I am depressed Men keep abandon me

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
Hi @lonelygirl. If you're truly depressed, or unhappy, you might want to consider finding happiness as few people, men or women are attracted to someone who isn't content. I suggest you work on getting closer to Jesus by spending more time in prayer and in reading/studying the Bible. In addition to that, become active in some form of ministry where you can volunteer your time. Find that peace that surpasses all understanding and you'll more likely be "seen" by prospective husbands. I have no idea what your shell looks like, but true beauty springs from within.

I was very lonely when I was a young man. I know what it's like to be alone. I'll pray for you.

Mar 23, 2023
youtube.com
We don’t know how mobile she is, Tall Timbers. :)

I have had loneliness to actually hurt like a physical pain.

Please, don’t lose heart or hope and I would appreciate it greatly if you would post in this thread again.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Why is it always assumed that a single person looking for love has not sought God? I keep in mind that the people usually handing out the "wisdom" are married, and they have forgotten what it was like to be alone. It's easy to say "all you need is the Lord' if you are already spoken for. This world is not an easy place to live in. Let's not make it harder for those of us who are alone.
I couldn't agree with you more.

When my then-husband left me in my 20's, I had a lot of people telling me I'd need to stay alone the rest of my life. Then it came out a long time later that the reason he had left was because he had a girlfriend. So then I had some people say I still needed to pray for a reconciliation (that never happened -- he wound up getting remarried,)while others still said I needed to remain single the rest of my life, and then there were a lot of married people patting me on the head and saying, "You're just a baby. You'll find someone within the next few years."

That never happened. And a whole lot of time has passed. So much in fact, that some of those people patting me on the head and calling me a baby are now divorced themselves or their spouse has passed away. And I wonder if other people are giving them the same Godly advice, spoken in the same condescending manner, as they gave to me, and what they are doing with it. Most I have heard of got remarried right away, because they couldn't handle being alone. But yet they could tell single people how to live.

I'm a bit older now and have learned that many Christians need to be dealt with defensively. Now when married Christians try to tell me how I have this blessed time to get closer to the Lord, I always think about the fact that God usually does not call couples home at the same time. So is that same person who is giving advice to singles, while going home to their spouse, willing to put their life actions where their words are? If their spouse dies before them, are they going to use their "blessed single time" to get closer to the Lord?

Or do they pray at night that God would take them first instead of their spouse, because they never want to have to face the pain of being left behind?

Now of course, there are some married people who are very familiar with loneliness, whether they've been single themselves in the past or are lonely within their marriages. I appreciate people who can convey a sense of sympathy or empathy because they at least try to make you feel understood. Likewise, I could never counsel someone who's been married 20 years because I didn't get to experience it myself, but I would try my best to show love and compassion.

But now days, to the married person who wants to tell me all the blessings of being single and what to do with my time, I will have no qualms about asking them how they plan to deal with it if it's in God's plans for them to be the one who gets left behind.

And if they think they have it all planned out, I hope I can be there to witness it, because I want to see for myself how well they adhere to their own advice.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I couldn't agree with you more.

When my then-husband left me in my 20's, I had a lot of people telling me I'd need to stay alone the rest of my life. Then it came out a long time later that the reason he had left was because he had a girlfriend. So then I had some people say I still needed to pray for a reconciliation (that never happened -- he wound up getting remarried,)while others still said I needed to remain single the rest of my life, and then there were a lot of married people patting me on the head and saying, "You're just a baby. You'll find someone within the next few years."

That never happened. And a whole lot of time has passed. So much in fact, that some of those people patting me on the head and calling me a baby are now divorced themselves or their spouse has passed away. And I wonder if other people are giving them the same Godly advice, spoken in the same condescending manner, as they gave to me, and what they are doing with it. Most I have heard of got remarried right away, because they couldn't handle being alone. But yet they could tell single people how to live.

I'm a bit older now and have learned that many Christians need to be dealt with defensively. Now when married Christians try to tell me how I have this blessed time to get closer to the Lord, I always think about the fact that God usually does not call couples home at the same time. So is that same person who is giving advice to singles, while going home to their spouse, willing to put their life actions where their words are? If their spouse dies before them, are they going to use their "blessed single time" to get closer to the Lord?

Or do they pray at night that God would take them first instead of their spouse, because they never want to have to face the pain of being left behind?

Now of course, there are some married people who are very familiar with loneliness, whether they've been single themselves in the past or are lonely within their marriages. I appreciate people who can convey a sense of sympathy or empathy because they at least try to make you feel understood. Likewise, I could never counsel someone who's been married 20 years because I didn't get to experience it myself, but I would try my best to show love and compassion.

But now days, to the married person who wants to tell me all the blessings of being single and what to do with my time, I will have no qualms about asking them how they plan to deal with it if it's in God's plans for them to be the one who gets left behind.

And if they think they have it all planned out, I hope I can be there to witness it, because I want to see for myself how well they adhere to their own advice.
Good advice is good advice whether or not a hypocrite gives it. People should use their time of singleness pursuing God. By the same token, married couples should also be pursuing more intimacy with God. Matthew 6:33 applies across all demographics and circumstances.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Good advice is good advice whether or not a hypocrite gives it. People should use their time of singleness pursuing God. By the same token, married couples should also be pursuing more intimacy with God. Matthew 6:33 applies across all demographics and circumstances.
Exactly.

Good advice is for everyone -- not just the people of one social status looking down on someone of another status in pity.

Praise God for the people giving good advice and are actually keeping it themselves, both in times of social feasting and social famine.

May God hold everyone, including me, to the standards of the advice they dole out.

Oct 21, 2022
Before anything else learn to be at peace with your own company.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Before anything else learn to be at peace with your own company.
Howdy Westward, and welcome to the forum.

I've never been married myself, but from what I have observed from those around me that seems about right. Those who can't stand being alone seem to make terrible spouses. The ones who can deal with being by themselves make the best partners. I think it might have something to do with the presence or absence of desperation. Not sure though.

Jun 2, 2023
If you are a decent person, as I`m sure you are, guys will be standing in line. Maybe you are meeting the wrong type

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
I am depressed men keep abandon me I cant find ANYONE IN my area who is single my friends are taken and I am tired of getting cheated on or dump for no reason I am about to have surgery. I have been crying all the time. I am tired of being single. And the one I want is taken. How am I going to find someone if I dont drive or have any who dont have girlfriends???
Hello how are you today, today is a new day, I want you to realize GOD loves you, just the way you are, hows your relationship with Jesus, do you go to church? are you in the word, do you fellowship with other Christion's pray have you ask the father for some help, hes there for you, have you given you life to Jesus? if yes then remember you have the holy spirit living inside of you, the spirit of love, I would start watching your Favorite preacher try Joyce Meyers she's really good, remember God is a jealous God maybe he wants you to build a better relationship with him, take care, God bless you,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
some of the social circles people are in sound more like The Hunger Games with women fighting over men instead of food.

Honestly. In the olden days the ones who missed out on being the first wife just became the second, third or fourth wife. Or concubine/mistress. What is the appeal of that and why do men and women treat each other as commodities?

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
I am depressed men keep abandon me I cant find ANYONE IN my area who is single my friends are taken and I am tired of getting cheated on or dump for no reason I am about to have surgery. I have been crying all the time. I am tired of being single. And the one I want is taken. How am I going to find someone if I dont drive or have any who dont have girlfriends???

proutled

May 9, 2023
texas
HELLO LONELYGIRL, lonelygirl I under stand about being single, get into Jesus, God is a jealous God, and right now in this time of your life, maybe God wants your attention, take advantage of the time right now and dig into prayer, if you gave your self to Jesus then you belong to him, so get to know him in prayer and start reading the word, every day, start to apply the word in your life, and you will start to see things differently, and make more sense to you, start building up your faith, and in time, when your ready God will but that Godly man in your life, but right now I would work on the relationship with my God first,, take care, I hope this will help, Jesus loves you very much,,,,,join a church and get to know some Good people, God bless you,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
seems the REAL problem is people on here can't or wont learn to drive. WHY?

LISTEN

You have two legs. You can walk.
You could ride a bicycle
Or skateboard. Or scooter.
Ride a horse.

Call for an uber, Learn the public transport system
Take the bus
Kayak...hire a donkey even. Jesus did that, and was smart enough to call on fishermen who had a boat for his ministry

If you cannot do that, host a party and have people come to you. Feed them.

Why does everyone seem to live in isolation? Start connecting with people. Im sorry I cannot do anything about the state of peoples roads or whether the trains run on time. People often say join a church well easy if you can even GET there. But do we still in the dark ages where we expect others to fetch and carry us all the time? If its something you can do anything about, then do it. Driving is a skill that you CAN learn, people.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im only saying this because taxis are expensive and you've got to take some responsibility for yourself at some point. Nobody is going to do it for you. As for calling the police for a ride, that doesnt always work either.

Girls/women often learn the hard way when men abandon them and they have no way of getting home. The cavalry may be a long time coming...dont play into a stereotype where you become this defenceless woman needing to be rescued. Im just saying you may have to learn some street smarts.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
seems the REAL problem is people on here can't or wont learn to drive. WHY?

LISTEN

You have two legs. You can walk.
You could ride a bicycle
Or skateboard. Or scooter.
Ride a horse.

Call for an uber, Learn the public transport system
Take the bus
Kayak...hire a donkey even. Jesus did that, and was smart enough to call on fishermen who had a boat for his ministry

If you cannot do that, host a party and have people come to you. Feed them.

Why does everyone seem to live in isolation? Start connecting with people. Im sorry I cannot do anything about the state of peoples roads or whether the trains run on time. People often say join a church well easy if you can even GET there. But do we still in the dark ages where we expect others to fetch and carry us all the time? If its something you can do anything about, then do it. Driving is a skill that you CAN learn, people.
What a pity that not everybody is as perfect as you... :sneaky: