A
atwhatcost
Guest
How do people stop feeling like they feel? Kind of like trying to stop my eyes from being brown. Actually ashamed is a good thing. If there is no shame then we're sure we're doing the right thing. So there's the crack. Feel free to feel however you feel. Not like it's going to shock God to discover you feel like you do. He already knows. He loves you anyway. Do you hate your kids when they have hissy fits and yell, "I hate you?" Does it shock you when they say that? (I'm assuming you knew what you would say to them would elicited that response. lol) And aren't they ashamed when the hissy fit is over? Does their shame make you change how you feel? (Probably a bit relieved, I would think.)I hope that someday I can feel the same as you do Lynn. I guess I will have to read the book you mentioned. I am unable to pray at this point. One, I feel ashamed of my anger towards The Lord. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I can't help it since I know only He has/had the power to keep us protected from ALL this hurt. And two, I really feel right now it's pointless to pray. The Lord has demonstrated He will do whatever he likes whenever he likes so what's the point in praying.
Big shocker. He loves (present tense) your sister Lynn too. But that's why you need to read the book. None of this is punishment. None of it is for your bad. Lynn is with him. She already got her "Well done good and faithful servant" and she's basking in God. You too can be basking. Not like we have to wait for the good stuff. He is the good stuff. Yes, at his pleasure whenever and however, but also for our good. He really loves us. He's not doing any of this out of hate.