D
DarlinNadia
Guest
This is only meant to be helpful. It is not the ONLY way to pray, some follow the ACTS Prayer (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication). I studied A Simple Pattern for Powerful Daily Prayer by Dr. Gregory R. Frizzell in a Bible Study group and here is a breakdown of what I learned.
PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE
PRAYER FOR PERSONAL PETITION
PRAYER OF INTERCESSION - PRAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE
BE STILL, MEDITATION, ASSESSMENT
I hope this helps you if you have had trouble in your prayer life or even if you are simply looking to enrich your relationship with God.
Some will say this is FAR too long, but if you had a significant other, you'd want to spend this much time with them every day.
PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING
- Give thanks for Past, Present, and Future Blessings.
- Praise God for who He is (use his Characteristics and his Names)
- Freely Worship and Adore God
- Approach God with Fear; a sense of AWE, Praise, and Reverence!
- Use this time to Cherish your relationship with God
- Father, I ask you to fill me with a passion to know you with all my heart (Matthew 22:37)
- Lord teach me to view prayers as the Heart of our relationship (Luke 11:1)
- Please Enable me to hear your voice and Pray in the center of your will (1 John 5:14-15)
- JOY- Lord, I believe you to fill me with a supernatural joy that is unspeakable and full of Glory (1 Peter 1:8)
- Show me how I fail to rejoice and give praise at all time (Phil 4:4)
- ALL in the BELOVED name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE
- Ask God to Search your Thoughts, Attitudes, Speech, and Relationships, your Sins of Commission, Sins of Transgressions, or Sins of Omission in all areas of your life, relationships, thoughts, speech, and actions.
- Carefully examine your Speech
- Confess, Forsake, and FULLY Repent from sins of thought, word, and deed.
- Ask God to for Strength and to be filled with the Holy Spirit to guide you.
- Lord Jesus, help me make our relationship the Greatest Priority of my life. Help me not put my activities or ministries ahead of my relationship with you. May I never get so busy "for" you that I neglect making time "with" you (Luke 10:38)
- PEACE - Lord, I trust you to fill me with YOUR perfect peace that passes understanding and Guards my heart and MIND (Phil 4:6-8)
- Show me how I am choosing to worry and fret instead of trusting you.
- In the Name and Authority of Jesus Christ my Savior, Amen!
PRAYER FOR PERSONAL PETITION
- Pray for the development of Character and Holiness (specific fruits of the Holy Spirit and Beatitudes)
- Pray for your personal ministry and service to God (be specific in prayers)
- Pray for Physical, Emotional, Financial, and Spiritual Needs
- Pray for strengthened spirituality
- Heavenly Father, teach me that I can do nothing apart from you. Fill me with the desire to tarry(stay) long in your presence. Help me pray and abide close that Christ may live His life through me (John 15:1-8)
- Quicken my mind that every thought is held Captive to Christ (2 Cor 10:5)
- LONGSUFFERING- Lord, I believe you to fill me with the powerful ability to wait on you and calmly endure hardships. Please reveal to me in what way I am impatient or complaining.
- In the Name and Authority of Jesus Christ, Amen!
PRAYER OF INTERCESSION - PRAY FOR OTHER PEOPLE
- Pray for the needs of family and friends
- Pray for the LOST and Backslidden
- Pray for your Pastor and Church and Body of Christ
- Pray for Specific prayers for others
- Pray for Missionaries and Mission Efforts (wrist band prayers)
- Pray for Revival, Spiritual, Awakening, Growth, and Protection
- Pray for Worldly Leaders
- Father, I ask you to fill me with a passion to know you with all my heart (Matthew 22:37)
- Search me, Oh God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me and lead me in the way everlasting (Psalm 139:23-24)
- TEMPERANCE- Lord, please fill me with the self-control and discipline. Please Show me how I have been undisciplined, careless, or have shown poor indulgence in areas of my life.
- In the name of Jesus Christ my Lord, Amen!
BE STILL, MEDITATION, ASSESSMENT
- Reflect on your scriptural reading you've done. Ponder Key Points. Ask God for any needed clarification
- Reflect on things that moved you during prayer time
- Re-Read the same scripture, memorize verses, understand key points
- Write in a prayer Journal. if you feel hopeless - look back through your journal and recognize answered prayers.
- End your Time with God in thanksgiving for God's presence and Blessings. Thank God for his love and Grace.
- God, help me be thorough in letting you "search"All categories of my life. Create in me a burning hunger for Righteousness (Matthew 5:6)
- Cause me to pursue holiness through Christ who lives within my heart (Hebrew 12:14)
- FAITH - Lord, I trust you to fill me with the powerful mountain=moving faith. Fill me with Steadfastness. Lord, Show me how I have doubted you
- IN the Name of Jesus Christ my Loving and Living God, Amen!
I hope this helps you if you have had trouble in your prayer life or even if you are simply looking to enrich your relationship with God.
Some will say this is FAR too long, but if you had a significant other, you'd want to spend this much time with them every day.