How to be Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Why in the world do you think you have to keep repeating things to me which I have never contested or even hinted at and told you so previously??? You sound like a broken record that refuses to really hear what I am saying.
Because every now and then a little wee bit of Reformed thinking leaks out .. Subtle . Just saying 😉

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Because every now and then a little wee bit of Reformed thinking leaks out .. Subtle . Just saying 😉
No, you just don't like and refuse to accept that God revealed Himself to me in ways He has not for you.

I speak of God's grace and you jump to something else in your one track mind and falsely accuse me.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Matt 1 is before the cross . Which is a handy verse for a calvinist . But the focus is Israel ( He came to his own ) Now read
1 John 2:2

“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
Thats the Elect !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Why do you say they can't believe, because they can't please God ? Which verse SAYS this?
They cant please God. Faith/Believing pleases God. 1 Jn 3:21-23

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
The first line ( which is scripture) in your statement above literally refutes the rest of what you say ' God is pleased to save them that believe. ' This shuts down everything you say after it .
God is pleased to save them that believe. That just cant be the unregenerate since they cant believe because they cant please God. Also their mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
They cant please God. Faith/Believing pleases God. 1 Jn 3:21-23

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
Nothing there that SAYS people cannot believe the Gospel . Keep trying .I'm literally looking for the verse that literally says this . Otherwise why would you believe it ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
God is pleased to save them that believe. That just cant be the unregenerate since they cant believe because they cant please God. Also their mind is enmity against God Rom 8:7-8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Syllogism.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
No, you just don't like and refuse to accept that God revealed Himself to me in ways He has not for you.

I speak of God's grace and you jump to something else in your one track mind and falsely accuse me.
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
The word Elect is not there ? Why don't you believe this scripture ? Is it not clear ? Why do you prefer what the bible doesn't say over what the bible actually says ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Why don't you accept the challenge i gave . Ask me what I believe and I ll show you the verse where it SAYS the very thing i believe. Then we will compare it to the verses you have that SAY what you believe . Isn't this a fair standard?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Nothing there that SAYS people cannot believe the Gospel . Keep trying .I'm literally looking for the verse that literally says this . Otherwise why would you believe it ?
They that are in the flesh cannot please God, believing on the Son pleases God !

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
The word Elect is not there ? Why don't you believe this scripture ? Is it not clear ? Why do you prefer what the bible doesn't say over what the bible actually says ?
That belongs to the Elect.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Why don't you accept the challenge i gave . Ask me what I believe and I ll show you the verse where it SAYS the very thing i believe. Then we will compare it to the verses you have that SAY what you believe . Isn't this a fair standard?
I already know you believe error friend, you deceived ! You can show me as many verses as you like, you dont believe them or understand them.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I already know you believe error friend, you deceived ! You can show me as many verses as you like, you dont believe them or understand them.
Would it not be fair to demonstrate my error from scripture?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
No I'm asking for what the bible says ,not what it doesn't say . Your entire theology ( Calvinism) is based on what is not said. Catholics do this " the bible doesn't say we can't pray to Mary ' this is not the best approach .