How to tell if u are attractive - serious, not funny

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
Aww it was just a joke, it doesn't make you unattractive not being ask out for a date. Everyone's ugly and beautiful in their own way. I haven't been out in a date for a long time too, may I join your lil gang :D
Sure, welcome to the club. We'll be the Untouchables. We''ll all wear Grey and sporadically burst into tears for no reason!:D And Yes, I knew you were joking, so was I.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

So Unattractive people are Really Pleasant.

In that case Nod, you must be incredibly HOT!!:D

hahah kraw how did i know you were gonna jump all over that comment!!

dangit, did i forget you in the mass email i sent out, telling everyone exactly HOW HOT i was! ;)

K

kiwi_OT

I know what its like sort of..
Growing up, I had severe acne and was never told I was pretty. I liked boys fairly early on and was brave enough to ask a couple out only to be told I was way too ugly for them. When I was about 17 years old I went on antibiotics and my skin cleared up. After my skin cleared I finally felt ok with being feminine. All of a sudden, guys started saying I was gorgeous, hot, beautiful blah blah blah. Dont get me wrong, I waited a long time for a man to call me beautiful, and yes I wanted them to be attracted to me physically, but more so by my personality.
Nowadays, I do my best to stay healthy and that includes excercising, eating healthy, not wearing makeup, wearing sunscreen. I do NOT strive to have the body of a prepubescent boy like most women do.

I think its such a shame that people think there are attractive people and "ugly" people. Through Gods grace I understood long before my skin cleared up that I was beautiful in his eyes. EVERYONE is attractive. Societys definition of beauty changes every couple of years!! So why are we so hung up over it? We're ugly, we're pretty, we're ugly we're pretty - its so inconsistent! God thinks we're wonderful and beautiful for eternity. Our sin is the only thing thats ugly.

Rant over lol

C

calvina

So thats why everyone shuns and avoids me! It all makes sense now...
you make me smile here...those who shuns you are not seeing outside but more on the inner part so maybe you are just gorgeous physically

C

calvina

my friends were attracted to me because they said im good,in terms of giving positive advise.physically im not attractive but those blind they said im cute,with tantalizing eyes and dimple.so basically depends on the persons eye and asset that you posses

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Hehe this was a fun thread. Strangely enough, I don't think I've read any of these comments until now. 0.o

F

FireWire

Yes, i have a question.

Why would someone try to befriend someone just because that person was attractive?? If anything you should avoid those that are attractive. I say we should shun physically appealing people, but thats just my narrow minded opinion....
Nuts.

This is a denial of Gods creation who obviously makes beautiful creatures and things.

An atheist/agnostic would call it discrimination. What if that person was hurting? Sorry, can't help you or go near you coz you're too attractive. Do people in heaven stay away from each other (based on the premise of a high likelihood of being attractive)...

P

Powemm

I sometimes wonder what it would be like not being able to see... would we be more open to a person because of what we hear and not what we see? I wonder if we would be in better relationships for it ...
I think we would definitely have a better view of the inside of the cup rather than the outside of it ...

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
I sometimes wonder what it would be like not being able to see... would we be more open to a person because of what we hear and not what we see? I wonder if we would be in better relationships for it ...
I think we would definitely have a better view of the inside of the cup rather than the outside of it ...
That's one of the reasons I don't put up a photo of myself, Michelle. If anyone likes me, it's not because they like or dislike the way I look, since they don't know what my physical appearance is :).

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
That's one of the reasons I don't put up a photo of myself, Michelle. If anyone likes me, it's not because they like or dislike the way I look, since they don't know what my physical appearance is :).
This is one of the wonderful things about getting to know a person over the internet. Yes, there are a lot of fake people out there, but for every fake person there is at least one genuine person. Often in life I have passed on the opportunity to talk with somebody or to get to know them because of their appearance, and I most likely missed out on a wonderful friendship or even a witness (maybe I'm a shallow person, God knows and He is working on me regardless).

Here on CC I have had the opportunity to get to know people without first knowing their outward appearance, which is truly a blessing. I have come to know people whom, I know, I would have just passed by because of how they looked on the outside, based on past decisions. I have taken the time to get to know some people on the inside, the true inner being that they are. This inner beauty manifests it's way on the outside, no matter how unattractive that person may appear physically. It has the power to change our perspective on what is true beauty.

[This can go both ways: also we can get to know a person who is ugly on the inside and no matter how physically attractive they may appear, the inside manifests itself on the outside through our perspective. So a seemingly gorgeous person can appear hideous because of their personality or lack thereof.]

Knowing a person and seeing how wonderful they are before actually seeing them can have a profound impact on how we view them physically. Something else to keep in mind that helps me to not discriminate by physical appearances is to remember that we are ALL created in the image of God, every single one of us! God doesn't see us as our flesh and bone, He sees through all that down to the very depths of our soul! These bodies we have grow old, they age, they wrinkle, spot, and slowly deteriorate; but as for our souls, they are eternal. These bodies are just a vessel that we are using while passing through this life; until we receive our glorified bodies in heaven during the life to come.

Last edited:
P

Powemm

Well I'm 43. And believe It or not this is the first place I've been since coming into my relationship with Christ I actually feel safe ... I bought so
Many words ... Lies mainly because of that very thing.. People looking at outward appearances ... I think that's why my spirit seems so tough at times ... Warding off such onlookers can be tough ... Inside I'm all
Mush ... It's not easy keeping that type if fight up. This has been a very restful
Place to be ... I mean just be ... Does that make sense ?

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
While I am not completely sure what you are saying as a whole Powemm, the last sentence makes perfect sense. :)