How to overcome porn

  • Thread starter Thread starter L06ad
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Never try to stay alone be in a company. Read Bible more pray more as you go closer to God this porn will have no authority over you.

Get involved with missionary work to keep your focus on Jesus and the believers.

Lord i pray please break this chain of porn and set lo6ad free, in Jesus powerful name, Amen!
 
Never try to stay alone be in a company. Read Bible more pray more as you go closer to God this porn will have no authority over you.

Get involved with missionary work to keep your focus on Jesus and the believers.

Lord i pray please break this chain of porn and set lo6ad free, in Jesus powerful name, Amen!
Those are good "stop-gaps", but our goal needs to be to let God change the way we relate (in our thinking) to women. And we have to come to realize that this is done through understanding who we have become because of Him, and living with that "rest" in our hearts.

Many of these suggestions from all sorts of sources will keep us from giving in to porn,,,, all the way till we die. But that is not what God has made of our new lives to subject ourselves to. This is little more than the barbaric punishment of cutting off a thief's hands..... sure he has no hands to steal with, but his heart is not changed because of now having two stumps where his hands used to be.
 
I think it is a matter of the heart my heart and my perspective has to change in order to be completely free from this. I need to pray and read God's word. I will gain God's perspective and then never look back
 
A little of both I'm afraid I've been struggling with porn on and off for three years now
 
I was free of it for 4 months once but that's when I didn't have access to the Internet
 
I don't really feel like I'm free until I can say no even when it's available
 
Hi LO6ad. Is your title of your thread a statement? or a question?

It was a question you gotta be more sensitive to some people's chronic fear of punctuation it's a serious thing man

I struggle with porn mostly when I am too tired to excessive or do anything else what do I do

Well, you already know that it's when you're tired. Go to sleep.

If you feel that urge, you've got to think about why porn is not good for you, and how God disapproves of it. That works to keep me good anyway, for a few things. While others are correct in saying that immersing yourself in God's word and allowing Him to change your heart is necessary, you also might have to reason your way through until the urge is weaker as well. Pull out all the stops.
 
A little of both I'm afraid I've been struggling with porn on and off for three years now
I understand, perhaps if you can let people know, if its a ! or a ? than people may comment more, Best thing and advice I can give, is to give this problem to God, he knows your struggles, also knows how you feel about the situation. God said that in the last days sex will be an increasing problem, and will start to control the week minds, You just have to be strong willed minded, and when you get that urge to want to look, it is at that time, you give it to God, and turn away from it, and think of something else in that place. and keep doing that till one day, you will learn to over come it all, with God's help,
 
OK I'll do that God's bigger than this problem if he can shed his blood for me I can give up porn for him God is bigger than this problem
 
OK I'll do that God's bigger than this problem if he can shed his blood for me I can give up porn for him God is bigger than this problem
Exaclty, the devil will tell you different othewise. and dont give the devil an inch of thought or let your thought be different, he is the biggest liar, and will twist and tempt the weak in God. Dont give him that option. God is the powerful one, and thru him, you can do all things, God bless
 
OK I sent my last reply before I got your latest one and this is all I have to say and then I'm done. The reason I didn't do a search on the gazillion threads on this subject was because I am new to this forum and didn't know I could do that until ugly replied to my thread after that I was able to figure it out and honestly if you are weary of people posting about this brother don't reply to threads on this subject find one that encourages you
It just sounds like you wanted to hear something easy on the ears and it sounds like you are not to concerned about it.
So what I mean is when something is bad enough you will truly seek in order to find.
 
OK I'll do that God's bigger than this problem if he can shed his blood for me I can give up porn for him God is bigger than this problem
Perhaps we can take this a bit farther?
If Jesus shed His blood for you, then what does that say about you? About the value He places on you? Does it not say that God values you as much or more than the life of His son?

Now, what do you do with valuable things? Do you expose them to just any old thing? Do you let others control how they will be used? Or do you also value them as much as their creator says they are worth? Protecting them from damage and deterioration? Making sure they are only handled with the utmost care?

Well you are the most valuable thing God has. Are you taking care of His valued treasure as it should be taken care of?

What you have just read are some of the basic premises that book I said to buy, Eyes of Honor, operates from in getting you to begin to see just who you really are, and how you should be respected... by you. Getting that book was far more than just a casual suggestion of something that might be interesting reading for you. I truly consider this THE ONLY book I have read that really DOES have the answer to this specific problem spelled out in a way that works.
 
Honestly I've already moved on from what was said i thank willie t for his constructive posts and it's time to move on now I wasn't looking for something easy on the ears i was simply saying if someone is annoyed with talking about porn or tired of it don't go on threads that pertain to that there plenty of other threads you can reply on I thank everyone for their replies and I Understand that everyone has a opinion I'm going to take the advice and constructive criticism I've got from this discussion and do my absolute best to never fall into the porn trap again God bless every one of you whether you agree with my comments or not I really hope God moves in your life in a mighty way