How to Fight? Surrender :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jullianna
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

Guest
We all have struggles. We all have weaknesses. We all have issues to be dealt with. Mine is PTSD. Something a lot of people deal with for various reasons.

I've always been a scrapper. Feisty. Bold. Yet...somehow quiet in spirit. Odd combo, I know. But some of us wouldn't know "normal" if it punched us in the face.

Being a scrapper and my understanding of some of the scriptures like "fight the good fight", etc. led me to believe that I had to rage against the thing. I've been so wrong. I've been doing it wrong. That's why I've kept falling on my face.

God did not call me to rage against anything. He called me to stand. To believe. To trust. To rest. To wait. To wait on HIM, not myself. Not to FIGHT, but to surrender. Not to the thoughts that seek to damage me, but to His still small voice...if I will stop floundering and listen. And let Him do what He does best - healing love.