I am constantly in such turmoil!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

toofargone

Jun 20, 2017
My husband asked me last night what was wrong with me because no matter what he did, I would bite his head off. He is write. I have been noticing this too. What do I do? What is really wrong with me? I am so bitter, and angry, and I guess resentful.
Can SOMEONE please take me in a private room and help me??

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
Satan seeks to steal, kill and destroy.
If you are noticing the same things your husband is, it's probably time for you to start praying some warfare prayers.
The enemy likes to sow discord, especially in our important relationships.
We start focusing on little things that irritate us until our joy is just gone.
Ransomed Heart Ministries has some excellent resources and prayers.
Bitterness is ugly and destructive. Its good that you recognize this and are wanting to make a change.
Psalm 138:8
"The Lord will accomplish what concerns me;
Your lovingkindness, O Lord, is everlasting".

Sep 22, 2018
According to your profile you are male. In your post you talk About your husband. Can you explain?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
My husband asked me last night what was wrong with me because no matter what he did, I would bite his head off. He is write. I have been noticing this too. What do I do? What is really wrong with me? I am so bitter, and angry, and I guess resentful.

First of all, your user name says it all. You feel you are "too far gone" to be helped or able to change? You need to ask yourself why you're so bitter, angry and resentful. Go see a counselor, before you end up alienating hubby altogether.

7seasrekeyed

According to your profile you are male. In your post you talk About your husband. Can you explain?
that would cause turmoil right there

unless it is 2 males...and the op is not Christian

so.............

Sep 24, 2018
Acknowledged your pain, accept you have the right to be angry at certain thing's that have hurt you. Anger is a emotion that tells us something is wrong with something, so find out what it is and deal with it. Don't try to cope with your problems by a quick fix, they never work out.

Good luck.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I think the 1st thing one must do is to find the root of all this. The anger, bitterness, etc are symptoms of something deeper.

Maybe talk to someone at your church like a womens ministry leader? Maybe you and your husband can talk to your pastor.

GardenofWeeden

Jul 27, 2018
The Garden of Weeden
I suggest you pray that God changes your heart to fit His more. I suggest this to everyone, myself included. However, in doing this, be prepared for God to show you sin in your life causing your resentment, that you may not even realize yet as sin, nor wish to change it..... If we pray for patience, is God going to just grant us patience, or is He more apt to place us in positions to be patient, to glorify HIs name? Be careful what you wish for, in other words.

toofargone

Jun 20, 2017
i put on my profile I was male for security reasons, but I am really female. Sorry for the mix up. Thank you for the honest advise.

toofargone

Jun 20, 2017
I suggest you pray that God changes your heart to fit His more. I suggest this to everyone, myself included. However, in doing this, be prepared for God to show you sin in your life causing your resentment, that you may not even realize yet as sin, nor wish to change it..... If we pray for patience, is God going to just grant us patience, or is He more apt to place us in positions to be patient, to glorify HIs name? Be careful what you wish for, in other words.
wow. some true spoken words. Thank you for sharing. Please keep me in prayer as I ask God to help me. I have become this monster that I never meant to or wanted to be. Just seemed to come out of no where.... like.. what happened to me?
Thank you again.

Sep 25, 2018
I've experienced the same thing when dealing with people. I think I'm so nice, but then suddenly this monster (as you mentioned) comes out of nowhere. I think that's the human condition--we all have a monster of selfishness inside, and sometimes God allows trials to help us see our weaknesses. Think of Peter in the Bible. He knew he wouldn't deny Jesus, but when he let his self-righteousness take control, he could stoop to any evil. Sometimes we need to see how awful our sinful hearts are before we can realize our need of Jesus. Peter had to learn the hard way that we can't do anything without Jesus (John 15).

But with Jesus, we can overcome even our "monsters" inside! When we're connected to Him, He helps us to gain victory. But I would say don't expect to become perfect overnight. Jesus takes us by steps; He doesn't teleport us. We can be perfect in Him moment by moment, and each stage of perfection in Him leads upward as we're transformed into His image from "glory to glory" (2 Cor. 3:18). And also, just because you feel like a monster inside, it doesn't mean you have to act on those feelings. If you have repented and asked forgiveness from old mistakes, then believe that Jesus will be transforming you from the inside out, even if you don't feel it. Don't be discouraged by your failures. As long as you look to Jesus for help instead of yourself, He'll take you forward.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
i put on my profile I was male for security reasons, but I am really female. Sorry for the mix up. Thank you for the honest advise.
Someone said "Go to a counselor". What would be cheaper and quicker would be (1) go to the Word of God and (2) go to God Himself.

There is always an underlying reason for anger and bitterness. Self-examination will allow you to get to the root of the problem. And only God knows why.