How to be Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
There you go again; ignoring John 6:45. The Bible says that "God has taught everyone". Not "some" or "many" or a "few".

And I've given the PROOF that faith precedes regeneration from Eph 2;5 and 8.

Were you not able to read and/or understand?
One is Born again to be taught.
So provide any verse that says this. But I know there aren't any such verses.

So you just like to make up stuff.

The natural man doesnt receive the things of God. 1 Cor 2:14
How about considering the entire context in ch 2? Would that be possible?

6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

So it's clear that Paul is speaking of advanced doctrines.

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

So Paul further defines "a message of wisdom" as "deep things of God", proving that these are advanced doctrines.

We know from Scripture that some believers aren't even ready for advanced, or "deep" doctrines.

1 Cor 3-
1 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ.
2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.
3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans?

So 1 Cor 2:14 teaches that the natural man cannot understand deep doctrines.

And, also apparently yourself.

Jan 31, 2021
No, very clear and sensible.

throughfaith said:
"Back to John 6 . Go back a few verses to 39 ( let's try focus on the chapter in question, this is usually tricky for some Christians to do ) 39
“That every one which SEETH the Son...raise HIM up at the last day”

I believe this verse means what it says, do you ?"

Then you left out your own retort to TF's question.

You said "I don't need to", meaning you don't need to believe John 6:39.

So I said this:
"Well, of course you don't need to. Those who aren't interested in truth think that way."

Those who aren't interested in truth don't think they need to believe verses that refute their views.

Jan 31, 2021
FreeGrace2 said:
Not a word about "spiritual ability" in either verse. But again, you don't "need to" have verses that mean what they say.
Man cant come to Christ, Jn 6:44,65
Can you not read what I posted above? Neither verse says what you keep claiming.

And your persistent ignoring of v.45 says everything about your level of honesty. It's the listeners and learners who will come to Christ. But that is an inconvenient truth for you, huh. Because it refutes your claims.

Jan 31, 2021
Only in your imagination. In fact Jn 12:32 ensures all for whom Crist died believes in Him. Thats the Power of the Cross.
"all for whom Christ died". OK, lets go with that.

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

So, who is "the Righteous" in v.18?
Who is "the unrighteous" in v.18?

Please answer.

Jan 31, 2021
Yes The natural man cant be taught Spiritual things 1 Cor 2:12-14
Doesn't say that, if you would actually include the whole context.

btw, John 6:45 refutes your claim about who can't be taught by God. It says everyone is. So you are essentially rejecting Scripture.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yet neither verse says anything close to your claims.
All he needs is buzz words and just like one of those KJB spies he's activated when he hears " drawn , chosen , elect , ordained , predestined. The word triggers the Calvinist who has been programmed every time he sees them . Then the doctrine of such and such is brought forward in the mind . It doesn't matter where it is in the bible, it doesn't matter what the context is ,he only sees the trigger words , the programme fills in the rest .

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Prove this by citing th post #'s where you supposedly explained what you think "refused" means, and the post where I supposedly ignored that post.

You keep failing to prove anything you claim.

Your claims are empty. There is no point in discussion with such people.
Im not proving anything, if you want to know please get to reading, you should have paid attention.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
"all for whom Christ died". OK, lets go with that.

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

So, who is "the Righteous" in v.18?
Who is "the unrighteous" in v.18?

Please answer.
Thats what Im going with,, all for whom Christ died, the Elect

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Everything has to revolve around Augustines T .. the U.LI.P is just a consequence of the T . All verses are searched out ,the formula was made and its all based on that T . Thats the blindness .
TULIP is the Gospel, you have been deceived friend.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
TULIP is the Gospel, you have been deceived friend.
No Spurgeon it is not . 1 cor 15 .1-4 is the Gospel. Which verse says TULIP is the Gospel ? Haven't you noticed the pattern yet . Every time i quote what the bible literally says you go to your system to refute what the bible says . This is consistent. Watch :

1 John 2:2
“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”

Right, what does it say? how clear is this . This is what I believe. No qualifiers, No ' but ts ' no " but the Greek..." No " But it REALLY means ,No " but because I believe this thing over here ,that can't mean ...."

Notice . No verse says regeneration precedes faith.
No verse says 'irresistible grace '. No verse says a eternal decree of reprobation, No verse says the atonement was limited.
No scripture says man cannot believe the Gospel . Not one single part of calvinism that differs from Christianity has a verse that literally says the claim s it makes. How is this even possible? How has this slipped through the net ? I believe what I believe because the bible says what I believe..Literally SAYS it . You however have bought into a paradigm that has no verses the SAY what you believe. Wakey wakey !!

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
No Spurgeon it is not . 1 cor 15 .1-4 is the Gospel. Which verse says TULIP is the Gospel ? Haven't you noticed the pattern yet . Every time i quote what the bible literally says you go to your system to refute what the bible says . This is consistent. Watch :

1 John 2:2
“And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”

Right, what does it say? how clear is this . This is what I believe. No qualifiers, No ' but ts ' no " but the Greek..." No " But it REALLY means ,No " but because I believe this thing over here ,that can't mean ...."

Notice . No verse says regeneration precedes faith.
No verse says 'irresistible grace '. No verse says a eternal decree of reprobation, No verse says the atonement was limited.
No scripture says man cannot believe the Gospel . Not one single part of calvinism that differs from Christianity has a verse that literally says the claim s it makes. How is this even possible? How has this slipped through the net ? I believe what I believe because the bible says what I believe..Literally SAYS it . You however have bought into a paradigm that has no verses the SAY what you believe. Wakey wakey !!
Yes it is, the devil deceives people into thinking its not.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes it is, the devil deceives people into thinking its not.
Yes there's a verse that says Satan blinds people s minds . Which also refutes what you believe . Why blind ,already blind people ? Whats the point. If they are etenally a reprobate why bother blinding them if they are born blind? Why speak in Parables ? Isn't this the equivalent of whispering around deaf people ? and like using sign language around blind people?

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
Yes there's a verse that says Satan blinds people s minds . Which also refutes what you believe . Why blind ,already blind people ? Whats the point. If they are etenally a reprobate why bother blinding them if they are born blind? Why speak in Parables ? Isn't this the equivalent of whispering around deaf people ? and like using sign language around blind people?
Yep, folk who dont believe the Truths of Tulip are Gospel Doctrines, the devil has blinded there minds. They flip off the Doctrines in the guise of saying they originate from man, when they are represented in the scripture.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yep, folk who dont believe the Truths of Tulip are Gospel Doctrines, the devil has blinded there minds. They flip off the Doctrines in the guise of saying they originate from man, when they are represented in the scripture.
I'm Just a bible alone guy. That's it . Thats what separates you and I.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
We must choose to respond to God's gracious offer of salvation...

John
3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

brightfame52

Nov 21, 2020
If you can show where the bible SAYS what you believe then we will know there is some truth in Calvinism.
I have shown you enough, you are deceived friend. Only God can show you Truth, its up to Him

Jan 31, 2021
All he needs is buzz words and just like one of those KJB spies he's activated when he hears " drawn , chosen , elect , ordained , predestined. The word triggers the Calvinist who has been programmed every time he sees them . Then the doctrine of such and such is brought forward in the mind . It doesn't matter where it is in the bible, it doesn't matter what the context is ,he only sees the trigger words , the programme fills in the rest .
He really nailed his "thought process" when he admitted that he "didn't need to believe" the verse you quoted to him.