How's your day been?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

How's my day been? Difficult. But it could've been much worse...
Thank you for sharing Oblio, it carries a very poignant message. I'm mindful every day of what the Lord has done and is doing for me, and how undeserving I am of His love and grace. Oh, how great He is!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Just settling down now to watch Ben-Hur 1959 w/Charlton Heston, another of my traditions. Hope everyone had a beautiful Resurrection Day. Prayers out to the victims of turmoil🙏🙏🙏

C

ChristianTonyB

Just settling down now to watch Ben-Hur 1959 w/Charlton Heston, another of my traditions. Hope everyone had a beautiful Resurrection Day. Prayers out to the victims of turmoil🙏🙏🙏
Well that's a real golden oldie 🙂, yet timeless nonetheless😊 And may I join in with your prayer too, please 🙏
Thank you for sharing TR, and may you have a great day in the Lord!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yello

Its been rainy day today
I am currently obssessed with finishing my paint by numbers

Ive done a tiger and a Vincent Van Gogh starry night

Im going to hang them in the library...the children wont know they are forgeries...

Van Gogh is my favourite painter, though why he had to cut off his own ear I dont know...?!

C

ChristianTonyB

Yello

Its been rainy day today
I am currently obssessed with finishing my paint by numbers

Ive done a tiger and a Vincent Van Gogh starry night

Im going to hang them in the library...the children wont know they are forgeries...

Van Gogh is my favourite painter, though why he had to cut off his own ear I dont know...?!
Ah, the Long White Clouds are dropping some aqua blue out of them! Finally had a rain free day here today.

I don't think I could keep my hand steady enough to keep inside the lines. Do they give you options using different colour shades and changes in features to make them unique, or are they direct copies?

Sounds like you are happy with your results! Do you do many of them?

How's the new gardening book going? Any startling discoveries from it yet?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ah, the Long White Clouds are dropping some aqua blue out of them! Finally had a rain free day here today.

I don't think I could keep my hand steady enough to keep inside the lines. Do they give you options using different colour shades and changes in features to make them unique, or are they direct copies?

Sounds like you are happy with your results! Do you do many of them?

How's the new gardening book going? Any startling discoveries from it yet?
well, I was matching the colours but you can always add your own flourishes to them if you want like glitter or sequins etc

Ive just done two so far, though I have a colour by numbers colouring book using coloured pencils of birds and butterflies, though that takes longer to do.

I finished the Joy of Gardening...it seems the author had to slow down a bit during lockdown and let her garden go a bit haha

My next read is going to be...The Lawn A social history

C

ChristianTonyB

well, I was matching the colours but you can always add your own flourishes to them if you want like glitter or sequins etc

Ive just done two so far, though I have a colour by numbers colouring book using coloured pencils of birds and butterflies, though that takes longer to do.

I finished the Joy of Gardening...it seems the author had to slow down a bit during lockdown and let her garden go a bit haha

My next read is going to be...The Lawn A social history
I missed out getting the art gene, I'm a straight line and right angles person. I like seeing the products of the artists though.

That sounds like an interesting book on your agenda. I wonder if the author has done one on weeds, I could really relate to that!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I missed out getting the art gene, I'm a straight line and right angles person. I like seeing the products of the artists though.

That sounds like an interesting book on your agenda. I wonder if the author has done one on weeds, I could really relate to that!
maybe you could try origami...thats all straight lines and angles!

there are also diamond art or crystal creations where you have to glue all these tiles to make a picture kind of like mosaics but that is too fiddly for me.

C

ChristianTonyB

maybe you could try origami...thats all straight lines and angles!

there are also diamond art or crystal creations where you have to glue all these tiles to make a picture kind of like mosaics but that is too fiddly for me.
Might be worth a go!

I tend to enjoy solving problems, so building or repairing things seems to be my go, and outdoorsy stuff like kayaking and mountain biking. I used to do a lot of hiking but a dodgy right knee has put paid to that now.

But I really do get a kick out of seeing the product of others' artistic flair. When I go down to Brisbane for a few days I often take in the Art Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art in whilst I'm there.

Do you work in the Public School system in NZ?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Might be worth a go!

I tend to enjoy solving problems, so building or repairing things seems to be my go, and outdoorsy stuff like kayaking and mountain biking. I used to do a lot of hiking but a dodgy right knee has put paid to that now.

But I really do get a kick out of seeing the product of others' artistic flair. When I go down to Brisbane for a few days I often take in the Art Gallery and the Gallery of Modern Art in whilst I'm there.

Do you work in the Public School system in NZ?
yes though we call it state school
because public seems to mean different things in different countries
Though I have also worked in public libraries which are different again

basically state schools here are meant to be free
if you want a private education you will need to pay for it
I have also worked in tertiary libraries ...which are not free...well they are not govt funded.

as far as building things go, I worked in engineering library which was separate from the architecture library...I always thought those two disicplines need to be combined in some way so that beautiful design can also be functional...seems like a disconnect between the two!

fine arts had a separate library too at the university. The way art was taught at my high school was a bit ad hoc. I think we tried to copy what artists or teachers already had done rather than express our own ideas. But you do need to practice getting the techniques right

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
G'day guys, how's your day been?

Mine's been pretty laid back...gym in the morning, cafe for coffee, a wee bit of shopping, put up a solar security light on the shed, more shopping, more coffee, now winding down. Cat needs to be fed soon, then to cook up something for myself for dinner. All the while grateful for God's blessing, and hoping I can pay Him back in some way by doing good.

I hope you have had a good one. Feel free to describe yours please, for other than the times I get to chat with the Father, mine can be a bit mundane. Shalom, Tony 🙂
I myself am ready to go fishing. Here in Ohio it has been rain and snow. It has definitely stalled gardening also. But did get part of my yard mowed today. Becoming a jungle despite the snow .I have 2 cats of my own they get soft food before my dinner. It sometimes is the little things of having a companion there to talk to rather they be human or furballs. God bless

O

Oblio

My day's been long. I'm a little impatient waiting for spring to get here. I like getting outside and playing and singing to the Lord under the open sky. I'm feeling a bit better and I've been thinking over the past few days about trying to go fishing again. Trout season opens a week this Saturday. We'll see.
I'm glad the day's drawing to a close. Shalom. :)

C

ChristianTonyB

yes though we call it state school
because public seems to mean different things in different countries
Though I have also worked in public libraries which are different again

basically state schools here are meant to be free
if you want a private education you will need to pay for it
I have also worked in tertiary libraries ...which are not free...well they are not govt funded.

as far as building things go, I worked in engineering library which was separate from the architecture library...I always thought those two disicplines need to be combined in some way so that beautiful design can also be functional...seems like a disconnect between the two!

fine arts had a separate library too at the university. The way art was taught at my high school was a bit ad hoc. I think we tried to copy what artists or teachers already had done rather than express our own ideas. But you do need to practice getting the techniques right
Yes. It's generally called the State School systems here in Oz too, wasn't sure about NZ. I think in the UK the public school systems sits somewhere between the state school system and private schools???

Do you find many kids still interested in fine arts, or are they mainly interested in CAD?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yes. It's generally called the State School systems here in Oz too, wasn't sure about NZ. I think in the UK the public school systems sits somewhere between the state school system and private schools???

Do you find many kids still interested in fine arts, or are they mainly interested in CAD?
I dont know because its high school they pick it up (I work in primary) and not sure if they still learning art, or graphic design, depends on what the school offers really. Not sure if there is much overlap betwen the two.

In NZ if you were interested in art we do have weta workshop to make props and special effects for films etc so that could be a route arty people can go down career-wise which can pay well and be fun, otherwise the art world is a not that big and you'd be depending on commissions to sell your work and hosting workshops which can actually be very expensive cos you have to pay for all the materials etc.

But if you an artist and live for your art I suppose you'd do it. You can hire a studio if you dont have the space..there are some arty communities around. Though Im not really part of them! I dont think im abstract or perfectionist enough to be a true artist.

comic book artist is more my style...not very fine!

C

ChristianTonyB

I myself am ready to go fishing. Here in Ohio it has been rain and snow. It has definitely stalled gardening also. But did get part of my yard mowed today. Becoming a jungle despite the snow .I have 2 cats of my own they get soft food before my dinner. It sometimes is the little things of having a companion there to talk to rather they be human or furballs. God bless
You must be tough, mowing a lawn in the snow! I doff my hat to you.

I mowed my lawn yesterday too, no problem with snow, but had to fight off heaps of weeds!

4EB2833A-E366-43CE-8DAB-50994D9C4448.jpeg

C

ChristianTonyB

My day's been long. I'm a little impatient waiting for spring to get here. I like getting outside and playing and singing to the Lord under the open sky. I'm feeling a bit better and I've been thinking over the past few days about trying to go fishing again. Trout season opens a week this Saturday. We'll see.
I'm glad the day's drawing to a close. Shalom. :)
Sorry to learn that you have had a tough day, may your sleep time be a good one👍

What part of Canada do you live in?

What kind of trout are in the waters you fish?

C

ChristianTonyB

What are the kinds of cats you have, and their names?
Yes, it's great to have someone/thing we can converse with to help break up the monotony of living by oneself!
Do you live near the big lake, is that normally where you fish?

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
What are the kinds of cats you have, and their names?
Yes, it's great to have someone/thing we can converse with to help break up the monotony of living by oneself!
Do you live near the big lake, is that normally where you fish?
I have a Chantilly or Tiffaney her name is Willow and a tuxedo Izzy. Well my son does stay with me. I live near a river and a lake. I usually fish for catfish ,crappie, etc. What kind of cats do you have and names?

Attachments

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
You must be tough, mowing a lawn in the snow! I doff my hat to you.

I mowed my lawn yesterday too, no problem with snow, but had to fight off heaps of weeds!

View attachment 239077
I dont see any weeds...?!

very straight and rectangular, even your big buxus has a flat top!
though I try to clip mine into more rounded shapes
Do you do the edging as well using a line trimmer or clippers. though in nz we call those machines weed eaters, not sure why as they dont really EAT weeds. Just cut them.

Pity caterpillers and slugs dont eat all the weeds