How to save California ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would you live in california ?

• Total voters

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
My only experience there was seeing the Atlas F misiles in their silos with th metal skiins sagging from sitting so long...would you believe?

By the way I volunteered for count insurgence with the stipulation I was to be a rdion operator and not a full-fledged Green Beret. I was a pacifist from the git go.
I didn't care. If the world was going to be destroyed by nuclear weapons', (like it almost was,) I just wanted to die with the good guys.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
where do you live now?
I think for many people it was the nearest 'el otro lado' and promised land but I think from reports for many areas its not able to cope now. Pioneering days are over. Theres smog and they have to steal water from someone elses river, and of course wild fires and earthquakes and homeless to contend with.

But did it ever really have a 'former glory'? Or is that just peoples imaginations!
I think you need to make of it what you will and go and find out for yourself. How can anyone 'fix' a state anyway?
I mean have YOU fixed lots of other states?

If God has told you to go there, then you go but if he hasnt dont. Most places have their issues, if its not one thing its always another. Thats what you get when lots of people go try and make a community and live in cities.
FYI; MORE PEOPLE ARE KILLED AND INJURED IN THE US BY LIGHTNING A YEAR THAN BY EARTHQUAKES HERE IN 10.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
am not thinking of moving countries anytime soon
But I think many american people are drawn to west coast life in california, I cant imagine not living within access of a beach and not being able to see the sea.

in nz we have earthquakes and active volcanoes. One blew up this year and killed a few visitors.
my former city had a sister city arrangement with Huntington Beach.

Ive only ever been to the airport on my way to somewhere else. Of course california is well publicised, after all, Hollywood movies come from there.
our captial in nz tried to piggyback on its film success and call itself 'wellywood' but us aucklanders were like, whatever! Actually more films are made and shot in my home town than wellington.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I remember reading in an old Readers Digest book called wonders of the world which had a picture of California and it predicted in the future it would break away from the rest of the US because of the san andreas fault and float out into the Pacific Ocean and become its own island.

Then Nevada next to it will have its own coast.
so, why not move to Nevada?

Dec 25, 2020
I live in California, and it really isn't bad, but again I'm a liberal voter and that is probably a huge reason why people don't want to live here. Other than that, you get used to the earthquakes, and unless you don't like living in the city you won't be affected by fire. Because most people that are wealthy enough to live in CA have spare money for taxes, that also isn't an issue and overall I just like the atmosphere of LA, as it isn't crazy loud like new york but still busy.

R

RaceBoy

I live in California, and it really isn't bad, but again I'm a liberal voter and that is probably a huge reason why people don't want to live here. Other than that, you get used to the earthquakes, and unless you don't like living in the city you won't be affected by fire. Because most people that are wealthy enough to live in CA have spare money for taxes, that also isn't an issue and overall I just like the atmosphere of LA, as it isn't crazy loud like new york but still busy.
Is the homeless issue prevalent ? Is there trash everywhere ? basically how clean is it there is the question i'm asking.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I remember reading in an old Readers Digest book called wonders of the world which had a picture of California and it predicted in the future it would break away from the rest of the US because of the san andreas fault and float out into the Pacific Ocean and become its own island.

Then Nevada next to it will have its own coast.
so, why not move to Nevada?
Golly, that's interesting.
I often think of stories, which are generally Sci fi in nature (I really ought to discipline myself to write) but anyway, just last week I imagined a scenario in a story where California had broken away from the mainland in the future. I don't know anything about American geology apart from the infamous San Andreas fault. Not saying I'm predicting or prophesying lol Just think it's interesting you read the same thing also.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
[I don't know where else to put this so if any moderators out there want to move it to the correct forum then be my guest] When i was a kid, I would always dream of moving LA. But it wasn't to get "famous" or get "rich", it was because it's a beautiful state.
But as i got older i began to realize the problems that "plague" the state.
Whether its wildfires.
Or the homeless.

View attachment 223734
Coupled with the fact that California has some of the highest taxes in the nation, makes me think that the land/state that i once dreamed of, maybe no
longer worth it.

So my question is, how do we fix this beautiful state and return it to its former glory ? I still want to live there and am still looking for housing around the San Diego area, but i also want to help fix the state and restore the "California Dream". Too many people have been leaving the state and that's a shame really, but i think there's still hope, and some input from y'all could really help me out, thanks.
If we are in the last days..and I would argue we are...there is no fixing the world...
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-5‬ ‭
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.​

We should see an increase in lawlessness..
Matthew‬ ‭24:12‬ ‭
Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.​

In fact I would say since it will be the worst time the world has ever seen..it doesn’t just happen in the trib..but like birthing pangs...increasingly gets worse and worse.

Matthew‬ ‭24:21‬ ‭
For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will.
‭‭​
‭‭

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Golly, that's interesting.
I often think of stories, which are generally Sci fi in nature (I really ought to discipline myself to write) but anyway, just last week I imagined a scenario in a story where California had broken away from the mainland in the future. I don't know anything about American geology apart from the infamous San Andreas fault. Not saying I'm predicting or prophesying lol Just think it's interesting you read the same thing also.
I always think the earthquakes are a testing on the earth of the one God will send in the trib..
Revelation‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭
And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty.​
‭‭

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Is the homeless issue prevalent ? Is there trash everywhere ? basically how clean is it there is the question i'm asking.
There are homeless and starving all over the world. A far more dire concern than calling out CA would be to pray for Nigerian Christians who are under attack and a Bishop kidnapped recently.
I go to Harvest Church which has an online Harvest@Home service on the weekends that have brought in over 50,000 souls and counting. There are other great churches all over CA as well. I don't mind taxes at all considering all the beneficial programs Riverside has to offer.
Los Angeles has always had skid row and imo all states across the US should have a strategy for uplifting the down and out of work/bankrupt people. Laguna Beach has now small units to offer homeless, that's a good start, but way more needs to be done everywhere.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I always think the earthquakes are a testing on the earth of the one God will send in the trib..
Revelation‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭
And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty.​
‭‭
I can't imagine how devastating that earthquake would be if it's bigger than the one which caused the catastrophe of The Flood!

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
I can't imagine how devastating that earthquake would be if it's bigger than the one which caused the catastrophe of The Flood!
It’s going to be a mighty earthquake...
Revelation‬ ‭16:18-20‬ ‭
And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty. The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
‭‭​

I thought God just made it rain for the flood?

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
It’s going to be a mighty earthquake...
Revelation‬ ‭16:18-20‬ ‭
And there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder; and there was a great earthquake, such as there had not been since man came to be upon the earth, so great an earthquake was it, and so mighty. The great city was split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. Babylon the great was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of His fierce wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
‭‭​

I thought God just made it rain for the flood?
The fountains of the deep broke open. In other words in my understanding, the earth was cracked open and water gushed out, I would say possibly as high as the upper atmosphere?
The scars from this event can be seen in geology today.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
The fountains of the deep broke open. In other words in my understanding, the earth was cracked open and water gushed out, I would say possibly as high as the upper atmosphere?
The scars from this event can be seen in geology today.
I thought that since the earth used to be watered from the ground that God also used that to flood the earth?
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:6‬ ‭
But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I thought that since the earth used to be watered from the ground that God also used that to flood the earth?
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭2:6‬ ‭
But a mist used to rise from the earth and water the whole surface of the ground.
When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the underground waters erupted from the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.
Genesis 7:11 NLT

How long do you think it would take for a mist to flood the earth? :)

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
When Noah was 600 years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month, all the underground waters erupted from the earth, and the rain fell in mighty torrents from the sky.
Genesis 7:11 NLT

How long do you think it would take for a mist to flood the earth? :)
Not long if God causes an eruption from the earth.

Apr 12, 2021
Wow! You are out of touch. California has had a very large and thriving Christian community. Trinity Broadcasting Network, The Christian Research Institute, Calvary Chapel Ministries and the San Diego Christian College are all home based in Cali.

Yes there are more non Christians here but it's the most populated state with the 4th largest economy than any other Nation, not just state.
I agree with your assessment re: Christians in California. There are lots and lots are on fire for the Lord. However, the politics are left of Marx, anti Christian, which means education policy is Marxist, and there seems to be no turning around.