How's your day been?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

On the older men/younger women issue (how does every thread devolve into a conversation on relationships?)...

Personally, I've always gotten along better with younger women.

Of course, I automatically get stereotyped for saying something like that.

In other words, it's automatically assumed that I'm going through some sort of mid-life crisis, that I'm full of lust, etc., etc., etc.

In reality, none of that is true.

In my particular case/life's experiences, I've simply found that I not only have more in common with younger women, but that they also oftentimes come with a lot less baggage than older women.

Now, before anybody bites my head off for saying that, if you've read any of my testimony about my failed first marriage, then you should realize that I'm actually a caring Christian man who spent 17 years trying to help my ex to successfully deal with and overcome her horrible past. In other words, I'm not some selfish guy, but rather quite self-sacrificing, and happily so.

What's my issue with a lot of baggage then?

Simply that it gets rather tiresome and grievous to constantly be taking someone else's bullet, so to speak. In other words, constantly being misjudged while having somebody else's bad actions toward a woman projected unto me.

Besides, at my age, now that Betty White has died, basically all of the women on the face of the earth are "younger women", so there's that...lol.

As far as women from other cultures are concerned, I must also confess that I'm generally more attracted to them as well.

Why?

Because I'm some sort of racist or someone who cares about one's ethnicity?

No, not at all.

My own life's experiences (or my own life's realities) have simply shown me that American women, generally speaking (again, in my own experiences) are...how do I say this?...well, oftentimes more like men than women. In other words, I find them to be very combative and contentious, and, believe it or not (the BDF aside), I'm actually very much a peace-loving guy.

Anyhow, as I've said on this forum before, in my estimation, women are the best part of God's creation.

However, in my own personal experiences, that has only proven to be true in theory, and not in reality.

Then again, most men basically suck...so there's that variable as well.

It's one big jumbled mess, and I'm truly happy for anyone who finds true love on this side of eternity.

If you take away anything that I said in this post, then let it be that last sentence.

I truly am rooting for others to find true love...even though it's eluded me for my entire lifetime.
Yes, that's me too. Well put! Why I'm like I am, I don't know exactly. For some reason all my buddies were younger than me, even as a teen I was like that. I think I'll always be a kid of a kind. I've wondered if it's because I feel less challenged when with younger people, or I just prefer the youthful vigour they bring into my life. I'm attracted to women, whatever their race, but in particular to the genteel caring types. I think that's a natural instinct God has put in me to search for that in a partner, to offset and bring balance to my tendency to bite hard first and ask questions later!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
3D software can also produce some effect you want, but I think it's enough for you to use Photoshop
I would love to be able to change the perspective on something as shown above. It is possible that Photoshop can do this, but I am largely self taught, and my skills are fairly limited, not to mention the fact that I may only know about a tenth of the program :) If that ;)

Isaiah 26:3
:)

L

Live4Him2

Yes, that's me too. Well put! Why I'm like I am, I don't know exactly. For some reason all my buddies were younger than me, even as a teen I was like that. I think I'll always be a kid of a kind. I've wondered if it's because I feel less challenged when with younger people, or I just prefer the youthful vigour they bring into my life. I'm attracted to women, whatever their race, but in particular to the genteel caring types. I think that's a natural instinct God has put in me to search for that in a partner, to offset and bring balance to my tendency to bite hard first and ask questions later!
In spite of everything that I just said, I recently noticed an older woman (much closer to my age) at work who just exudes a seemingly beautiful personality which I find very attractive.

I don't know her status (single, married, widowed, divorced, transgender who wants me as his boytoy...lol...hey, it's the 2020's, so you never know) yet, but, with my luck, she's probably married to someone in the Mafia who's going to pump me full of lead when I return to work on Monday (lol).

Anyhow, hope yet springs eternal...

C

ChristianTonyB

Morning guys, I hope everyone has a great day, and the Lord be praised!

Some really interesting perspectives have been expressed re different experiences and takes on what is expected of relationships and the vagaries of dealing with big age differences. Thank you all for sharing, I've found it quite educational.

Overcast and windy in my neck of the woods today.

It's a lazy day for me. Sunday is my chosen day of rest, so I kick back and chill. I will jump back into Matthew's gospel in a mo. Then do a bit more in a puzzle book I'm working through, make a coffee, and chill out some more.

May you all have a great day in the Lord 😊

C

ChristianTonyB

In spite of everything that I just said, I recently noticed an older woman (much closer to my age) at work who just exudes a seemingly beautiful personality which I find very attractive.

I don't know her status (single, married, widowed, divorced, transgender who wants me as his boytoy...lol...hey, it's the 2020's, so you never know) yet, but, with my luck, she's probably married to someone in the Mafia who's going to pump me full of lead when I return to work on Monday (lol).

Anyhow, hope yet springs eternal...
Yes, I don't confine my interest to any age group, even though my mind interprets my need for a youthful companion to being that in physique and heart. That would be extremely arrogant of me to only be interested in a younger person, even if I'm naturally drawn to that. And I don't think myself as being attractive to a younger person, or an older one for that matter. I pray that you find a great companion and soul mate 👍

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I would love to be able to change the perspective on something as shown above. It is possible that Photoshop can do this, but I am largely self taught, and my skills are fairly limited, not to mention the fact that I may only know about a tenth of the program :) If that ;)

Isaiah 26:3
:)
If you are talking about the content of the text part, the Photoshop can simply achieve the three-dimensional perspective effect. If it is a character, there is a software that can make the plane character into a Pseudo 3D effect,Live2d.
https://www.live2d.com/en/
You can see the simple effect here.

L

Live4Him2

Yes, I don't confine my interest to any age group, even though my mind interprets my need for a youthful companion to being that in physique and heart. That would be extremely arrogant of me to only be interested in a younger person, even if I'm naturally drawn to that. And I don't think myself as being attractive to a younger person, or an older one for that matter. I pray that you find a great companion and soul mate 👍
Thanks, but it's not likely going to happen.

The sweetest girl that I ever met was way back when I was 16 years old. We worked together briefly, and, all kidding aside, her father literally was in the Mafia. I liked her. She liked me. However, she got sick, and ultimately moved away. I did visit her in the hospital once, but she moved shortly after that to God only knows where. I've never forgotten her. She truly was a sweetheart, and that's a rarity these days...at least in my own experiences.

In all seriousness, there's only one aspect of my life that is confusing, and that pertains directly to women.

I truly do respect them, and love them, and I truly have taken YEARS AND YEARS to allow God to fashion me INTERNALLY into the type of man that I read about in the scriptures. You know, a man who will love his wife as Christ loved the church while nourishing her and cherishing her as his own flesh, and washing her with the water of God's word. I'm pretty much consumed with love in that everything that I read, listen to, or think about is related to love, but, sad to say, it's been a one-way street where women are concerned. The women who I've met near me are all very superficial, and, if anything, they're only looking for some sort of sexual hook-up which is never happening with me. I pretty much gave up on women almost a year ago after talking to several different "Christian" women in about a three month span who all wanted me to jump in bed with them. Anyhow, this confuses me because I know that marriage is only for this side of eternity, so why all of the preparation on my part if being single is in my cards?

What more can I say?

It is what it is.

Sunny1

Apr 23, 2022
Wonderful day. Shopping for dinner items, walked the dogs, worked on a paper due for school, viewed a cooking video and decided to look into a Christian chat site. No idea why it's been so dominant in my thoughts lately.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wonderful day. Shopping for dinner items, walked the dogs, worked on a paper due for school, viewed a cooking video and decided to look into a Christian chat site. No idea why it's been so dominant in my thoughts lately.
Howdy and welcome to the forum. You have the great good fortune to stumble upon the most chill forum in Christian Chat. :cool:

This is a place to hang out and chat, so jump in and start reading and commenting.

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
I am not sure I want to add to any of that dialog. My day personally has rocked. Mainly I suppose because it got up to 80's in Ohio. Thank you Lord, you are awesome. Had a good devotion with my son this morning, we were using some of Tony Evans sermon to inspire us.
After my son went to work I was able to go walking at the reservoir. Could only be out a short time, being Irish I tend to burn easily sometimes. For me it is a great blessing within the last 2 years I have had covid twice, started menopause, got hurt on exercise equipment, also had pneumonia while having covid and went thru a divorce.
So getting out and back where I need to be in all areas is a blessing. I have learned to appreciate my health alot more,amen.

L

Live4Him2

@Live4Him2
@Gojira
@ChristianTonyB

Have you ever heard of it:

"A man is always a younger boy until he dies.""
I've never heard that, but I've often told people that we're all just basically big children.

In other words, we carry a lot from our formative years straight into adulthood.

I literally feel the same now as I did when I was a teenager...or even younger than that.

Btw, I think that I might have set some sort of record for the most uses of the word "literally" in one week.

lol.

G

Godsgirl83

I didn't get it .What do you mean, is it interesting?
just a play on words.
Specifically the word "literally".

OH! I see now, the quote I was quoting did not copy over..........
He said:
Btw, I think that I might have set some sort of record for the most uses of the word "literally" in one week.
and I teased saying "Did you LITERALLY do that"

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well... I quoted you TWICE, but I'll let it go........
I read both items you quoted. Again, I never said women have a lesser role in society. I said our roles were different. You chose to see a derogatory meaning.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
What are these? Like, what can you do with them? :unsure:
ZBrush: Digital sculpting.
3DS Max: 3D modeling and animation.
Painter: Literally paint on top of your models via a 3D interface.
Unreal: A real-time gaming engine, increasingly used in VFX work.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I used to focus on virtual reality technology,But I later found it of little use.
Are you targeting movies or games.
I've worked mostly as a visual effects artist, so photo-real elements composited on film footage has been a big part of my career.

During that career, I've had two lengthy employment droughts. But, God got me out of them both times.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
On the older men/younger women issue (how does every thread devolve into a conversation on relationships?)...

Personally, I've always gotten along better with younger women.

Of course, I automatically get stereotyped for saying something like that.

In other words, it's automatically assumed that I'm going through some sort of mid-life crisis, that I'm full of lust, etc., etc., etc.

In reality, none of that is true.

In my particular case/life's experiences, I've simply found that I not only have more in common with younger women, but that they also oftentimes come with a lot less baggage than older women.

Now, before anybody bites my head off for saying that, if you've read any of my testimony about my failed first marriage, then you should realize that I'm actually a caring Christian man who spent 17 years trying to help my ex to successfully deal with and overcome her horrible past. In other words, I'm not some selfish guy, but rather quite self-sacrificing, and happily so.

What's my issue with a lot of baggage then?

Simply that it gets rather tiresome and grievous to constantly be taking someone else's bullet, so to speak. In other words, constantly being misjudged while having somebody else's bad actions toward a woman projected unto me.

Besides, at my age, now that Betty White has died, basically all of the women on the face of the earth are "younger women", so there's that...lol.

As far as women from other cultures are concerned, I must also confess that I'm generally more attracted to them as well.

Why?

Because I'm some sort of racist or someone who cares about one's ethnicity?

No, not at all.

My own life's experiences (or my own life's realities) have simply shown me that American women, generally speaking (again, in my own experiences) are...how do I say this?...well, oftentimes more like men than women. In other words, I find them to be very combative and contentious, and, believe it or not (the BDF aside), I'm actually very much a peace-loving guy.

Anyhow, as I've said on this forum before, in my estimation, women are the best part of God's creation.

However, in my own personal experiences, that has only proven to be true in theory, and not in reality.

Then again, most men basically suck...so there's that variable as well.

It's one big jumbled mess, and I'm truly happy for anyone who finds true love on this side of eternity.

If you take away anything that I said in this post, then let it be that last sentence.

I truly am rooting for others to find true love...even though it's eluded me for my entire lifetime.
Well said, and no argument from me.