How to deal with self doubt about your faith?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Not saying it is not.
But being anxious is not a sin.
Was not Jesus anxious in Gethsemane?
I did ask you that.

Yes or no?

Jesus does not say He was anxious in Gethsemane. He was suffering the weight of the sin of the world, which He knew He would have to bear.
 
What I believe has no bearing on you whatsoever. It seems to me that you are now getting defensive because you know you should not be anxious, but you are.

What does you anxiety look like and feel like? Do you act out in odd ways? Are you not able to sleep? What is a "generalized" anxiety disorder? You're just a nervous person for no reason? It makes no sense at all. You are worry about something.
Not getting defensive at all.

And that is point of GAD.
IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL BUT THERE IS A CAUSE.

what does anxiety look like and feel like you ask.

You tell me you have suffered it .
 
Jesus does not say He was anxious in Gethsemane. He was suffering the weight of the sin of the world, which He knew He would have to bear.
Didn't say he said that, I asked if he suffered that.
Do you think sweats of blood are normal?
 
Not getting defensive at all.

And that is point of GAD.
IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL BUT THERE IS A CAUSE.

what does anxiety look like and feel like you ask.

You tell me you have suffered it .

I never said I suffered from anxiety. I said the Lord put me through a difficult trial to learn to trust Him.

I have no idea what anxiety looks and feels like in a general sense.. especially when you have been anxious for 30 years.
 
Didn't say he said that, I asked if he suffered that.
Do you think sweats of blood are normal?

I think that facing bearing the weight of the sin of the world and ultimately being separated from His Father would cause Him to sweat blood. I don't think God-incarnate is capable of being anxious.
 
I never said I suffered from anxiety. I said the Lord put me through a difficult trial to learn to trust Him.

I have no idea what anxiety looks and feels like in a general sense.. especially when you have been anxious for 30 years.

In my experience, being anxious, afraid or worried is all basically the same thing. It amounts to not trusting God in your situation. I've been there enough times to know. :)The Lord put me through an extremely difficult and painful trial that basically forced me to trust Him. Now I am on the other side of it and it's light night and day.

In your experience, being anxious.
Is that different from anxiety?
 
In your experience, being anxious.
Is that different from anxiety?

Now you're just messing with me.

Look, I'm sorry you can't figure out what you are anxious about. I still believe and will always believe that if you really want to know what you are worried about and open yourself to hearing the answer, that God will reveal it to you.
 
Now you're just messing with me.

Look, I'm sorry you can't figure out what you are anxious about. I still believe and will always believe that if you really want to know what you are worried about and open yourself to hearing the answer, that God will reveal it to you.
I don't mess with anyone.

Firstly asked you to figure what my GAD is about.
Secondly my point was valid.

You said in my experience, being anxious.
Yet you said I above never suffered from anxiety.

Is there a difference between being anxious and having anxiety?

Pray do tell.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1ofthem
I think that facing bearing the weight of the sin of the world and ultimately being separated from His Father would cause Him to sweat blood. I don't think God-incarnate is capable of being anxious.
People do not sweat blood if they are not anxious.

If Jesus was not capable of being anxious then he would not be able to help people who are as he would not be able to identify.

He bought you through a period of being anxious.
If Jesus could not experience then he was not fully human either.
 
Now you're just messing with me.

Look, I'm sorry you can't figure out what you are anxious about. I still believe and will always believe that if you really want to know what you are worried about and open yourself to hearing the answer, that God will reveal it to you.
The tec neq of brain storming can help.But let me throw out some ideas. Diet maybe the cause a chemical imbalance .food that dedicated to idols movies watched & people we r listening 2.Maybe u compromise with sin now & that can cause stress.U know 2 put god first in all things.Fasting can help with bad food,count the cost.Get bigger ears.Some of us r bad guys.So get the eye of the dove.Ask god and keep asking
 
I will now exit left of the stage through the door.

Father bless you all.

Always remember God loves you as much as he loves Jesus
 
I don't mess with anyone.

Firstly asked you to figure what my GAD is about.
Secondly my point was valid.

You said in my experience, being anxious.
Yet you said I above never suffered from anxiety.

Is there a difference between being anxious and having anxiety?

Pray do tell.

Right I said being anxious, afraid or worried is all the same thing. It means I am not trusting God.

No, there is no difference.
 
Jesus does not say He was anxious in Gethsemane. He was suffering the weight of the sin of the world, which He knew He would have to bear.
The text does not say that, either.

Matthew 26:36-46 Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” 37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. 38 Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” 39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” 40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.” 42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.” 43 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. 45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!

Luke 22:39-46 Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. 40 On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” 41 He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” 43 An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him. 44 And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground. 45 When he rose from prayer and went back to the disciples, he found them asleep, exhausted from sorrow. 46 “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. “Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.”

Mark 14:32-42 They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, “Sit here while I pray.” 33 He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. 34 “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death,” he said to them. “Stay here and keep watch.” 35 Going a little farther, he fell to the ground and prayed that if possible the hour might pass from him. 36 “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.” 37 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Simon,” he said to Peter, “are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour? 38 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.” 39 Once more he went away and prayed the same thing. 40 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. They did not know what to say to him. 41 Returning the third time, he said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Enough! The hour has come. Look, the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. 42 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”
 
I will now exit left of the stage through the door.

Father bless you all.

Always remember God loves you as much as he loves Jesus
I think it wise to, to leave this thread rather than let it be hijacked.

Maybe a thread about GAD in the healing forum would help those sincerely interested in the discussion.
 
I will now exit left of the stage through the door.

Father bless you all.

Always remember God loves you as much as he loves Jesus
I think it wise to, to leave this thread rather than let it be hijacked.

Maybe a thread about GAD in the healing forum would help those sincerely interested in the discussion.
Yet, who diagnosed such a thing? The world?
Do you have GAD?
 
I think it wise to, to leave this thread rather than let it be hijacked.

Maybe a thread about GAD in the healing forum would help those sincerely interested in the discussion.

Do you have GAD?

I don't believe in disorders any more than I believe in addictions. Are we not children of the KING? It's as if people who claim Him completely deny His power.
 
How do you know you have faith in Jesus? This is a question that has often bothered me. I understand the Bible speaks on the importance of believing on Jesus. Does the Bible tell us how we know we believe?

In my own life I can see my faith in Christ. I’m not sure how I should respond when I have self doubt about the genuineness of my faith.
Yes, the Bible does tell us how we know we have faith. You will be able to Please God. Hebrews 11:6

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

You Must seek the Lord Diligently
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1ofthem