How the Pre-Trib Rapture Became Popular in the Modern Church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Yes
Jesus framed it preflood....pretrib.

Onetaken/ left
Preflood
Pretrib
Watch and be ready.

Pretrib rapture
I'm not really seeing that in those verses.

Seems to me it is talking about his second coming being the end, not a rapture that will occur before that time.

Watch and be ready seems to apply to all the verses that are stated prior in the chapter.

Seems to me that the instruction to watch and be ready means that we need to be prepared to withstand all of those things and endure unto the end.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Time to cast off into the vast expanse of the nether-night. Come away, my children.

Aug 2, 2021
Time to cast off into the vast expanse of the nether-night. Come away, my children.
This is strictly for - 'If you were a hippie'

The theme song for a pre-tribr would be by KANSAS, Carry on Wayward Son

The theme song for a post-tribr would be by BlueOysterCult, Don't Fear the Reaper

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
NOPE - only for the wicked.

NO surprise to Noah.

If it is a surprise for any 'christian' maybe they won't make it = SEE = Matt 25:1-13
NOPE - only for the wicked.

NO surprise to Noah.

If it is a surprise for any 'christian' maybe they won't make it = SEE = Matt 25:1-13
The "oil" in the lamps represent the Holy Spirit, 5 had their lamps full when the announcement was made the Bridegroom was coming, 5 had no "oil" in their lamps. In other words, the Holy Spirit was no longer present.

It was to late for the "oil" now, they had lost His presence.

I will now open a whole new argument with you, David! The 5 who had no "oil" had lost the indwelling Holy Spirit, lost their salvation, they were "foolish" in that they let the faith slip away and were not ready!

Aug 2, 2021
The "oil" in the lamps represent the Holy Spirit, 5 had their lamps full when the announcement was made the Bridegroom was coming, 5 had no "oil" in their lamps. In other words, the Holy Spirit was no longer present.

It was to late for the "oil" now, they had lost His presence.

I will now open a whole new argument with you, David! The 5 who had no "oil" had lost the indwelling Holy Spirit, lost their salvation, they were "foolish" in that they let the faith slip away and were not ready!
Now here is a Parable that i understand fully except for the 5 foolish -
Were they once saved and fell away, as you said: 'lost their salvation' ???
OR
Were they never saved, but were attached to christianity but not to Christ???

Aug 2, 2021
REVISED VERSION

This is strictly for - 'If you were a hippie'

The theme song for a pre-tribr would be by KANSAS, Carry on Wayward Son

The theme song for a post-tribr would be by BlueOysterCult, Don't Fear the Reaper

The theme song for people who do not believe in Heaven or Hell is Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
Now here is a Parable that i understand fully except for the 5 foolish -
Were they once saved and fell away, as you said: 'lost their salvation' ???
OR
Were they never saved, but were attached to christianity but not to Christ???
The mere fact that Christ refers to them as "virgins" is proof that they were His!

But as we see, 5 virgins, that did belong to Him, now have no "oil."

In other words, no indwelling Holy Spirit, which equals no salvation!

Aug 2, 2021
The mere fact that Christ refers to them as "virgins" is proof that they were His!

But as we see, 5 virgins, that did belong to Him, now have no "oil."

In other words, no indwelling Holy Spirit, which equals no salvation!
Yeah, you would think that be the case for sure.............but, maybe there is a Scripture that gives us a clue - YES/NO?

What do you think?

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
Yeah, you would think that be the case for sure.............but, maybe there is a Scripture that gives us a clue - YES/NO?

What do you think?
Go ahead and show it to me so I can shoot it down! I feel like some sharp shooting this afternoon!

Nov 17, 2017
Hi
QUOTE="Laura798, post: 4719637, member: 298095"]If Santa comes and drops off presents and eats his cookies he stills only came one time no matter what he did while he was there.[/QUOTE]

The problem with your theory is
1 "Santa" : Told my kids if you see a white dude in the house, dressed in red , chanting, ho ho ho, he is robbing us.

2 When harpazo happens and it will, what are you going to do about it?
No thing.
Children of obedience, in this dispensation of grace, have no control. Not a choice of those who are His, He calls, we go....

H A L L E L U Y A H.....

Aug 2, 2021
Go ahead and show it to me so I can shoot it down! I feel like some sharp shooting this afternoon!
Where in Scripture would we find the literal description of the 5 foolish virgins be IF they were never truly saved

Charlie24

Oct 31, 2021
Where in Scripture would we find the literal description of the 5 foolish virgins be IF they were never truly saved
They all were called virgins, why do you divide what the Lord has combined?

This is how you weasel your way to an untruth for the sake of your presumed belief that one cannot lose their salvation!

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Re tead it
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Jesus said to watch for the "one taken"...."at his coming"
All the examples of" taken / left"
Are peacetime and normal life.

So it is not the second coming on horses nor is it an imaginary "taken to a bad place".

Further, they are all comrades.
Working, fellowshipping and in the same bed (in one example)
So you dont know that Christ Words and prophecy can also be found in the OT? Research and you will see im correct.

iTheophilus

Oct 28, 2021
it says in Matthew 24" one taken the other left, therefore watch and be ready for you know not when the son of man cometh" so yes ,it is without any doubt, and vividly portrayed as the pre-trib rapture
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It'll be a repeat of Noah's days …
Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

To understand the New Testament, I suppose we need to know some Old Testament material. So who was getting married and who was giving in marriage?
Genesis 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, [2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The daughters of Adam were taken as brides by God's sons, the fallen angels. The fallen angels' marriages with Adam's descendants were so widespread that only one family, Noah's, remained unaffected—but Noah was "perfect" in his generations, according to Genesis 6:9; in other words, he had a pure, uncorrupted lineage. The rest had intermarried with angels, resulting in giants. ….and as we all know, God sent Noah's flood to cleanse the earth of these giants and preserve a pure strain of humanity uncontaminated by the fallen angels.

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Again, who is being taken away? Those who KNOW NOT, those partaking in the marrying and giving in marriage.

Marriage with whom? ….With the fallen angels that are cast to the earth with Satan (the antichris). Only this time, it' will be a spiritual marriage.

These are the same angels mentioned in Genesis 6 that we just read about.
Rev. 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

There is another "flood" coming; only this flood is a flood of lies spewed forth by Satan himself to deceive the whole world.
Rev. 12:15-16 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. (16) And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Aug 2, 2021
They all were called virgins, why do you divide what the Lord has combined?

This is how you weasel your way to an untruth for the sake of your presumed belief that one cannot lose their salvation!
PERFECT - this demonstrates the dilemma you are in with 'pre-trib'

#1 My thoughts were conveyed to you, in fact, that i am not certain on the two possible outcomes as pertaining to the Five Foolish.

#2 My thoughts again were conveyed as to how we could approach this = from Scripture.

#3 i never made a definitive statement on either position

#4 i agree, that the word usage "virgin" would seemingly say to us 'saved/salvation

#5 What you do not know is that i lean towards your ascertation (#4) and previously strongly held that position - strongly

#6 Since it is a Parable, i cannot definitively say they were once saved and 'lost their salvation'

#7 i opened up to you that there is a Scripture(s) that could give us clarity on the Five Foolish - either way.

Aug 2, 2021
Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It'll be a repeat of Noah's days …
Matthew 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

To understand the New Testament, I suppose we need to know some Old Testament material. So who was getting married and who was giving in marriage?
Genesis 6:1-2 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, [2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

The daughters of Adam were taken as brides by God's sons, the fallen angels. The fallen angels' marriages with Adam's descendants were so widespread that only one family, Noah's, remained unaffected—but Noah was "perfect" in his generations, according to Genesis 6:9; in other words, he had a pure, uncorrupted lineage. The rest had intermarried with angels, resulting in giants. ….and as we all know, God sent Noah's flood to cleanse the earth of these giants and preserve a pure strain of humanity uncontaminated by the fallen angels.

Matthew 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Again, who is being taken away? Those who KNOW NOT, those partaking in the marrying and giving in marriage.

Marriage with whom? ….With the fallen angels that are cast to the earth with Satan (the antichris). Only this time, it' will be a spiritual marriage.

These are the same angels mentioned in Genesis 6 that we just read about.
Rev. 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

There is another "flood" coming; only this flood is a flood of lies spewed forth by Satan himself to deceive the whole world.
Rev. 12:15-16 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. (16) And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
You gave away too much here and may make some heads exlode.

Keep the secret things of the LORD special to those who know or who truly want to know.

And YES, it is all about who we are giving our hand to in marriage........Beauty and the Beast or Bride and the Bridegroom