I am I at wrong

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 27, 2020
Me and my entire family have been going a lot for the past couple of years now. Me and my sister are two children of our late parents. We grew up in our Aunty's house, her , her husband and her husband's children and family. We were raised in an extended family but we loved each other as if we shared same blood until a storm hit our home.

We shared everything;love, food, clothing and Christ. We grew up in a Christian home. My uncle was and still a preacher and my Aunt was a leader in the church as well and we were serving as youths in the church. We fought spiritual and physical battles together until the enemy found a little space to sneak in. After five years of fighting finally the home ceased to exist, my uncle moved in with the another woman despite being married, my aunt left to go live with her sister and uncle 's kids and family moved out as well later it was me and my sister, we left and move to a different location after few months my aunt decided to sell her place.

My question comes in: Since then I have been attending the same church, I serve in that church since my childhood, I started from being a Sunday school to being the chairperson of the youth. My uncle is still the preacher in the church, he still lives with another woman and while still married to my aunt, I let that one slide until he decided to continually bring the other woman to church as his wife while his not married to her and still a married man until one Sunday I lost it due to the fact that even the pastor pardon his behavior and decided to call his mistress in front to pray for her. She still attends the church and my uncle is still a preacher and I decided to no longer go to church I am I at wrong? Is my uncle's actions and pastors Godly?

May 27, 2020
I don't hate him. I just can not concentrate anymore. I accept what u said , I just didn't see anything you said regarding to their actions. Is it right for one to give teachings and preach while living with a woman while his still married the bible speak about maintaining your house before you maintain another, not the exact word but I am sure u can relate to verse and scripture. I am not a saint we are all sinners, but the bible still teaches on directing another brethren if his wrong I don't see the pastor doing anything on that matter. It looks as if what my uncle is doing is right to him and you as well. I am a sinner and I need examples and demonstration if not for me what about those who want to give their life to christ what example is that one to them. I didn't live because of my uncle I left because I could not hold it any longer seeing wrong things taking place for more than two years but nothing being done about it as if it's right thing to do.

In regards to forgiving, I have nothing against him and only God has the power.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
ok,I got it.
I'm not saying your uncle did it right.
I am saying that Forgive his mistakes,
but the problem is that you should talk to your uncle.talk to him that you can understand his weakness, but he should understand whether he are doing the right thing,
Tell him you did it out of love.You're not here to blame him.

What my enemy did to me was similar to that of your uncle, but what I learned from bible was that I should forgive him even if I knew he was wrong.

The fruit of the tree of life that we want to eat
We are not going to eat the fruit of the tree of good and evil
There may be some contradictions.
We can distinguish our own good and evil, but for others, we should learn to forgive, learn to love,that is the fruit of the tree of life

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Let's see what the Word says.... in 1 Corinthians chapter 5 the situation is slightly different, but it is still dealing with flagrant sexual immorality.

"I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother.[a] 2 You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship.

3 Even though I am not with you in person, I am with you in the Spirit.[b] And as though I were there, I have already passed judgment on this man 4 in the name of the Lord Jesus. You must call a meeting of the church.[c] I will be present with you in spirit, and so will the power of our Lord Jesus. 5 Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed[d] and he himself[e] will be saved on the day the Lord[f] returns."

May 27, 2020
I am just a youth who have a little right to call elders to a meeting. Everyone seems to fit well with this predicament. His standing at the altar preaching and the pastor does nothing to rebuke him who I am I? I have watch it happens and I ask God to pardon me cause I couldn't bear it any longer and decided to leave the church although it was the wrong things for me to do.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Let's see what the Word says.... in 1 Corinthians chapter 5 the situation is slightly different, but it is still dealing with flagrant sexual immorality.

"I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother.[a] 2 You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship.

3 Even though I am not with you in person, I am with you in the Spirit.[b] And as though I were there, I have already passed judgment on this man 4 in the name of the Lord Jesus. You must call a meeting of the church.[c] I will be present with you in spirit, and so will the power of our Lord Jesus. 5 Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed[d] and he himself[e] will be saved on the day the Lord[f] returns."
This is the worst option

There are many other options in the Bible

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I am just a youth who have a little right to call elders to a meeting. Everyone seems to fit well with this predicament. His standing at the altar preaching and the pastor does nothing to rebuke him who I am I? I have watch it happens and I ask God to pardon me cause I couldn't bear it any longer and decided to leave the church although it was the wrong things for me to do.
You can try to assemble meetings and face your uncle with sincerity.

Leaving the church is the worst choice. Why can't face it positively and Why abandon yourself?

Think it over yourself.

May 27, 2020
This is the worst option

There are many other options in the Bible
You are right. That was the last option for me. A church supposed to be democratic , yet some church out there are still serving under dictatorship

Chester

May 23, 2016
Me and my entire family have been going a lot for the past couple of years now. Me and my sister are two children of our late parents. We grew up in our Aunty's house, her , her husband and her husband's children and family. We were raised in an extended family but we loved each other as if we shared same blood until a storm hit our home.

We shared everything;love, food, clothing and Christ. We grew up in a Christian home. My uncle was and still a preacher and my Aunt was a leader in the church as well and we were serving as youths in the church. We fought spiritual and physical battles together until the enemy found a little space to sneak in. After five years of fighting finally the home ceased to exist, my uncle moved in with the another woman despite being married, my aunt left to go live with her sister and uncle 's kids and family moved out as well later it was me and my sister, we left and move to a different location after few months my aunt decided to sell her place.

My question comes in: Since then I have been attending the same church, I serve in that church since my childhood, I started from being a Sunday school to being the chairperson of the youth. My uncle is still the preacher in the church, he still lives with another woman and while still married to my aunt, I let that one slide until he decided to continually bring the other woman to church as his wife while his not married to her and still a married man until one Sunday I lost it due to the fact that even the pastor pardon his behavior and decided to call his mistress in front to pray for her. She still attends the church and my uncle is still a preacher and I decided to no longer go to church I am I at wrong? Is my uncle's actions and pastors Godly?
Your uncle's actions are clearly wrong and he is living in open adultery. It may not be in your place to confront him. But I will say this is flagrant sin and should not be minimized!

May 27, 2020
You can try to assemble meetings and face your uncle with sincerity.

Leaving the church is the worst choice. Why can't face it positively and Why abandon yourself?

Think it over yourself.
Face my uncle who I am I if he has the pastor's support and some of the members. 50% of the church members are his relatives and 30% are pastor's relatives. Where do I stand. All my family left I remained there until I couldn't bear it any longer. I continued worshipping later it became worse that when ever he was given the chance by the pastor to preach my heart broke and I couldn't pay attention. I told myself I should listen to the word and not the preacher but later I couldn't help it. I can clearly see my wrong step for leaving but no one sees the abomination being committed. Should he not supposed to be relief from his duties? His still married yet living with a woman his not married too and still teaches the word. The worst part the pastor is at peace with it.

May 27, 2020
Your uncle's actions are clearly wrong and he is living in open adultery. It may not be in your place to confront him. But I will say this is flagrant sin and should not be minimized!
I don't mind myself that much but what about those who want to repent and want to join the church. What about those in the church they will feel it's the right thing to do since a preacher is doing it in the long run there wont be order each individual will do what he or she feels like doing and I am scared. I sometimes pray for myself, for the pastor and for the church cause I know I am wrong as well as I know their drifting away as well

Chester

May 23, 2016
I don't mind myself that much but what about those who want to repent and want to join the church. What about those in the church they will feel it's the right thing to do since a preacher is doing it in the long run there wont be order each individual will do what he or she feels like doing and I am scared. I sometimes pray for myself, for the pastor and for the church cause I know I am wrong as well as I know their drifting away as well
I would leave that church quickly and not ever go back again.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Face my uncle who I am I if he has the pastor's support and some of the members. 50% of the church members are his relatives and 30% are pastor's relatives. Where do I stand. All my family left I remained there until I couldn't bear it any longer. I continued worshipping later it became worse that when ever he was given the chance by the pastor to preach my heart broke and I couldn't pay attention. I told myself I should listen to the word and not the preacher but later I couldn't help it. I can clearly see my wrong step for leaving but no one sees the abomination being committed. Should he not supposed to be relief from his duties? His still married yet living with a woman his not married too and still teaches the word. The worst part the pastor is at peace with it.
So you want your uncle to be punished?

Have you ever told your uncle in person the consequences of what he did,
It's telling him what you're saying here

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
"punished" ........... or ............. held accountable?

Which, by the way, he will be one day, and SHOULD be TODAY.........

Where is the "wrong" in holding a professed believer "accountable" for living a sin filled life, and flaunting that life within the Congregation? Seems to me Scripture teaches we are suppose to hold them accountable, and, if they do NOT repent, and return to Godly living, they are to be PUT OUT of the Congregation............

May 27, 2020

Have you ever told your uncle in person the consequences of what he did,
It's telling him what you're saying here
I don't say he should be punish all I am saying is that he should be relief from his duties. His a preacher don't he realise his wrong forget about him being wrong what about the head of the church can't he see what my uncle is doing is giving a bad example to the members

May 27, 2020
"punished" ........... or ............. held accountable?

Which, by the way, he will be one day, and SHOULD be TODAY.........

Where is the "wrong" in holding a professed believer "accountable" for living a sin filled life, and flaunting that life within the Congregation? Seems to me Scripture teaches we are suppose to hold them accountable, and, if they do NOT repent, and return to Godly living, they are to be PUT OUT of the Congregation............