theG3588 SpiritG4151 speakethG3004 expressly,G4490 thatG3754 inG1722 the latterG5306 timesG2540 someG5100 shall departG868 from theG3588 faith,G4102 giving heedG4337 to seducingG4108 spirits,G4151 andG2532 doctrinesG1319 of devils;G1140

G868
ἀφίστημι
aphistēmi
Thayer Definition:
1) to make stand off, cause to withdraw, to remove
1a) to excite to revolt
2) to stand off, to stand aloof
2a) to go away, to depart from anyone
2b) to desert, withdraw from one
2c) to fall away, become faithless
2d) to shun, flee from
2e) to cease to vex one
2f) to withdraw one’s self from, to fall away
2g) to keep one’s self from, absent one’s self from

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The word "apostasia" was also used in phrases saying:

--the "departure" of a fever

--the "departure" of a boat from a dock

(i.e. "spatial / geographical" departures).

Again, it is the CONTEXT that determines just "WHAT KIND" of departure is meant, in any given text.

(and in 2Th2:3 it is "THE departure"--a definite [/particular] one [...and note again what had been posted about the functions of the definite article "the"])
The inference is pretty clear.........the Thessalonians thought that they had missed the rapture. Conjecture yes but a sound one.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Hebrews 9:28 clearly states "His Second Coming"
No. The word "coming" is not in that text... just in your imagination of that text. ;)

Instead, it says, "a second time [one word - G1208 - deuterou] apart from sin WILL APPEAR [G3708 - ophthēsetai ]"

--same word (in the bold - G3708 - passive) used in Acts 9:17 (when Jesus was already ascended and was UP THERE, and Paul was still on the earth ;) ) -

4549 [e]
Saoul
Σαοὺλ
Saul
N-VMS

80 [e]
adelphe
ἀδελφέ ,
Brother
N-VMS

3588 [e]
ho

the
Art-NMS

2962 [e]
Kyrios
Κύριος
Lord
N-NMS

649 [e]
apestalken
ἀπέσταλκέν
has sent
V-RIA-3S

1473 [e]
me
με ,
me
PPro-A1S

2424 [e]
Iēsous
Ἰησοῦς ,
Jesus
N-NMS

3588 [e]
ho

the [One]
Art-NMS

3708 [e]
ophtheis
ὀφθείς
having appeared
V-APP-NMS

4771 [e]
soi
σοι
to you
PPro-D2S

1722 [e]
en
ἐν
on
Prep

3588 [e]

τῇ
the
Art-DFS

3598 [e]
hodō
ὁδῷ
road
N-DFS

[...]

-- https://biblehub.com/acts/9-17.htm

Aug 2, 2021

Matthew 24:10's Greek word for "will fall away" is a different word altogether: "G4624 - skandalisthēsontai "

King James Bible
For the benefit of the Readers do not add or take away from God's words - this is SIN.

For the benefit of the Raders God said "In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established"

For the benefit of the Readers: Four Witnesses Tesitify to a departure from faith/truth.

These Four Witnesses are the LORD Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Apostle Paul and the Apostle John

the LORD - Matthew 24: 10 At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another,

Holy Spirit - 1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith

Apostle Paul - 2 Thessalonians 2:2
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away/departure comes first,

Apostle John - 1 John 2:18-19 - Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.
They went out(departure)from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us.
But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.

Nov 17, 2017
Hi again!
King James Bible

note: I do not see "depart" as one of its definitions (as DavidTree has it in parenthesis)
I do beleive the Greek language is precise...

If the events were the same, I beleive they would of used the same word(s)...not different.

God Bless!!

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Apostle John - 1 John 2:18-19 - Children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. This is how we know it is the last hour.
They went out(departure)from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us.
But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us.
The Greek word for "they went out" is: "G1831" used one time in this verse (1Jn2:19) -

1831 [e]
exēlthan
ἐξῆλθαν ,
they went out
V-AIA-3P

-- https://biblehub.com/interlinear/1_john/2-19.htm [see G1831 used ONE TIME in this verse]

"from ek and erchomai "

[again, not the word "apostasia [G646]" as is used in 2Th2:3...]

Aug 2, 2021
No. The word "coming" is not in that text... just in your imagination of that text.

Instead, it says, "a second time [one word - G1208 - deuterou] apart from sin WILL APPEAR [G3708 - ophthēsetai ]"

--same word (in the bold - G3708 - passive) used in Acts 9:17 (when Jesus was already ascended and was UP THERE, and Paul was still on the earth ;) ) -

4549 [e]
Saoul
Σαοὺλ
Saul
N-VMS

80 [e]
adelphe
ἀδελφέ ,
Brother
N-VMS

3588 [e]
ho

the
Art-NMS

2962 [e]
Kyrios
Κύριος
Lord
N-NMS

649 [e]
apestalken
ἀπέσταλκέν
has sent
V-RIA-3S

1473 [e]
me
με ,
me
PPro-A1S

2424 [e]
Iēsous
Ἰησοῦς ,
Jesus
N-NMS

3588 [e]
ho

the [One]
Art-NMS

3708 [e]
ophtheis
ὀφθείς
having appeared
V-APP-NMS

4771 [e]
soi
σοι
to you
PPro-D2S

1722 [e]
en
ἐν
on
Prep

3588 [e]

τῇ
the
Art-DFS

3598 [e]
hodō
ὁδῷ
road
N-DFS
Mr Twister - stop seeking to deceive - REPENT from following the willful path of error

The LORD appeared to us at His First Coming and HE will appear to us at His Second Coming

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation/JESUS for all people, Titus 2:11

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath HE appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, 2 Timothy 1:9-10

His Second Coming
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.
But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Aug 2, 2021
Hi again!

I do beleive the Greek language is precise...

If the events were the same, I beleive they would of used the same word(s)...not different.

God Bless!!
Believe what God says not what we want to believe.

God uses different words for the same meaning/purpose many times throughout Scripture.

PERFECT example is: His Elect same as His Saints same as His Body same as His Brethren same as Overcomers

unreal the length of unbelief to worship and cling to an idol

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, 2 Timothy 1:9-10
The word you have bolded in verse 10 says this:

10 5319 [e]
10 phanerōtheisan
10 φανερωθεῖσαν
10 having been made manifest
10 V-APP-AFS

1161 [e]
de
δὲ
also
Conj

3568 [e]
nyn
νῦν
now
Adv

1223 [e]
dia
διὰ
by
Prep

3588 [e]
tēs
τῆς
the
Art-GFS

2015 [e]
epiphaneias
ἐπιφανείας
appearing
N-GFS

3588 [e]
tou
τοῦ
of the
Art-GMS

4990 [e]
Sōtēros
Σωτῆρος
Savior
N-GMS

1473 [e]
hēmōn
ἡμῶν ,
of us
PPro-G1P

5547 [e]
Christou
Χριστοῦ
Christ
N-GMS

... again, a completely different Greek word from the one being discussed presently [G3708 (passive "APPEAR") used in Heb9:28 and Acts 9:17, as was shown in another post]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation/JESUS for all people, Titus 2:11
Again, not "G3708" (as is used in Heb9:28 and Acts 9:17) -

Titus 2:11 says,

2014 [e]
11 Epephanē
11 Ἐπεφάνη
11 Has appeared
11 V-AIP-3S

1063 [e]
gar
γὰρ
for
Conj

3588 [e]

the
Art-NFS

5485 [e]
charis
χάρις
grace
N-NFS

3588 [e]
tou
τοῦ
-
Art-GMS

2316 [e]
Theou
Θεοῦ ,
of God
N-GMS

4992 [e]
sōtērios
σωτήριος
bringing salvation
Adj-NFS

3956 [e]
pasin
πᾶσιν
to all
Adj-DMP

444 [e]
anthrōpois
ἀνθρώποις ,
men
N-DMP

-- https://biblehub.com/interlinear/titus/2-11.htm

Do a bit more studying, DavidTree.

Aug 2, 2021
The word you have bolded in verse 10 says this:

10 5319 [e]
10 phanerōtheisan
10 φανερωθεῖσαν
10 having been made manifest
10 V-APP-AFS

1161 [e]
de
δὲ
also
Conj

3568 [e]
nyn
νῦν
now
Adv

1223 [e]
dia
διὰ
by
Prep

3588 [e]
tēs
τῆς
the
Art-GFS

2015 [e]
epiphaneias
ἐπιφανείας
appearing
N-GFS

3588 [e]
tou
τοῦ
of the
Art-GMS

4990 [e]
Sōtēros
Σωτῆρος
Savior
N-GMS

1473 [e]
hēmōn
ἡμῶν ,
of us
PPro-G1P

5547 [e]
Christou
Χριστοῦ
Christ
N-GMS

... again, a completely different Greek word from the one being discussed presently [G3708 (passive "APPEAR") used in Heb9:28 and Acts 9:17, as was shown in another post]
AGAIN - God can use as many different words as HE chooses to say the SAME Truth.

Repent from seeking to deceive by twisting God's words. You are carnal - relying on carnal intellect and have not the Spirit of God for if you did you would not seek to alter/change Scripture for a desired outcome that is not from God.

God knows the languages of the world and they are at His disposal - not for you to establish unbelief/error

enough of the lies - REPENT

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
The LORD appeared to us at His First Coming and HE will appear to us at His Second Coming
Well, the word in Hebrews 9:28 is "G3708 - appear [passive]" ( https://biblehub.com/interlinear/hebrews/9-28.htm ) and out of its "684 occurrences" total OF THAT WORD, 10 times that it is used re: Jesus ("appear [passive]"),
... ALL TEN of those verses are speaking of what took place FOLLOWING His resurrection / ascension (NOT during His earthly ministry BEFORE His death on the Cross). Ponder that deeply.

[Acts 9:17 being one of those 10 verses where this word is used (re: Jesus): " And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared [G3708] unto thee in the way [/road] as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost." (note: it does not necessitate His having RETURNED to the earth)]

Aug 2, 2021
Again, not "G3708" (as is used in Heb9:28 and Acts 9:17) -

Titus 2:11 says,

2014 [e]
11 Epephanē
11 Ἐπεφάνη
11 Has appeared
11 V-AIP-3S

1063 [e]
gar
γὰρ
for
Conj

3588 [e]

the
Art-NFS

5485 [e]
charis
χάρις
grace
N-NFS

3588 [e]
tou
τοῦ
-
Art-GMS

2316 [e]
Theou
Θεοῦ ,
of God
N-GMS

4992 [e]
sōtērios
σωτήριος
bringing salvation
Adj-NFS

3956 [e]
pasin
πᾶσιν
to all
Adj-DMP

444 [e]
anthrōpois
ἀνθρώποις ,
men
N-DMP

-- https://biblehub.com/interlinear/titus/2-11.htm

Do a bit more studying, DavidTree.
REPENT from error of the serpent - "did God really say"

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matt 24:30

When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:4

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 1 Peter 1:7

I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing,

1 Timothy 6:13-14

Nov 17, 2017
Hi!
Believe what God says not what we want to believe.
Word study is a big part..After all the bible is a Mediteranean book......

"God uses different words for the same meaning/purpose many times throughout Scripture. "
I disagree..... The greek is different......

Perfect Example:
John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Our Lord is speaking of one thing.....Peter is speaking another....

know this is by word study......
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Not men....

God bless!!1

Aug 2, 2021
Hi!

Word study is a big part..After all the bible is a Mediteranean book......

"God uses different words for the same meaning/purpose many times throughout Scripture. "
I disagree..... The greek is different......

Perfect Example:
John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

Our Lord is speaking of one thing.....Peter is speaking another....

know this is by word study......
2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Not men....

God bless!!1
this is funny - the people who twist scripture, have no fear of God by adding to and taking away from His words.

You have not established your point.

How is it that you disregard Scripture over twisting of words?

This is how:
Remind them these things, solemnly charging them before God not to quarrel about words, for nothing profitable but to the subversion of those hearing. 2 Timothy 2:14

You seek to quarrel over words so that you may worship an idol -pre-trib rapture - which never came forth from God.

Before the LORD Jesus Christ i admonish and warn you that we all must stand before the LORD and give account for every word spoken and most especially the words we spoke against Christ by twisting His words - to argue for an idol.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Mr Twister - stop seeking to deceive - REPENT from following the willful path of error

For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath HE appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

His Second Coming
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known.
But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.