How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
What happened circa 167 B.C.?

1) Jerusalem was surrounded by armies.
2) Jerusalem was desolated.

What happened circa 70 A.D.

1) Jerusalem was surrounded by armies.
2) Jerusalem was desolated.

The Christians all "got outta Dodge"...
Do you realize that this scenario will not happen again [this way]?

Prophetically speaking, Armageddon is all that is left. And, while #1 from the list above will occur, there will not be a 'see-then-flee' mass exodus from Jerusalem as described in Matthew 24:16-20 / Mark 13:14b-18.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Again, one generation has to not only see the AoD but all the things Christ listed which includes the second coming. That's why your view and any similar view is incorrect no matter how closely past events match the AoD. They all lack a large amount of events that happen in the same timeframe.
Do you realize that the time span of the "all these things" (as you see it) of the Olivet Discourse is ~2000 years long?

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Do you realize that the time span of the "all these things" (as you see it) of the Olivet Discourse is ~2000 years long?

That's false. One generation was to see all the events and not one of the events has yet happened.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Prophetically speaking, Armageddon is all that is left. And, while #1 from the list above will occur, there will not be a 'see-then-flee' mass exodus from Jerusalem as described in Matthew 24:16-20 / Mark 13:14b-18.
Matthew 24:15-20 / Mark 13:14-18 / Luke 21:20-23a are all talking about the same exact thing at the same exact time - the same exact series of events.

GaryA

Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us

I said this in the context of the 'scenario' that I was referring to regarding Jerusalem.

I did not mean that this was the only 'prophetic' thing left to happen.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
You mean you don't believe that any part of Matthew 24:6-8 / Mark 13:7-8 / Luke 21:9-11a have occurred yet?
Was I not clear? The entire Olivet Discourse and all of it's events are still yet to occur.

A good bit of it has already occurred - over the past ~2000 years.
No, none has.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

He didn't say, "this generation shall not pass, till SOME OF these things be done."

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
You mean you don't believe that any part of Matthew 24:6-8 / Mark 13:7-8 / Luke 21:9-11a have occurred yet?
Matt. 24:4-6 is about 70 AD and has come to pass. Verses 7-14 is about the Church Age and is about to end via the Rapture, so its all pretty much come to pass and when verse 14 comes to fruition in full, the time of the Gentiles will have come full.

Verses 15-31 are all during the 70th week.

Read Zechariah 13:8-9, we see 3-5 million Jews who repent, they then Flee Judea as we see Matt. 24:15-17 happens during the 70th week. The LAST SIGN out of all the 2000 years worth of signs, is the Sun and Moon dimming just before Jesus' Second Coming (3.5 years of God's Wrath).

Nov 23, 2021
That last '[RAPTURE]' is incorrect.

The order is:

1) Resurrection
2) "the change"
3) Rapture

'shall be changed' is about "the change"; it is not about the Rapture.

All three happen together as one 'major' event - but, in three parts.
Spiittin hairs ( but agreed )I suppose you could break it down further in the unsaveds jaw-dropping moment when the all the families of the earth mourn when they see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Nov 23, 2021
Spiittin hairs ( but agreed )I suppose you could break it down further in the unsaveds jaw-dropping moment when the all the families of the earth mourn when they see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
And the event he is quoting is the Pre Trib Rapture, it amazes me at how scripturally unlearned "some Christians" are. The passage is VERY CLEAR. The Dead in Christ ARISE [First].....(although I think this is just used by Paul to ENCOURAGE those in Theeolinika who were worried their loved ones wouldn't be Raptured with them)......and then those of us who are alive and remain will be CHANGED (Meaning we lose our corrupted flesh and go to heave as Spirit Men).

So, it's like me and my wife walking in a Store at the SAME TIME, if my foot goes into the store I went in FIRST I guess, but technically we went in holding hands at the exact same time. Paul is just EMPHASIZING that their loved ones are not going to be left in the grave, so he, "AS A PASTOR" reassures them, these were not "THUS SAITH THE LORD" Letters, these were Pastoral letters to a Congregation his job was to ASSURE THEM, their loved ones would be taken to heaven and not left in the graves.

LOOK, LOOK, LOOK, Paul said this, well its Letters to a Congregation, it's not THUS SAITH THE LORD. It amazes me via te people who can not grasp te difference.

Jul 23, 2018
Matt. 24:4-6 is about 70 AD and has come to pass. Verses 7-14 is about the Church Age and is about to end via the Rapture, so its all pretty much come to pass and when verse 14 comes to fruition in full, the time of the Gentiles will have come full.

Verses 15-31 are all during the 70th week.

Read Zechariah 13:8-9, we see 3-5 million Jews who repent, they then Flee Judea as we see Matt. 24:15-17 happens during the 70th week. The LAST SIGN out of all the 2000 years worth of signs, is the Sun and Moon dimming just before Jesus' Second Coming (3.5 years of God's Wrath).
Jesus reveals 2 "comings" in mat 24

Aug 2, 2021
Jesus reveals 2 "comings" in mat 24
His First Coming is Today for Thanksgiving - Happy Thanksgiving Brother

Thank You LORD Jesus Christ for dying on the Cross for us - YOU saved us - YOU First Loved us - we Thank You LORD

Jul 23, 2018
Yes they will see billions of horses blackening the sky with saints riding them from heaven after being in heaven at the marriage supper.
Having been raptured pretrib.

Jul 23, 2018
And the event he is quoting is the Pre Trib Rapture, it amazes me at how scripturally unlearned "some Christians" are. The passage is VERY CLEAR. The Dead in Christ ARISE [First].....(although I think this is just used by Paul to ENCOURAGE those in Theeolinika who were worried their loved ones wouldn't be Raptured with them)......and then those of us who are alive and remain will be CHANGED (Meaning we lose our corrupted flesh and go to heave as Spirit Men).

So, it's like me and my wife walking in a Store at the SAME TIME, if my foot goes into the store I went in FIRST I guess, but technically we went in holding hands at the exact same time. Paul is just EMPHASIZING that their loved ones are not going to be left in the grave, so he, "AS A PASTOR" reassures them, these were not "THUS SAITH THE LORD" Letters, these were Pastoral letters to a Congregation his job was to ASSURE THEM, their loved ones would be taken to heaven and not left in the graves.

LOOK, LOOK, LOOK, Paul said this, well its Letters to a Congregation, it's not THUS SAITH THE LORD. It amazes me via te people who can not grasp te difference.
It is the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul.

It is the word of God

Not paul