Husband lied about his religion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
Go to your Pastor for sound counsel and Pray. This is your marriage and not to be taken lightly. It is not to late for you to be led of God. This is the net keep that in mind when seeking counsel on it.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
Gman, you're welcome to disagree. Can you provide the scriptures wherein God tells a Christian woman to be unequally yoked with a man who is member of a religion that is adverse to the Fathers?
1 Corinthians 7:13

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
It's better not to give advice than to give bad advice I'm sorry scripture is quite clear on this

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Angelfrog, with all due respect you are picking and choosing which scripture to accept and believe according to you now there's a different God for the Old Testament people and a different God for the first century people and a different God for us today I'm not even going to go there. To my sister who initially posted, I gave you sound advice based on scripture I'm not saying it's going to be easy or fun but this is God's Word and God will never go back on his Word; what you will do is up to you but I shared with you the truth.
2 Corinthians 6 (14-18)

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
It's better not to give advice than to give bad advice I'm sorry scripture is quite clear on this
Yes, it is. And your advice is flawed.
There was no marriage covenant made when the male at the altar was a liar from the beginning. He was not a Christian. He was a Muslim. He was deceitful from the beginning and as such he was deceitful after the ceremony until he was found out as a liar.

Does God bless a covenant entered into through deceit?

"And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them." (Ephesians 5:11).

1 Corinthians 5

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
Yes, it is. And your advice is flawed.
There was no marriage covenant made when the male at the altar was a liar from the beginning. He was not a Christian. He was a Muslim. He was deceitful from the beginning and as such he was deceitful after the ceremony until he was found out as a liar.

Does God bless a covenant entered into through deceit?

"And do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them." (Ephesians 5:11).

1 Corinthians 5
By that logic the Lord I guess did not come from Judah? Because Judah is a son of Leah who Jacob was tricked into marrying... would you say Jacob was deceived, oh well the God of the Old Testament doesn't apply here now right? and in this case the sister was not deceived she knew he was a Muslim. I don't think you let it go so I guess I will...

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
By that logic the Lord I guess did not come from Judah? Because Judah is a son of Leah who Jacob was tricked into marrying... would you say Jacob was deceived, oh well the God of the Old Testament doesn't apply here now right? and in this case the sister was not deceived she knew he was a Muslim. I don't think you let it go so I guess I will...
So you don't have those scriptures then?
And you're misrepresenting the sisters OP. Don't disrespect her sincere inquiry of us that way. It is best that you let it go when you admittedly don't know what is being asked here by Karchani.

I'll remind you of her OP. I bolded the part you overlooked.
I am having a hard time with my marriage
My husband lied to me about his religion
He is a muslim and my heart is filled with anger and I feel that I have been betrayed. I don't know how to handle this. I explained to him when we met how I felt about Islam, and that we can not have 2 religions in one house. This will effect our marriage and future. I don't see I can have children with him. How do you have a child when the parents believe different things?
Does someone have advise because I am so angry and hurt I don't know how to live with him when we are separate in God.

As a pointed fact, you even ignored the thread title itself! That's a true decision on your part.

A

Ariel82

If you were my sister I would tell you to get a divorce or annulment before you have kids.

It's highly unlikely he will become Christian and Muslims are allowed to beat their wives into submission according to the Quran.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
If you were my sister I would tell you to get a divorce or annulment before you have kids.

It's highly unlikely he will become Christian and Muslims are allowed to beat their wives into submission according to the Quran.
Even if she were my own daughter I would give her the same advice and there is no such thing as an annulment that's man's imagination.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
So you don't have those scriptures then?
And you're misrepresenting the sisters OP. Don't disrespect her sincere inquiry of us that way. It is best that you let it go when you admittedly don't know what is being asked here by Karchani.

I'll remind you of her OP. I bolded the part you overlooked.

As a pointed fact, you even ignored the thread title itself! That's a true decision on your part.
Sister angelfrog I realize that I am not going to convince you but our sister in Christ needs advice and she has a decision to make and if she takes your advice she will be sining but I guess God forgives so I guess it doesn't matter or God is longsuffering I guess it doesn't matter... last I check misleading a child of God is a serious offense. If at some point her Muslim husband demands of her to renounce her Christian faith then yes she can seek a divorce but if he is faithful to her and is willing to live with her she must remain in that marriage!

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
Sister angelfrog I realize that I am not going to convince you but our sister in Christ needs advice....
We in this thread know that.
First however, she needs to be respected by the membership here. And that occurs when a member takes their time to read her posting after the thread title brought it to their attention!

Unlike what you admitted when you have no clue what she's asking advice on. You are unaware her husband lied about his faith. As you admitted when you made this errant observation of her OP: ".... and in this case the sister was not deceived she knew he was a Muslim. "

You quite literally don't know what she's talking about. Your off topic allusions to Jacob, etc... mean nothing when you don't know what is being discussed. You would give the same advice you give a woman you don't respect enough to actually learn about why she's here asking our advice, to your daughter?
God forbid! I'd hope you at least respect your daughter enough to first LISTEN to what she's asking you advice about. Unlike what you've demonstrated here toward our sister Karchani. It's best not to give advice to a sister when you have not the respect to take the time to read why she comes to the Christians in this forum seeking help.

Everything you have tried to say to me in order to diminish my advice to Karchani, when I have read her OP, means nothing. You have no idea what is being discussed. And not knowing what Karchani asks us, as you have no clue, does her no good service.
This is the last I shall entertain your remarks.
God have mercy.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
We in this thread know that.
First however, she needs to be respected by the membership here. And that occurs when a member takes their time to read her posting after the thread title brought it to their attention!

Unlike what you admitted when you have no clue what she's asking advice on. You are unaware her husband lied about his faith. As you admitted when you made this errant observation of her OP: ".... and in this case the sister was not deceived she knew he was a Muslim. "

You quite literally don't know what she's talking about. Your off topic allusions to Jacob, etc... mean nothing when you don't know what is being discussed. You would give the same advice you give a woman you don't respect enough to actually learn about why she's here asking our advice, to your daughter?
God forbid! I'd hope you at least respect your daughter enough to first LISTEN to what she's asking you advice about. Unlike what you've demonstrated here toward our sister Karchani. It's best not to give advice to a sister when you have not the respect to take the time to read why she comes to the Christians in this forum seeking help.

Everything you have tried to say to me in order to diminish my advice to Karchani, when I have read her OP, means nothing. You have no idea what is being discussed. And not knowing what Karchani asks us, as you have no clue, does her no good service.
This is the last I shall entertain your remarks.
God have mercy.
God does have mercy thank God otherwise you would be in big trouble but I didn't just read her original post I'm sorry, I also read Post# 3 and 5 in the thread so won't you go check them out. It's so sad to see so many Christians tell her to get a divorce but I'm a bit more forceful with you because I gave you scripture and you still won't humble yourself and accept God's word!

Jeff51

May 30, 2018
He is a muslim and my heart is filled with anger and I feel that I have been betrayed. I don't know how to handle this. I explained to him when we met how I felt about Islam, and that we can not have 2 religions in one house. This will effect our marriage and future. I don't see I can have children with him. How do you have a child when the parents believe different things?
Does someone have advise because I am so angry and hurt I don't know how to live with him when we are separate in God.
I don’t know what to say other than that I don’t see how those 2 faiths coexist. I can understand being filled with anger. Remember that we, as Christians, are supposed to forgive. However, it is possible to forgive while there are still consequences of the act of deciept. Pray and led God lead you to his will in this situation. Vengeance is God’s , not ours.

A

Ariel82

https://www.crescentproject.org/articles-blog/2017/3/24/considerations-for-marrying-a-muslim-man

https://crescentproject.tv/browse/23

Here is an article and a video you might want to check out.

As other posters have stated. Pray and ask God.

There are cases where divorce is justified and not sinful.

I don't believe we know the whole story, because you married him and were praying for his conversion. Therefore you must of seen somethings you liked about the man.

I would ask yourself and maybe him these questions:

If you have children will they be raised Christian or Muslim?

How devote is he? Does he pray 5 Times a day to Mecca?

Does he have Muslim family members and friends?

Do you have good Christian family and friends who can support you?

Can you reach out to them for prayer and support?

You don't have to answer any of these in this forum. Just for yourself and in your heart. Then pray and ask God for advice.

Will keep you in prayer.

A

Ariel82

Even if she were my own daughter I would give her the same advice and there is no such thing as an annulment that's man's imagination.
If your daughter told you her husband was abusing her, would you give the same advice to remain married?

Abuse is not just physical but can be emotional and psychological also.

Without trust, a relationship has no roots.

On the plus side you do say that if her husband pressures her to convert to Islam, she is then justified to obtain a divorce.

Gman

Nov 30, 2017
If your daughter told you her husband was abusing her, would you give the same advice to remain married?

Abuse is not just physical but can be emotional and psychological also.

Without trust, a relationship has no roots.

On the plus side you do say that if her husband pressures her to convert to Islam, she is then justified to obtain a divorce.
Thank you for being fair but if there is abuse she should leave, remain in prayer but single or else be reconciled to her husband hopefully as the Lord improves things for her. No one should remain in an abusive relationship but that does not remove the fact that she would be still married. she has not indicated that there is any of that going on but that her Muslim husband is not converting fast enough I guess. That's not reason enough to break up the marriage.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
There most certainly IS such a thing as an annulment. And it's not man's imagination..

itsHarley

Room Moderator
Staff member
May 30, 2017
Him being a muslim is not the issue here right now, its for you to take off that anger and forgive, be the daughter of the King and ask guidance by the Father on how you will start introducing your husband to Him. We dont persecute the blind but plant a seed even on a hard ground, pray to make his heart be a heart of flesh not a rock.

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
I agree with Maxwell talk to your Pastor. There are all sorts of opinions on the internet. It can be confusing.

AngelFrog

Feb 16, 2015
God does have mercy thank God otherwise you would be in big trouble
Don't presume to speak for God concerning me. If you have an issue with me, keep God out of it.

but I didn't just read her original post I'm sorry, I also read Post# 3 and 5 in the thread so won't you go check them out. It's so sad to see so many Christians tell her to get a divorce but I'm a bit more forceful with you because I gave you scripture and you still won't humble yourself and accept God's word!
You're not forceful with me. You're ignorant of the scriptures that state divorce is allowed. You think a woman should remain married no matter what. Unless, now we read later, there is abuse. And then in your mind, that woman is then entitled to leave her abuser. Oh, that's wonderful. She has your permission now.
But, you say, she has to remain loveless for the rest of her life. Because she's still considered to be married to her abuser, according to you.
I sincerely mean this. I've been married for 30 years. And I feel sorry for your wife. Men that corrupt the scriptures thinking to keep women in line are despicable.

The Muslim lied to the Christian woman in order to get her to marry him thinking him a fellow Christian. Lying is immoral! The scriptures, not GMAN, the scriptures say we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. It actually says that. And then that same scripture tells us why. Because light has no thing in common with darkness.
And Islam is darkness.
Learn something about Islam before thinking a Christian woman who was lied to by one, when he knew she was a Christian woman and that is why he lied, has to remain married to him.

She's not actually married to him in the eyes of God.

He lied! He IS NOT a Christian! He is not in covenant with Christ! He is not reborn , he is not alive as a new creation, he is not reborn, he is still dead in his sins, and he is damned as a Muslim! He LIED!
Even state marriage contracts permit annulment on the grounds of FRAUD! Which is what transpired when this poor sister thought she was marrying a Christian man!
What you and others who know nothing about Islam but think she should pray for him to change, don't realize? In order to carry out his fraud on her he had to vacate the commands of Islam and pretend to be a Christian! Islam permits a Muslim to be a liar in order to get what they want in an infidel state, or nation, or relationship!

Christianity does not!
The sister is fully entitled to divorce without your approval or permission! Because in the eyes of God, according to the scriptures, she was never married to the Muslim in the first place! Immorality is grounds for divorce. Fraud is grounds for divorce. Being Muslim, and a liar claiming he was Christian, is grounds for divorce. And all that is grounds in every state for Annulment!

Motive! That's what needs to be looked at here. WHAT was his motive to lie? And claim he was a Christian?
He's dangerous! But you think she has to remain married no matter what. Or loveless if he's abusive and she leaves.

That's not what God says. That's what Gman says. She can ignore Gman. She better not ignore the fact she's living with a liar.
If she can't trust him to tell her the truth about what he's committed his soul to believe, she can't trust him at all.