T
tamjc
Guest
I may already know the answer but I seek christian hearts for another point of view. I'm new to the city, I've been working as a live in home health aide for four developmentally & mentally disabled people. Last week I fell down the stairs shoveling when another worker refused to shovel (my employer told me to do it) and since then I have come across great obstacles with my employers. They have been very hostile to me, as if I fell on purpose. Although I used my own health insurance the emergency room has it as workers comp. I actually contacted workers comp and told them I didn't want the claim, but they contacted my employers and my employers are furious at me. Since my accident my employers have been dismissive of my injuries, blaming me for the possible inconvenience of now having to pay employees regular wages (I received room, board and $100 a week). From the moment they picked me up from the emergency room they have been very harsh with me, telling me that I can't stay unless I can work because they're running a business and are not responsible for me. They are pressuring me to hurry back to work, although the specialist told me that I can't work. I have a sprained ankle, sprained hand and a fractured knee. When I came home from the hospital they left me upstairs for two days without food and drink. I have paid out $383 in co-pays, medicine, lost wages and taxi to the doctor. They have never offered to help with any expense. They said I opened a can of worms for them because of my accident and now they have to pay regular wages and workers comp. I have tried to say nothing, keep a smile on my face and do as I'm told, but I am in great pain, I can barely pick anything up because my thumb falls backwards. I don't really know how to shift my weight when I stand so my neck and back are hurting as well. My employers have come to my room to speak to me about the ways I have inconvenienced them, and that if they get into trouble it's on me. When workers comp contacted my employers, my employers lied and said they had no workers and basically said if anyone comes to the house to say I am a relative. I live here alone with the four residents, my employers live in another house with four other residents and they have another worker in a third house but that particular house doesn't have residents yet. I took this job so that I could save my own money to buy a house, I was going to use the $400 a month to pay my expenses. I just need to work for another ten months. I'm not safe here, I can fall again or further complicate my injuries. I don't have friends or family. I've found another place to stay to recover, but now I will have to use my own money to pay for a place and my expenses. Should I leave or stay and take their treatment? Am I whining about nothing? I am christian but honestly, I'm filled with rage, anger and resentment which isn't at all very christian. All day, through out the day, my mind is racing with horrible thoughts and I'm asking God to please spare me and take me from this world. I'm in such despair that I know I haven't earned the kingdom but I am asking my king to take mercy or pity on me and take me.