I am NOT happy!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JAPOV

well, I found out today that my boss is ...retiring! At the end of the year! so, she should be happy now.
Are you taking her place? :unsure:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Are you taking her place? :unsure:
uh no...
?! thats funny, my mum asked me the same thing

you dont just go from librarian to being principal of a school lol
thats not how it works in the real world

the board needs to appoint a new principal with consultation from the staff. In the meantime the deputies act as principals.

Im sure the year 6 children may *think* they can run the school and be the boss of it though

J

JAPOV

uh no...
?! thats funny, my mum asked me the same thing

you dont just go from librarian to being principal of a school lol
thats not how it works in the real world

the board needs to appoint a new principal with consultation from the staff. In the meantime the deputies act as principals.

Im sure the year 6 children may *think* they can run the school and be the boss of it though
The "nutz" are certainly running the asylum here lol...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I heard your venerable leader has dementia

They can remember what it was like in. the 'good old days' but cant remember what happened last yesterday, or five minutes ago.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
When im not happy i usually won't say anything, same thing if im hurting or angry or whatever. I just leave and people won't see me for a while because i like to work on and solve my inner issues alone. To me my deepest feelings and emotions are a private matter that i should work out by myself and not try to pawn off on others.... But that's just me though.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
how about therapists or psychotherapists though they actually make a living off people's unhappiness.

I think its cheaper or easier to write it out (some people write poetry) or go for a run

Before ppl accuse me of being cheapskate, well how much are you willing to pay for happiness, or unburdening your sorrow...price of a bottle of wine or $100 -$300 an hour I think for some therapists..?

J

JAPOV

how about therapists or psychotherapists though they actually make a living off people's unhappiness.

I think its cheaper or easier to write it out (some people write poetry) or go for a run

Before ppl accuse me of being cheapskate, well how much are you willing to pay for happiness, or unburdening your sorrow...price of a bottle of wine or $100 -$300 an hour I think for some therapists..?
Careful Lanolin, that bottle may cost you more than you think...
The first time I had a beer with my Dad he told me, "Never drink your sorrows." ;)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I imagine being a bartender is not exactly a happy job

IMG_1401.JPG

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Do you tell everyone this when you are not happy?!

I have noticed my boss and some people will do this, like they want you to know right away. Is this good or bad? I supoose its honest and direct.

Whereas, if I am not happy I dont really tell everyone, I just kind of go to my room and cry.
Or maybe put on a rage song and yell at the top of my lungs (grunge music was good for this)

I think its because I dont really want to hurt anyone with my being unhappy, or make people think its all their fault. Then my unhappiness doesnt last for too long (after praying) cos being a misery guts isnt that fun to be around

Of course, one cant be happy ALL the time and you cant please everyone. Some people cope by drinking ('happy hour') but I never did that. Children just get happy meals from McDonalds. You can also go to a 'happy place' either in your mind or create one, and if Im not happy I kind of tend to change things around till I am happy. But I dont really tell other people that Im not happy cos what can they really do?

Doctors now can say 'take a chill pill' and actually prescribe anti-depressants. Or are their benefits to comiseration...like if someone tells you they are unhappy do you chime in and say yep life is pretty awful..!
I prefer to tell the person directly if I’m not happy with them but if it’s to do with my day or work life then my siblings or friends and even my mum are the go tos. 😁

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Do you tell everyone this when you are not happy?!

I have noticed my boss and some people will do this, like they want you to know right away. Is this good or bad? I supoose its honest and direct.

Whereas, if I am not happy I dont really tell everyone, I just kind of go to my room and cry.
Or maybe put on a rage song and yell at the top of my lungs (grunge music was good for this)

I think its because I dont really want to hurt anyone with my being unhappy, or make people think its all their fault. Then my unhappiness doesnt last for too long (after praying) cos being a misery guts isnt that fun to be around

Of course, one cant be happy ALL the time and you cant please everyone. Some people cope by drinking ('happy hour') but I never did that. Children just get happy meals from McDonalds. You can also go to a 'happy place' either in your mind or create one, and if Im not happy I kind of tend to change things around till I am happy. But I dont really tell other people that Im not happy cos what can they really do?

Doctors now can say 'take a chill pill' and actually prescribe anti-depressants. Or are their benefits to comiseration...like if someone tells you they are unhappy do you chime in and say yep life is pretty awful..!
I don't think I tell many people how I actually feel when they ask... Not even those close to me. I will tell my husband when my pain levels are living hell .. but I generalize depending on how close someone is to me.

The "I'm in living hell" I might tell my husband or son will be "healing slowly or moving slowly" to someone who is not so close with a positive close like "but I'm on an upward trajectory".. (positivity matters)

I don't generally outright lie, but I only let people so close.

My main problem for me though is that I'm disabled, and usually people are automatically asking after my health when they ask how I am. You do have to be a pretty far distance for me to say "doing fine", like a cashier at a grocery store kind of close.

But it's not dishonest, since the cashier is asking for a polite generalization and not to be your friend or confident.

I do think I have a tendency to look my emotions though, you'd have to not know me not to be able to decipher how much pain I'm in, and when my daughter died even the grocery store cashier asked out of real concern.

So I think my face is an open book.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This is where body language can give you a clue

A lot of people dont actually know how to read peoples emotions. They arent sure how another person feels because they cant actually recognise what it looks like

when someone is stomping around with a frowny face and yelling, I think its quite obvious they are not happy, they dont need to TELL you

some people deny their emotions, like they'll say Im NOT angry when their face is all red and looks like steam is coming out their ears and their nose is all scrunched up and fists are out

or..someone is crying and they say 'I got something stuck in my eyes' or 'Its allergies'

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
ha
I found out when Im not happy I just end up writing a big rant and sending it to people, like my boss

she doesnt bother reading it, aint got time for that.

Bosses would rather have a yelling match in their office but what they call 'a chat' or 'a meeting' where they direct the agenda and try and tell you what to do.

It amazes me sometimes that bosses complain workers cant see the big picture when the bosses who supoosedly CAN see the big picture, dont even bother sharing it with their staff.?

But the. theres always been a divide between management and worker bees. I think I just dared to tell her maybe spends a bit of time in my shoes for once and try to see it from my POV. You know, have a bit of empathy or understanding ...it will go a long way.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Sooo...

You're telling us you're unhappy with the way your boss is doing things?

I quit my job several months ago because I was unhappy about how my boss did things, and his boss, and that guy's boss. They don't care what I think and it was time to go.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Sooo...

You're telling us you're unhappy with the way your boss is doing things?

I quit my job several months ago because I was unhappy about how my boss did things, and his boss, and that guy's boss. They don't care what I think and it was time to go.
I pray that you are able to find a better job.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I pray that you are able to find a better job.
Oh. Thanks.

I didn't quit without having another job lined up.
Although I was ready to be left go if necessary at the beginning of the year, without having a job lined up.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My boss is retiring at the end of the year, the new upcoming boss is just throwing her weight around lol

I decided to take a leaf out of her book and just say I was not keen on some of her new ideas for the library which she does not work in everyday. she was a bit non plussed that I dared to tell her off lol.

Some people dont like it when you talk to them as an equal!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I figured she could handle it, if we going to talk about respect, its a two way street and people need to earn it.

You arent automatically respected because of your position. I think this is where people trip up. Many think just cos they are bigger or older, that they can just bulldoze others into doing things their way. Not so. Responsiblility comes at a cost.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My boss is retiring at the end of the year, the new upcoming boss is just throwing her weight around lol

I decided to take a leaf out of her book and just say I was not keen on some of her new ideas for the library which she does not work in everyday. she was a bit non plussed that I dared to tell her off lol.

Some people dont like it when you talk to them as an equal!
Just remember: the squeaky wheel may get the grease, but it's also the first one to be changed out as soon as you can afford it.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Just remember: the squeaky wheel may get the grease, but it's also the first one to be changed out as soon as you can afford it.
This is true.....while its important to speak up when necessary, doing so with tact is very important.