How We Can Tell If We Possess The Agape of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 14, 2021
Shake the dust if your feet and walk away from the indoctrinated guy.
Not will to discuss, just attack and accuse.
Two throng approach with a hatred of the OSAS doctrine that seeps into virtually every post he makes.

You all need to realise no matter how many times you tell him as a OSAS believer that you do not teach this doctrine as a license to sin, main one being commit adultery and some others thrown in there he rejects it.

Even @gb9 said to him many times that he is not OSAS and a believer can walk away he continues to accuse him of being OSAS.

Listen I have no problems with the 10 commandments given to Moses.
I have no issues with wanting to be like Jesus summed in the 10 commandments as it's all about love, ok the commandments don't state love but the behaviour required implies love.

And I'm sure that's the same for OSAS and always NOSAS.
Yet the attack attack is that we as OSAS believe it is on not to obedient and no matter how many times you obedience and works follow salvation it's rejected.

He doesn't give jack shit what you say and respond with.
He chooses to not reply to the talking points and scripture that I bring to the forefront. Much of his dialogue could be convincing constructed by a chat bot. It is a possibility that there isn't actually a real person behind the user. If nothing else, conversations with that user serve as self-meditations (and probably AI training data for his purposes if it is indeed a bot). Speculation to be taken with a grain of salt, but it is consistent with the behaviour.

Aug 3, 2019
If someone partakes of some OT practices, it becomes a requirement of NT law. Especially in the case of things that are unclean. The NT covenant applies to people differently. This isn't a simple topic.
I'm not sure why you insist that the Ten Commandments are "OT" when they are clearly shown to be the obligation of Christians in the NT:

Ten Comm - OT and NT.png

Aug 3, 2019
Shake the dust if your feet and walk away from the indoctrinated guy.
Not will to discuss, just attack and accuse.
Two throng approach with a hatred of the OSAS doctrine that seeps into virtually every post he makes.

You all need to realise no matter how many times you tell him as a OSAS believer that you do not teach this doctrine as a license to sin, main one being commit adultery and some others thrown in there he rejects it.

Even @gb9 said to him many times that he is not OSAS and a believer can walk away he continues to accuse him of being OSAS.
I know gb9 says he's not OSAS. But he argues so intently against my criticism of it, one wonders if he's not in the closet...
Listen I have no problems with the 10 commandments given to Moses.
I have no issues with wanting to be like Jesus summed in the 10 commandments as it's all about love, ok the commandments don't state love but the behaviour required implies love.

And I'm sure that's the same for OSAS and always NOSAS.
Yet the attack attack is that we as OSAS believe it is on not to obedient and no matter how many times you obedience and works follow salvation it's rejected.

He doesn't give jack shit what you say and respond with.
Please point to the doll where my words of truth hurt you :)

download.jpg

Aug 3, 2019
Sainthood would be retained by purification, when that parts of you that do not bear agape are burned away.

Is it possible to render oneself incapable of agape when it has been experienced before? No.
Sure, repentance is always the option for all who do not commit the unpardonable sin, which is any sin for which we lose the ability to seek pardon.

The implication of Jesus in Matthew 24:12 is that their agape grows cold PERMANENTLY - in contrast to the Saints who "endure to the end".

Aug 3, 2019
uh huh.
i wonder ifyou attack me because the question makes you uncomfortable.

• what specifically do 'you intend to' endure in, and how do 'you intend to' do this?
I'm not "attacking" you! I'm trying to answer your question using the Socratic Method which Christ so often used:

A Christian who's living contrary to this godless world is going to know all about what "endure to the end" means, but the one who hasn't learned to swim against the current, cut against the grain, sail into the wind, etc., is not going to understand...or recognize.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do you pray to my Savior with that filthy mouth?
what Savior? you contend you don't have salvation; you preach that no such thing exists, only a temporary illusion of salvation waiting to be revealed as not-salvation.

• what do 'you intend to' endure in and how do 'you intend to' endure?

Aug 3, 2019
You shall keep it as a feast to the LORD for seven days in the year. It shall be a statute forever
(Leviticus 23:41)
does everyone who doesn't keep the feasts and the festivals and the sabbaths go to hell?
even those who believe the words of God in Romans & Colossians?

maybe you do not understand what you are reading when you open your Bible, my dude.
You sure "forever" here means "undefined because endless" and not "undefined, but not endless? ;)

And, I'm pretty sure the Mosaic Law was nailed to the Cross, which brought an end to that statute.

Dec 30, 2020
Hello Phoneman. Maybe we can better understand where you are coming from if you explain in detail to the rest of us what Agape Love is, how we get it, and its effect on the recipient.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I know gb9 says he's not OSAS. But he argues so intently against my criticism of it, one wonders if he's not in the closet...
No you accuse him off it.
You don't even have the courtesy to accept it.
You accuse him every time just because he dares as you say to argue against your critism of it.

BUT HE HAS SAID HE IS NOT A PROPONENT OF OSAS AND A BELIEVER CAN WALK AWAY FROM JESUS AND GIVE UP SALVATION.

Aug 3, 2019
Why is it a filthy mouth.
What word is filthy and why?
"Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" and that word that came out of your mouth suggests what's there in abundance, right or wrong? ;)
And why is your saviour not mine my little snowflake?
I didn't say He wasn't your Savior. Is your current emotional instability clouding your reading comprehension too?

Aug 3, 2019
Hello Phoneman. Maybe we can better understand where you are coming from if you explain in detail to the rest of us what Agape Love is, how we get it, and its effect on the recipient.
I already explained that in detail in the OP, didn't I? Please re-read it and then comment on anything that strikes a chord :)

Aug 3, 2019
what Savior? you contend you don't have salvation; you preach that no such thing exists, only a temporary illusion of salvation waiting to be revealed as not-salvation.
Not sure where you're getting that.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Forget it, the purpose has nothing to do with AGAPE love at all.
It's to attack his hatred of OSAS doctrine as he understands it and projects it.

Trust me it was a genuine post to talk about Agape love and how we grow into it I would be happy to engage.

He doesn't want to it's just an attack on OSAS.

So just to set the record straight @Phoneman-777

Any doctrine that promotes to sin all you want and be saved is abhorrent and detestable and I would fight it all the way.

I have only met one person with that view and quoted Romans 5-7.

Aug 3, 2019
No you accuse him off it.
You don't even have the courtesy to accept it.
You accuse him every time just because he dares as you say to argue against your critism of it.

BUT HE HAS SAID HE IS NOT A PROPONENT OF OSAS AND A BELIEVER CAN WALK AWAY FROM JESUS AND GIVE UP SALVATION.
Like I said, I'm aware he says he's not OSAS, and I believe he thinks that. I'm still waiting for him to detail this mythological middle ground between OSAS and Biblical salvation.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
"Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks" and that word that came out of your mouth suggests what's there in abundance, right or wrong? ;)
I didn't say He wasn't your Savior. Is your current emotional instability clouding your reading comprehension too?
Like yours you mean?
By inference well actually it's not because you are saying I'm emotionally unstable.
What an attack, not nice is it?
Want to discuss your emotional instability?

Anyway what word out of the mouth you responded to is a filthy mouth?

JACK OR SHIT?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Not sure where you're getting that.

If H. ‘is not’, then she never was. I mistook a cloud of atoms for a person. There aren’t, and never were, any people. Death only reveals the vacuity that was always there. What we call the living are simply those who have not yet been unmasked. All equally bankrupt, but some not yet declared.
- C.S. Lewis

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Like I said, I'm aware he says he's not OSAS, and I believe he thinks that. I'm still waiting for him to detail this mythological middle ground between OSAS and Biblical salvation.
Rubbish