How would you date someone new in the midst of this pandemic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Hello i been thinking about the impact of covid l-19 on the dating scene recently..cox pandemic or not people can still end up meeting someone special.Yet with so many various restriction in your own countries ect...just how would you cope if you did actually meet someone that you actually feel attracted too?They maybe online or soneone you know/met in real life..Would you decide to hold back hoping your feelings of attraction would somehow disappear?Or would you just go for it and use technology like video calls,texting,phone calls till to build the relationship till you're allowed to meet face to face...in some cases socially distanced..Plus if the other person is living abroad would you fly out to meet them?(again socially distanced)..or just stick to using technology as mentioned above.
Personally i would do whatever i would be permitted to do in terms of restrictions to make things work..technology..ie video calls ect..and would find a way to meet face to face when possible pending on the guidelines.
So how would you cope with having met someone new in the current pandemic?
If you can met them outdoors but socially distanced..you can't hold hands or even hug?..Be nice to hear your thoughts
😉😁😅 kga8g.jpg

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I know dating online is for some people and maybe not for others like mee....lol. I just don't trust the process even during the pandemic (which I am hoping and praying will come to an end soon (by faith) ;)). It is so easy now to steal other people's photos and claim to be someone you aren't. So much scamming. Also it doesn't feel as organic as meeting someone for the first time in person because since it is an online dating service the expectation of knowing you are going to meet new people is already there...therefore taking away the spontaneity. Also I have tried various dating apps and it can be pricey (which I never did fork out the money for lol). Especially apps like match.com, but again I am not putting down online dating during a pandemic. I guess what I am just trying to say is..... "how I would I go about dating someone new during the pandemic.?...well....I wouldn't" LOL.:LOL:
I've met some interesting women through the internet. But I have had the best relationships and friendships with women that I met in person first. The current global "situation" is a major impediment to social and dating habits right now.

I've met some interesting women through the internet. But I have had the best relationships and friendships with women that I met in person first. The current global "situation" is a major impediment to social and dating habits right now.
I really admire that honestly 🙂. To have a friendship with someone first. Hopefully I won't lose my dating social habits after this winds down around the globe 🙈 lol.

Dec 2, 2020
I know dating online is for some people and maybe not for others like mee....lol. I just don't trust the process even during the pandemic (which I am hoping and praying will come to an end soon (by faith) ;)). It is so easy now to steal other people's photos and claim to be someone you aren't. So much scamming. Also it doesn't feel as organic as meeting someone for the first time in person because since it is an online dating service the expectation of knowing you are going to meet new people is already there...therefore taking away the spontaneity. Also I have tried various dating apps and it can be pricey (which I never did fork out the money for lol). Especially apps like match.com, but again I am not putting down online dating during a pandemic. I guess what I am just trying to say is..... "how I would I go about dating someone new during the pandemic.?...well....I wouldn't" LOL.:LOL:
It depends. I don't use dating sites for that reason. Too much meat market.
If however I meet an amazing woman through an online game I play, I'll give her a chance. we have shared hobbies then at least.

It depends. I don't use dating sites for that reason. Too much meat market.
If however I meet an amazing woman through an online game I play, I'll give her a chance. we have shared hobbies then at least.
Yes, it is like a meat market haha. Thats a good one!

S

SigP226

I have had a lady friend for about five months now. COVID was not really a concern nor has it been since. I know I will catch flank for this by some, but I refuse to live in fear.
Amen!

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016
Hello i been thinking about the impact of covid l-19 on the dating scene recently..cox pandemic or not people can still end up meeting someone special.Yet with so many various restriction in your own countries ect...just how would you cope if you did actually meet someone that you actually feel attracted too?They maybe online or soneone you know/met in real life..Would you decide to hold back hoping your feelings of attraction would somehow disappear?Or would you just go for it and use technology like video calls,texting,phone calls till to build the relationship till you're allowed to meet face to face...in some cases socially distanced..Plus if the other person is living abroad would you fly out to meet them?(again socially distanced)..or just stick to using technology as mentioned above.
Personally i would do whatever i would be permitted to do in terms of restrictions to make things work..technology..ie video calls ect..and would find a way to meet face to face when possible pending on the guidelines.
So how would you cope with having met someone new in the current pandemic?
If you can met them outdoors but socially distanced..you can't hold hands or even hug?..Be nice to hear your thoughts
Skype and phone calls. A wonderful way to take the time and build a solid foundation of friendship. ;)

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

Usually you can tell someone's age by looking at their face, it's a good indicator of age most times.

1614239050497.jpeg

If you want to be more scientific, you can always try carbon dating. :)

Sorry, just posted from, Let's Laugh Together thread.

Usually you can tell someone's age by looking at their face, it's a good indicator of age most times.

View attachment 225706

If you want to be more scientific, you can always try carbon dating. :)

Sorry, just posted from, Let's Laugh Together thread.
Omg lol! Thats too good haha 🤣.

I know how you feel :) and I haven’t even got a dog lol
In time, soon we will be skyping that special someone. I am thankful that I don't need to skype Jesus lol, he always an ever present help :). Hope you have a blessed day/evening/morning Tararose :giggle:!

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
In time, soon we will be skyping that special someone. I am thankful that I don't need to skype Jesus lol, he always an ever present help :). Hope you have a blessed day/evening/morning Tararose :giggle:!
HUG stands for
H-Happy
U-unique
G-Gesture
😊😊😊

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Yay! Thank you for the freebie hehe 🤭
You're welcome..so if I real another anagram in the future I can charge the usual fee of €11 or $10..or £13.56p...first each letter in the anagram right?😊😊😊💁‍♀️

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Okay! Sounds like a deal and a fair price 😉
🤣🤣🤣🤣...I bet you wouldn't be thinking that If the anagram has around 280,000 letters.☺..my goodness I could pay off my mortgage from the money I would make🏠💷💷💷💷💶💶💶💵💵💵💵💵💴💴🕺💃💃