Husband is the head of the family!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2011
Sometimes I wish the Bible didn't say things like this, because some men take it FAR out of context and use it to control and/or abuse their wives. It's sickening and I'm pretty sure that's not what God meant.

F

fireflies

I personally think anyone that abuses their wife or girlfriend should have the hell beat out of them.
Sometimes I wish the Bible didn't say things like this, because some men take it FAR out of context and use it to control and/or abuse their wives. It's sickening and I'm pretty sure that's not what God meant.

Feb 24, 2011
Agreed! It's a horrible thing to do. And some people think it's only one way. There are women that abuse their men and it's just as bad.

I

IrisHouse

The answer is nope, wives and husbands work together equally. Most divorces occur because one person controls the other, plus my folks have been married for 25 years and their marriage is based on equal respect for each other :)

T

thimsrebma

The answer is nope, wives and husbands work together equally. Most divorces occur because one person controls the other, plus my folks have been married for 25 years and their marriage is based on equal respect for each other :)
Just because a man is the leader of the house does not mean he doesnt have the same amount of respect for her that she has for him. Yes respect should be equal, a good man will listen to his wife and try and understand her view point and consider her opinions, but when it comes down to it God says that the man is to be the Head or leader of his household.