How to be Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Actually, He was. He still is. He is also speaking to you. His Word is His message to us. That is why we should read and study it daily.
How we approach the bible is everything. Some approach it as if every veres is to them. My point is that it is not. Now every verse is for them/us So when Jesus is speaking to the diciples/ Jews / Israel/ it is to them but it also is for us . People mess up on the 'to ' and' for ' and instead miss the importance of the ' to '. So in every instance we should ask " who is it to " first , when is it , . The who ,what when, why and where questions . Most of the error in Christendom are coming from this problem. So yes Jesus tells the diciples to beware of the pharisees ect . So we understand THAT imediate context . Then we consider how that is FOR us in our context.

Jan 31, 2021
If you are willing to accept that eternal life for Israel is given in the future, then what the Naomi and Jesus is saying there, is actually the same thing.
I am willing to accept that the Bible uses "eternal life" for a future reality, which is eternity, and the fact that eternal life is a tangible gift given when a person believes. John 5:24 says so. The present tense is used, not future.

The gospel Paul preached came straight out of the OT. That was his testimony.

The point is that those who have been given the gift of eternal life know they will be with God in eternity.

Jan 12, 2019
I am willing to accept that the Bible uses "eternal life" for a future reality, which is eternity, and the fact that eternal life is a tangible gift given when a person believes. John 5:24 says so. The present tense is used, not future.

The gospel Paul preached came straight out of the OT. That was his testimony.

The point is that those who have been given the gift of eternal life know they will be with God in eternity.
If you think Jesus is using the present tense there, why then does Paul said what he said in Romans 11:25-27, and why did Peter told Israel Acts 3:19-21, and 1 Peter 1:9?

Both of them used the future tense when it comes to when Israel's sins will be forgiven.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
What He does for one, He will do for another, He is the ultimate in everything. What He did then for others, He will do for you and I. Any problem in not appropriating His blessing is never on His end, He has told us plainly.
He instructs us top love the Lord thy God with all your heart, all your soul. and all your mind, and love your neighbor as yourself. These two commands encompass the whole of the law, according to Jesus.
Jesus was very clear in John 16 as He gave the parting instructions to the 12 that when Holy Spirit comes, and that was on the day of Pentecost, He would guide us in ALL truth, the devil always attempts toe steal this truth, and we end up with hundreds of pages of posts, Jesus made it easy, just three lines. ALL means ALL.

So many of these posts start with, "I", "my", etc. as long as we are focused on "our" anything we are not representing Him , He was, is, and will be focused on others as He modeled for us to live.
blessings

Mar 16, 2021
It is crucial that a person understands that it is the Holy Spirit who immerses us into the body of Christ and this has nothing to do with water . This can confuse the whole issue. It especially confuses new believers if they are taught water is needed for salvation. Even if its couched as ' first sign of obedience ' or somehow associated ( and or necessary) with receiving the Holy Spirit.
Scripture gives us examples and it is those examples that illustrate the intention of baptism. Christ himself was baptized - in water. Baptism in the testament was always immersion IN WATER. I struggle mightily why folks are so against participating in water immersion baptism when every example in scripture shows this is what baptism means. I really wonder if there is a heart issue.

E

eternally-gratefull

Scripture gives us examples and it is those examples that illustrate the intention of baptism. Christ himself was baptized - in water. Baptism in the testament was always immersion IN WATER. I struggle mightily why folks are so against participating in water immersion baptism when every example in scripture shows this is what baptism means. I really wonder if there is a heart issue.
No one is against water baptism

we are against baptismal regeneration by means of water baptism as apprised to baptismal regeneration by the HS

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
All of us...

Matthew
16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
16:7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, [It is] because we have taken no bread.
16:8 [Which] when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
16:9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
16:10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake [it] not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
16:12 Then understood they how that he bade [them] not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
The Messiah speaks to the world....and as Job says...though man may not perceive it.....
John 18,,,,
19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.
20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.
21 Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.
22 And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so?
23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I have no issue with being dunked in water . Full immersion. But it has nothing to do with getting saved . At all .

Jul 23, 2018
The needs to be a slight clarification of all the posts I have read.
I like almost all the posting.

But I would add that we are born INTO FAMILY. We become family. We become the adopted into the heavenly family as sons and daughters.
This dynamic is the good news.
We are so much set apart from this world. Our home is now heaven. We switched from a devil father to a heavenly father.

The other clarification is MANS DILEMMA.
The great dilemma.
Holy God <> sinful man.

Jesus is said to be SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

No "plan b". The remedy always existed. Man need only step into it or receive it.
Is it free ?
Sorta.
It is both free and if accepted entirely will cost you everything.

That is how the used to come into the kingdom

They came in through the radical gospel.

The modern gospel is more liberal. We are the corinthians. We can ride the fence. Surrender part so we can be in "just getting by till heaven" land.
Not a hint of radicalness.

The modern gospel is a man centered gospel
It is centered in me. I am the hub and everything around me is a spoke.
The gospel is but one spoke in MY wheel.

My money is mine, my family mine, my life mine, my image is precious, as is my reputation

None of that is in the original message.

We were supposed to be baptized into the death of the flesh.
Nope.
The modern gospel makes tons of provision for the flesh.

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
Oh my gosh...so much time and energy is spent arguing..my poor head....
as the Lord said if you hear you belong....it’s the spiritual hearing

just a little example...if you give a little 2 year old boy a stone and tell him wait 5 minutes it will turn into a truck....the child will wait...cause he believes and he trusts...try telling that to a grown up....they will lock you in the mad house...
yet...such is faith...the marvellous wisdom Of God...because it is so simple ...people fail to find...therefore did the Messiah say...unless you become as a child you shall not enter the Kingdom...
the Light....the eternal light

Jul 23, 2018
The needs to be a slight clarification of all the posts I have read.
I like almost all the posting.

But I would add that we are born INTO FAMILY. We become family. We become the adopted into the heavenly family as sons and daughters.
This dynamic is the good news.
We are so much set apart from this world. Our home is now heaven. We switched from a devil father to a heavenly father.

The other clarification is MANS DILEMMA.
The great dilemma.
Holy God <> sinful man.

Jesus is said to be SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

No "plan b". The remedy always existed. Man need only step into it or receive it.
Is it free ?
Sorta.
It is both free and if accepted entirely will cost you everything.

That is how the used to come into the kingdom

They came in through the radical gospel.

The modern gospel is more liberal. We are the corinthians. We can ride the fence. Surrender part so we can be in "just getting by till heaven" land.
Not a hint of radicalness.

The modern gospel is a man centered gospel
It is centered in me. I am the hub and everything around me is a spoke.
The gospel is but one spoke in MY wheel.

My money is mine, my family mine, my life mine, my image is precious, as is my reputation

None of that is in the original message.

We were supposed to be baptized into the death of the flesh.
Nope.
The modern gospel makes tons of provision for the flesh

Jul 23, 2018
Oh my gosh...so much time and energy is spent arguing..my poor head....
as the Lord said if you hear you belong....it’s the spiritual hearing

just a little example...if you give a little 2 year old boy a stone and tell him wait 5 minutes it will turn into a truck....the child will wait...cause he believes and he trusts...try telling that to a grown up....they will lock you in the mad house...
yet...such is faith...the marvellous wisdom Of God...because it is so simple ...people fail to find...therefore did the Messiah say...unless you become as a child you shall not enter the Kingdom...
the Light....the eternal light
Oyster invited each persons perception

So we all see it slightly different

You in fact gave one piece of the puzzle

And a very good one

A very valuable one.

Your input was a marvelous one.

Jul 23, 2018
I have no issue with being dunked in water . Full immersion. But it has nothing to do with getting saved . At all .
Yes it is after salvation.

As in buying a car you usually Fill it up AFTER purchase.

You can skip it if you like.

If you like struggling with a no brainer.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes it is after salvation.

As in buying a car you usually Fill it up AFTER purchase.

You can skip it if you like.

If you like struggling with a no brainer.
Nonsense . Paul never said to get dunked to be a super Christian.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
You have to go back to some churches today to get back under the law.
when we accept Christ and make Him Lord of our lives we will love him with all our heart, soul and main and love our neighbor as our self, it is no longer an act to make ourselves right with Him, Jesus paid it all on the cross, from now on we seek His direction personally, as He freely gives, always has, always will. At this late stage we should all be past looking at the Book, it should be in our hearts.
best wishes

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
an outward sign for those who need it, and perhaps for that time, from Ephesians on is pretty much where we are today, in these last of the last days.