How to be Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
Well, it's obvious that many people think that being born again is based on our behavior. Interesting.

If your idea of salvation is based on your behavior, you aren't saved.

Salvation is based solely on the work of Christ, who paid the sin debt in full. And promises eternal life to those who trust Him for it.

The obedience/behavior part FOLLOWS salvation and being born again.

All believers were chosen/elected to service. Eph 1:4 That's obedience and behavior. That's not salvation.

E

eternally-gratefull

In John 3, Jesus said one must be born again. He also told us how, through faith

Peter in 1 Peter 1. Says we were redeemed by the incorruptible blood of Christ

we said to be adopted, the price of that adoption again was paid in full by Christ.

it is the blood that saves us, as a fathers blood flows through a child’s veins, so,to Christ blood flows through us.

not the question I think needs to be asked

who of their own free will or power and unbirth themselves from their father or mother?

Naomi123

Mar 18, 2021
Faith is believing that God exists...and trusting that all that the Messiah commanded is accepted as the Sovereign Word of God....in accordance with the Law as was delivered to Moses

belief requires an act of faith....

if I invite you to my house to see a treasure...and you reject the invitation....it is impossible for you to know what the treasure is....neither will you know the way to the house ....
therefore one cannot describe the palace of a King if they have never been there...neither can they know the path if they never walked it....

we learn from those who walked..and we walk with them....the Kings palace does not move

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
Both belief and faith are nouns. They are the same thing.
You are not reading with understanding
I'm reading just fine, ma'am.

But thanks for your concern. Anyone can check the internet and see the fact that I stated.

If you don't own a Greek lexicon they can be accessed for free online.

E

eternally-gratefull

Faith is believing that God exists...and trusting that all that the Messiah commanded is accepted as the Sovereign Word of God....in accordance with the Law as was delivered to Moses

belief requires an act of faith....

if I invite you to my house to see a treasure...and you reject the invitation....it is impossible for you to know what the treasure is....neither will you know the way to the house ....
therefore one cannot describe the palace of a King if they have never been there...neither can they know the path if they never walked it....

we learn from those who walked..and we walk with them....the Kings palace does not move
True faith acts. It’s not a question of if.

abraham believed and god saved him. His works followed, for years after, but that had nothing to do with his salvation

Jan 12, 2019
First, scholarly texts (called lexicons) TELL US that the word "believe" and "have" are in the present tense. Do you have some knowledge beyond what Greek scholars have?

Second, Rom 11:25-27 is a prophecy about the Second Coming when Jesus Christ crushes the enemy at the battle of Armageddon.

Third, the Acts 3 passage is a vaguely worded gospel message to the Jews.

And fourth, the adverb "receiving the outcome of your faith" is a present participle.

Because Rom 11 is a prophecy and 1 Pet 1:9 isn't future tense.
If, as Romans 11 goes, Israel the nation sins are not forgiven now, do the people belonging to that nation have present salvation?

Jan 31, 2021
If, as Romans 11 goes, Israel the nation sins are not forgiven now, do the people belonging to that nation have present salvation?
Paul was clear about Israel and forgiveness.

v.20 - Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.
v.23 - And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

v.26 refers to Christ's Second Advent, when He returns and destroys Israel's enemies

26 and in this wayall Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

This isn't about soul salvation, but the deliverance of the nation from their enemies.

Jan 12, 2019
Paul was clear about Israel and forgiveness.

v.20 - Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but tremble.
v.23 - And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

v.26 refers to Christ's Second Advent, when He returns and destroys Israel's enemies

26 and in this wayall Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

This isn't about soul salvation, but the deliverance of the nation from their enemies.
Did you purposely leave out vs 27, that stated his return will also lead to Israel sins to be forgiven by God?

Jul 23, 2018
Could you show anywhere where Paul taught this . You have 13 epistles to find it ?
You are one of the few that minimize the words of Jesus.

Improperly reframing Gods word to suit the teaching from Greens letters and les feldick .

I already showed you that Jesus paul, peter, and john all preached the same gospel

Salvation through Jesus alone.

Same EXACT GOSPEL.

And remember it was I that showed you paul preached the gospel of the kingdom in the last chapter of acts.

Furthermore paul said that if anyone preach a DIFFERENT GOSPEL than the one he preached ...let him be accursed.

So you paulines have Jesus preaching another gospel..correct?

The bible with that different gospel from Jesus is accursed....correct?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Improperly reframing Gods word to suit the teaching from Greens letters and les feldick .

I already showed you that Jesus paul, peter, and john all preached the same gospel

Same EXACT GOSPEL.

And remember it was I that showed you paul preached the gospel of the kingdom in the last chapter of acts.

Furthermore paul said that if anyone preach a DIFFERENT GOSPEL than the one he preached ...let him be accursed.

So no verse then?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Same EXACT GOSPEL.

Green letters ? and whos les feldick?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Same EXACT GOSPEL.

I thought we were talking about Baptism and How Paul never teaches baptism as a super power enabler.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Same EXACT GOSPEL.

2 thes
2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning ( Beginning as in the beginning of when Paul's Gospel was preached to them ) chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

'Our Gospel '= sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth ( The vehicle) The Holy spirit is not given until Acts 2 .