How to reach those at work

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2021
I'm new to CC, I'm a chaplain at work and having a hard time reaching to those at work who are so into the world. Any suggestions?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I'm new to CC, I'm a chaplain at work and having a hard time reaching to those at work who are so into the world. Any suggestions?
First, let your work ethics bring God glory. Second, keep an eye out for those you see struggling with life's circumstances.
Third, when you work with someone then occasionally include your faith in the conversation.
Fourth, be wise and diligently listening to ask good questions that probe into things of the Word. Jesus was good at asking questions to cause people to think.

Sometimes it is best to just get them thinking about the logic or reasons behind what they believe with good questions. It may help them realize, their beliefs are not all that solid. If you can shake the foundation, they may continue the conversation more in detail at that moment or later.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Preach the gospel? one by one,family by family,Start with your chapel.kinsfolk by kinsfolk.

Mar 4, 2020
Welcome.

Is your capacity a resident chaplain? If yes, then people are aware. As someone who preaches the Gospel I am in close proximity to others who are preaching the Gospel. So I notice various styles and various tactics.

I'm a purist so I try to present the Gospel with as few distractions as possible. The idea is that even though it will attract fewer people, it will attract people who are singularly seeking the Gospel.

Other groups have a lot of fun activities. People are much more attracted to fun activities and things that are decidedly not the Gospel. We see this at churches a lot who have a lot of extra incentives. They do much better compared to churches with fewer activities.

Depends on your style. You should try to keep it interesting and engaging.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
read some books by Timothy Keller who started this church in NYC reaching the urban working population of young professionals...it seems this church has many programs and opportunities for working people to learn more about faith and how to apply it in their professional lives. Things like seminars and retreats as well as different ministires according to what profession people are, eg theres different groups for artists, writers, financiers, doctors, lawyers, etc.

Some workplaces have prayer time or weekly bible studies. Usually held in lunchtimes.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"We are living in a world that has lost their cultural integrity, and it will worsen.
Less and less shall be grounded in God's work that needs done, here in the now.
And, but a few shall endure to the end. These things must be accepted from a society
that has lost their spiritual equilibrium, and to know these things have been told of...to be."

enact - Copy - Copy (23) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg

Nov 23, 2021
I'm new to CC, I'm a chaplain at work and having a hard time reaching to those at work who are so into the world. Any suggestions? >>>>>>>>>>You don’t have to reach them . It is not on you to do so. That is the work of the Holy Spirit . He is the one who convinces the world of sin , righteousness and judgement. He is the one who leads and guides into all truth and He is the one who Exalts Jesus Christ. It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit they need . You have access to the Christ who died for them with boldness by His precious blood. Every request in Him is Yea and Amen . How much more will the Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him. Let God be God . You take the exceeding great and precious promises such as the above one to bring the ministry of the Holy Spirit into their lives. You commit them to God body, soul and spirit. His blood speaks better things than that of Abel on their behalf. You plead that Blood on their blinded minds , you ask for the effectual drawing of the Spirit . This is the confidence we have in Him that if we ask anything in His name He hears and if we know that He hears us we know that we have the petitions we desired of him. If you can talk someone into something someone else can talk them out of it . Learn the Joy of Intercession it will bring you into the Presence of the Lord more often and he will direct your steps giving you divine appointments according to his will .. Advice ? "Let God be God. "

Nov 23, 2021
Another tip. From my experience just coming out and proclaiming the gospel is going to bring a critical spirit your way. The gospel is not everything in the Bible because the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them because they are foolishness to Him. God’s message for the unbeliever is the Gospel as described 1 Corithians 15 v 1-4 The preaching of the Cross as described in in 1 Corinthians not with wisdom of words lest the cross of Christ be made of none effect. When you understand the power behind the message to the unbeliever there will be plenty of opportunities to make mention of the Jesus , the cross , the resurrecton without getting into a big drawn out conversation The idea being that one plants one waters and God gives the increase. As workers together with Him as praying for the ministry of the Holy Spirit upon them and us..He is faithful . As in the last few verses of Isaiah 55 as the rain and snow come down from heaven and water the earth and make it spring forth and bud . So shall my Word be which goes forth out of my mouth it shall not return to me void. God gives the increase. The power of God is behind the gospel. As described in Ephesians 1:15-23 Not a weak message but one that was intended by The Lord to be shared with all who did believe, The Apostles said they were “witnesses of His resurrection” The message of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the gospel. Not something which no man can know prior to reconciliation when they receive the ability to understand , eternal spiritual things. Until then it’s the gospel your prayers. Also …herein is my father glorified that you bear much fruit. Manifesting Christ and the divine life He gives is an important factor. God works in our lives over a lifetime , I saw both parents and my 4 sibs come to the Lord. Over 25 years for my dad , on his death bed but bringing the Holy Spirits ministry into someones life by simply Ask and ye shall Receive. Is definately Life and that more abundantly. How much more shall your Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him. ?

Nov 23, 2021
My sister did a stint as a chaplain for a fire department. The ministry was mostly prayer. Ministry flows from your relationship with Jesus. His yoke is easy and His burden light.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I often tell people I would like to see them in Heaven. At later times off of work, they will ask me questions and after years of answering their question using common sense and the Bible they come to Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.