How to Deal with Anger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." --James 1:19-20

We read in God's Word that God does not want us to become angry, but sometimes it just feels like a reflex. Wouldn't you agree? It seems like there is nothing we can do about this wild emotion rising up in us.

It builds in us and we either explode or stuff it down in our heart somewhere. If you think you have successfully stuffed it away, you're wrong! Your anger takes a toll on your face and in your body. It's like trying to hold back a tidal wave. You will either explode uncontrollably later or become bitter or resentful.

So what can you do to deal with anger?
  • Refuse to become angry by forgiving immediately and taking personal responsibility for your part in the situation
  • Quickly switch your focus from anger to problem resolution
  • Express your anger through exercise and art often

Lord, We confess our sinfulness and unrighteous anger to You. Please help us to become angry less and deal with the anger inside of us in healthy ways. Thank You that You are willing and able to do all things. In Christ's Name, Amen.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Great post.
I recently had to deal with anger in my heart. I prayed and pleaded with God to take it away from me and whilst I was praying I saw a vision of myself holding something up in the air in my hands and then I saw what looked like a mighty dove swooped down and snatched it out of my hands like an eagle to its prey. At first I struggled to believe that God had helped me but as I believed God has given me strength to overcome anger, my wife has even praised God that she's noticed I'm much more calmer in situations. I praise God for His work and pray that He continually keeps me and teaches me His ways! :)

Oct 31, 2011
From the time I was six months old, I have been in families who didn't want me and always let me know they didn't, often telling me it was all my fault because of who I am. It makes for a lot of the kind of thinking that is not from God, both about myself and others. It took a lot of searching to learn how to manage all this and follow Christ. I love hearing from you how you have learned to manage! I think Christ gives each of us personal help with it.

Here are some of the things I have learned. If we let our minds rehearse what people have done wrong, we are actually judging what is only God's place to judge. It is God's place to take care of it, not ours. Our place is only to wish them well and help them all we can.

When we have to suffer because of the wrongs done us, it is not from God that we suffer, if God's way was chosen by everyone, we would have abundance. Not gold lined swimming pools and Lamborghini kind of abundance, but true complete abundance. If we study how God wanted the Hebrews to live when Joshua led them to the promised land, you will see what I mean.

We are given a wonderful scripture to use for our enemies to bring out anything of God in them. Num 6:24 The LORD bless you and keep you;
Num 6:25 the LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
Num 6:26 the LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

J

J-Kay-2

This is wonderful topic I can actually share with all and know you will understand.
I had an issue about 3 weeks ago and shared it with my daughter. She wrote back
and said.... It is not all about you !! ( the situation ). She said, people do not think
of you as much as you think they do. Wham !!! I thought I had been slapped in the
face.

As I stood at my kitchen sink preparing dinner, I wanted to cry. I wanted to call
a friend or write someone and say... look how awful my daughter talked to me. I
I focused on those words.... It is not all about you..... I realized by way of the
Holy Spirit, she was telling me truth. Normally I would be upset and angry and
probably write about it.

The words in Scripture tells us, A friend tells us the truth, the enemy flatters.
So God was working inside me and saying..... 'she is right.' The topic at hand
was not about me. There was someone else involved. And, how many times
I have heard those words about "people don't think of us as often as we think
they do." Wow.... Thank You Lord.

Anger? You can bet your bottom dollar I would have been angry. But....God....
Isn't He awesome? I am so relieved He worked that out in me. I think I am
growing up people ..... Yep, 69 yrs. old and maturing !!! Only God can do this.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
breno785au;bt7377 said:
Great post.
I recently had to deal with anger in my heart. I prayed and pleaded with God to take it away from me and whilst I was praying I saw a vision of myself holding something up in the air in my hands and then I saw what looked like a mighty dove swooped down and snatched it out of my hands like an eagle to its prey. At first I struggled to believe that God had helped me but as I believed God has given me strength to overcome anger, my wife has even praised God that she's noticed I'm much more calmer in situations. I praise God for His work and pray that He continually keeps me and teaches me His ways! :)
Wow what an amazing testimony! Thanks for sharing.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
RedTent;bt7380 said:
From the time I was six months old, I have been in families who didn't want me and always let me know they didn't, often telling me it was all my fault because of who I am. It makes for a lot of the kind of thinking that is not from God, both about myself and others. It took a lot of searching to learn how to manage all this and follow Christ. I love hearing from you how you have learned to manage! I think Christ gives each of us personal help with it.

Here are some of the things I have learned. If we let our minds rehearse what people have done wrong, we are actually judging what is only God's place to judge. It is God's place to take care of it, not ours. Our place is only to wish them well and help them all we can.

When we have to suffer because of the wrongs done us, it is not from God that we suffer, if God's way was chosen by everyone, we would have abundance. Not gold lined swimming pools and Lamborghini kind of abundance, but true complete abundance. If we study how God wanted the Hebrews to live when Joshua led them to the promised land, you will see what I mean.

We are given a wonderful scripture to use for our enemies to bring out anything of God in them. Num 6:24 The LORD bless you and keep you;
Num 6:25 the LORD make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you;
Num 6:26 the LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
I'm sorry to hear about the pain you've gone through. It does seem that God uses our painful past to help others. Your attitude really glorifies God. God bless!

J

J-Kay-2

I thought same thing about RedTent. She is amazing.
I would love to sit and converse with her. I wish I could
reach in and give her a big, big, hug.
The topic ANGER is #1 situation even the secular world
is talking about lately. ~ J~ K~2