How to gain weight?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Right now I have been maintaining weight around 103lb. That is what it was at when I went to the doctor last. I think my BMI is within the normal range but on the low end. I feel good about how I look. I may like to get up to 110 to 115.

Faith-n-Christ

May 12, 2016
Hi CherieR,

I glanced at your profile. I did not see and age. And your last post did not suggest a medical condition being a cause. However not knowing your medical history, or labs, the best advice is talk to your doctor or nurse. They know your history and a proper diet.

Traditionally to gain weight you eat healthy protein and grains. Healthy fats like coconut oil, olive oil, avocados ECT... But again please speak with your PCP. They would know better what's going on. Also if you are not into traditional MDs find an alternative medicine doctor.

Have a blessed day!!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Build some muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Not sure if that's cheating or not though. ;)
Yes. Work out and eat like a horse. Worked for me when I was young and skinny.

Aug 2, 2009
She hasn't posted in here since July, and she said she's in the normal weight range now.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Eating sugars, will just cause you to produce excess insulin, and that's stored as fat.

Try eating fatty meat and lifting heavy.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah, I need to gain weight too. Considering a junk food diet. :)
I have a hermit that lives near me in the national forest....he literally lives in a way that would kill most, eats things that would kill most and the way he gets ready for winter is to consumes massive amounts of calories by drinking cases and cases of soft drinks to gain fat to burn in winter....I took him a few cats because he is solitary and figured he would like the company.....a few months later I went to check on him and I noticed the cats were gone....I was like...where are your cats man.....and with a very blank stare while looking at his fire he said, "You know.......I threw one on the fire and it started smelling like it came out of a gourmet restaurant."

That was the last time I went over there....been a few years.........crazy.....

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I have a hermit that lives near me in the national forest....he literally lives in a way that would kill most, eats things that would kill most and the way he gets ready for winter is to consumes massive amounts of calories by drinking cases and cases of soft drinks to gain fat to burn in winter....I took him a few cats because he is solitary and figured he would like the company.....a few months later I went to check on him and I noticed the cats were gone....I was like...where are your cats man.....and with a very blank stare while looking at his fire he said, "You know.......I threw one on the fire and it started smelling like it came out of a gourmet restaurant."

That was the last time I went over there....been a few years.........crazy.....
Oh my gosh! I'm glad he didn't throw you on the fire! Yikes! :eek:

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
There are special shakes that come in powders specially made for that

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Rice and chicken lol. If you want to avoid getting a ton of fat i recommend working out. There are probably tons of options but i know of two: calisthenics and weight lifting. Calisthenics is using body weight instead of like dumbbells. I would try both and choose which one you like most since it can affect how well you stick to it BUT either way it's going to be hard. It's gonna hurt, it's going to take time, you're going to fail at times, and it's going to take some money. If you also want to be athletic or just like flipping around like an idiot I recommend calisthenics, you basically train like a ninja, or like the guy that plays green arrow from the CW. Anyway if you want to gain weight you need a good diet. Some people just eat like 20 Mcdoubles a day ( exaggeration please don't do this) and get muscle but also gain a lot of fat, then they lose weight it can be cheaper theoretically but it takes longer and is kinda dumb so i would recommend doing it the slow and slightly more expensive way: eating actual food lol. Atm i eat like 2-3 eggs in the morning with 2 servings of oatmeal, for lunch ramen noodles cuz they're cheap, then i drink a protein shake with whey protien powder and peanut butter, milk, some vitamin powder and hopefully yogurt and a banana. For dinner rice and chicken maybe broccoli too. I suggest a meal plan because it's easier to keep up rather then winging it constantly but you should still mix it up every now and then. Also try to get around the 1 gram of protein per pound, no more is needed it's useless at that point. Make sure you get enough calories too, you can use the internet to calculate how much you need. Get a solid workout plan with minimal cardio if any, make sure you work put each area of your body unless you want hulks arms with toothpicks for legs. You can also look up work out plans on YouTube. Always try to progress in some way so you never get used to what you're doing and push yourself. The most important part is probably consistency though, you need to do this for a long time, you're looking at probably a minimum of six months. If you stop or skip workouts you'll ruin your gains and waste time. You should only need to workout 3 times a week, i do on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and the last two i can do whatever. Expect to be sore, but honestly for skinny people the hardest part tends to be eating believe it or not. Most skinny people don't get enough calories and or protein so they don't gain weight, since you're used to not eating enough it can be hard to constantly eat when sometimes you won't want to. The protein shakes are supposed to make you feel full or something so i struggled with those a lot at first. Also since you will be eating more you should watch junk food, for me i ate candy ( sweets are bae) a lot but now that i eat enough for my body, adding 500 calories from sugar or fat is not good at all. In theory you could end up just getting fatter. Luckily i work enough so that i can still be fat and fit at the same time hehe. Anyway hope this helps. You can gain a maximum of half a pound a week, supposedly, so it will take time. I think skinny guys are the exception because i gained like 3 pounds my first week, that could be from muscle memory or just because something else but idk. I don't gain that much regularly though my gains have been much less since then but some people have said skinny guys can gain more weight because they are so skinny, we'll just say they have untapped potential because I'm not sure how that works.

M

Mrsmom

Come to my house, ill show you how to gain 10 pounds in a month lol