How to trust?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I was referring to trusting a relationship ... I took a lifetime to open my heart and when I did, the experience was bad ... but I have already regretted writing this topic 😅

I feel you. All of my relationships have ended badly. Now, I use the discernment God gave me. :cool:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mel85
can you have... watermelon 🍉
Oh I see how it is placing my love of fruit in front of me when I can't have it. Ok ok no worries maybe just a little taste... ( and thus ends Blain's tragic story all because his friend gave him fruit in honor of Blain's memory up finished the watermelon and it was delicous and juicy)
 
We all go through seasons of that we get distracted and stray he knows this is going to happen sometimes but he is always waiting with open arms just like the prodigal son. Believe me I am by no means innocent of doing this

how not to fall in love with a God like that?
 
I say basically because they were almost vegan not quite. Their strict diet consisted of mainly fish bread and wheat and veggies no red meat or fatty foods whatsoever it was considered unclean

I don't know where you got that idea. They had herds of sheep and cows. :cool:
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlackLily
I don't know where you got that idea. They had herds of sheep and cows. :cool:
Hmm well I do know they had them but I don't know if they actually ate them, they did use the cows to make butter out the milk and the clothing was made from the sheeps wool but unless I am mistaken they mainly stayed away from eating things like that I don't have the best memory so I may have re do my studies on their culture I don't have my notes anymore
 
but these animals were only consumed on special occasions like Easter, no?
I don't know what rfeast day is what but basically yes it was only for special occasions but I also don't have the best memory so I may be wrong but I am pretty sure that is correct
 
Hmm well I do know they had them but I don't know if they actually ate them, they did use the cows to make butter out the milk and the clothing was made from the sheeps wool but unless I am mistaken they mainly stayed away from eating things like that I don't have the best memory so I may have re do my studies on their culture I don't have my notes anymore

C'mon blain! How do you explain passover?
 
Hmm well I do know they had them but I don't know if they actually ate them, they did use the cows to make butter out the milk and the clothing was made from the sheeps wool but unless I am mistaken they mainly stayed away from eating things like that I don't have the best memory so I may have re do my studies on their culture I don't have my notes anymore

Throw your notes away and read the old testament. Only in the garden of Eden, I believe, was there any indication of a vegan diet. :cool:
 
Read Exodus 14 for a list of the animals they ate, and no indication that it was only for certain days. I have nothing against those who choose to be vegans. :cool:
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlackLily and Blain
Read Exodus 14 for a list of the animals they ate, and no indication that it was only for certain days. I have nothing against those who choose to be vegans. :cool:
Honestly with my diebetes I wonder if being a vegan would even be safe for me especially since these days most food is processed and fatty and I can't have hardly any sugar including fruits and juice so if my blood sugar got to low I could go into a seizure again
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlackLily
I think y'all are confusing vegetarianism with veganism :geek:

They are NOT the same things ;)
 
Read Exodus 14 for a list of the animals they ate, and no indication that it was only for certain days. I have nothing against those who choose to be vegans. :cool:

But the list gave them permission to eat ... it didn't necessarily mean that they usually did, right?
 
I think y'all are confusing vegetarianism with veganism :geek:

They are NOT the same things ;)

You're probably right, ma'am. :cool:

I believe the difference is that vegans are more extreme, so they wouldn't be eating butter made from milk.
 
I think y'all are confusing vegetarianism with veganism :geek:

They are NOT the same things ;)
Wait their not? Oh boy that's embarrassing ... Hey look over there guys a pony! ( runs away in embarrassment)
 
You're probably right, ma'am. :cool:

I believe the difference is that vegans are more extreme, so they wouldn't be eating butter made from milk.
True, as vegans eschew any animal product or by-product, including cheese, honey, eggs, ice cream, butter and milk as you said, Jello (gelatin is animal sourced) etc., whereas a vegetarian simply eats no animal flesh :)
 
Honestly with my diebetes I wonder if being a vegan would even be safe for me especially since these days most food is processed and fatty and I can't have hardly any sugar including fruits and juice so if my blood sugar got to low I could go into a seizure again

I believe they were not vegan ... but I also think that meat consumption was low.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Didymous
But the list gave them permission to eat ... it didn't necessarily mean that they usually did, right?
The Israelites usually ate meat from domesticated goats and sheep. Goat’s meat was the most common. Fat-tailed sheep were the predominant variety of sheep in ancient Israel but as sheep were valued more than goats, they were eaten less often. Beef and venison were eaten primarily by the elites, and fattened calves provided veal for the wealthy (for example, as mentioned in the Bible, Amos 6:4).

Although most meat was obtained from domesticated animals, meat from hunted animals was also sometimes available, as the story of Isaac and Esau (Genesis 27:3–4), certain Biblical lists (for example, Deuteronomy 14:5), and archaeological evidence indicate. The remains of gazelle, red deer and fallow deer are the most commonly found in the archaeological record. source
 
  • Like
Reactions: BlackLily