A
AllanSnackbar
Guest
You are sounding wiser with every passing day, Allan.
Well that's up for debate
You are sounding wiser with every passing day, Allan.
No.... I know when I see maturity developing. And, despite that you will have some setbacks, like all of us, the consistent growth shows in your desire to think for yourself.Well that's up for debate![]()
How ironic. That poster she misjudged as an Obama lover was me. I just responded with a correction and went on my merry way. People make mistakes no big deal.
Pro-abortion advocates in the 70's:Let's see what's different today.
Men can still marry women? Check
Men can't marry their sisters? Check
People still can't marry animals? Check
Pedophilia still illegal? Check
What other people decide to do has no bearing on my life? Check
I was expecting some major cataclysmic legal change judging by what some of you guys have been saying. Nothing has really changed.
Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
Not really, since most of us don't believe what you said was wise.Well that's up for debate![]()
Not really.Yes I think you may well be right and of course I did mean religion. Didnt sleep well last night,it stormed the entire night.Perhaps a sign of what would happen today. Far out idea,I know.
"Even me"?To most of you (even you VW)
I know there is not a lot I say that many of you can get behind, or really even sometimes understand. That's cool. But I do want to take a moment to thank you for your defense of my belief in Christ. I hope, that despite the extreme ways I worship and even see God/Jesus, my devotion for and love of Jesus is always evident.
But, apparently, it is isn't... to at least one person here. So, ML, would you please (even if you have to start a new thread) explain why you said I am not a Christian?
That's almost too much to hope for, but "with God, all things are possible." We can agree to pray they do, for certain.I pray you're right, Brother. And while pondering your post, a thought came to me. The Left hates Christianity and right now they're giving us the one finger blessing with radiant smiles. Do you suppose as these folks begin to marry in the Church, they will come to love the Church, and infinitely more important, they will come to love Christ?
Not until they've taken their last breath is that for certain.I'm afraid they have sold their souls to Satan just like those in S&G.
Very, very sad.
Pro-abortion advocates in the 70's:
. . .
"Of course this won't lead to aberrations like homosexual marriage, pedophile marriages, and bestiality."
Not really, since most of us don't believe what you said was wise.
Context is a wonderful thing. Put these verses back in their context, and they won't say what I'm seeing you making them say. We aren't to pray for America? We aren't to pray for the lost? Untrue.A word from the Lord.
Jeremiah 7:16 Therefore pray not thou for this people,
neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me:
for I will not hear thee.
Jeremiah 11:14 Therefore pray not thou for this people,
neither lift up a cry or prayer for them:
for I will not hear them in the time that they cry unto me for their trouble.
Jeremiah 14:11 Then said the LORD unto me,
Pray not for this people for their good.
We best pray that "corpse" keeps breathing a while longer. Though I don't support the libertarian agenda, she is often more libertarian and liberal, and that results in some surprising votes.I know, I know, I shouldn't say such things but . . .
I can't look at kagan without my stomach contents churning in misery.
And that corpse next to her. What's up with that?
Nothing has changed?Let's see what's different today.
Men can still marry women? Check
Men can't marry their sisters? Check
People still can't marry animals? Check
Pedophilia still illegal? Check
What other people decide to do has no bearing on my life? Check
I was expecting some major cataclysmic legal change judging by what some of you guys have been saying. Nothing has really changed.
Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
God's definition of what constitutes marriage over ruled...check.Let's see what's different today.
Men can still marry women? Check
Men can't marry their sisters? Check
People still can't marry animals? Check
Pedophilia still illegal? Check
What other people decide to do has no bearing on my life? Check
I was expecting some major cataclysmic legal change judging by what some of you guys have been saying. Nothing has really changed.
Nothing to see here folks. Move along.
Context is a wonderful thing. Put these verses back in their context, and they won't say what I'm seeing you making them say. We aren't to pray for America? We aren't to pray for the lost? Untrue.
In all three of those chapters, Jeremiah was speaking not the condemned, but of the Northern Kingdom -- which was not condemned, but in the midst of chastisement through captivity. After nearly six centuries of being warned about the consequences of their disobedience, of getting reprieve after reprieve after reprieve, God did just as He said He would. He let them fall into the hands of their enemies.
Jeremiah wasn't saying "Don't pray for their restoration" -- and you should know, reading later into the Bible, they were restored, the faithful remnant. He was saying, "I have already determined their punishment, so don't bother trying to get me to change My mind." And, more importantly, He was continuing to warn Judah, the Southern Kingdom, that the same fate awaited them without repentance.
But they, too, were restored. God promised that, as well.
We best pray that "corpse" keeps breathing a while longer. Though I don't support the libertarian agenda, she is often more libertarian and liberal, and that results in some surprising votes.
If she's gone, we'll get another flaming liberal, probably the first openly gay SCOTUS justice. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
![]()
Nothing has changed?
Only if you don't count the majority of SCOTUS justices completely ignoring the Constitution -- which gives them no basis to "decide" what marriage is -- as "not changing anything."
And don't bet on all those things you checked off remaining checked off. Now that there is precedent for SCOTUS to decide what is or is not marriage, the bigamists, polygamists, pedophiles, and bestiality freaks will be storming the courthouse steps to get their favorite perversion legalized. You think not? Think again, brother.
It doesn't predate Creation by God's hand though, now does it? You have read Genesis 2:23, 24?Well we will discuss that if that day ever comes.
God predating the Supremes...check.Marriage predating Christianity? Check
yes, praying as well as proclaiming...and in both trusting the Lord...check.Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
(Psalm 37:7)
check?
Context is a wonderful thing. Put these verses back in their context, and they won't say what I'm seeing you making them say. We aren't to pray for America? We aren't to pray for the lost? Untrue.
In all three of those chapters, Jeremiah was speaking not the condemned, but of the Northern Kingdom -- which was not condemned, but in the midst of chastisement through captivity. After nearly six centuries of being warned about the consequences of their disobedience, of getting reprieve after reprieve after reprieve, God did just as He said He would. He let them fall into the hands of their enemies.
Jeremiah wasn't saying "Don't pray for their restoration" -- and you should know, reading later into the Bible, they were restored, the faithful remnant. He was saying, "I have already determined their punishment, so don't bother trying to get me to change My mind." And, more importantly, He was continuing to warn Judah, the Southern Kingdom, that the same fate awaited them without repentance.
But they, too, were restored. God promised that, as well.
We best pray that "corpse" keeps breathing a while longer. Though I don't support the libertarian agenda, she is often more libertarian and liberal, and that results in some surprising votes.
If she's gone, we'll get another flaming liberal, probably the first openly gay SCOTUS justice. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
![]()
Nothing has changed?
Only if you don't count the majority of SCOTUS justices completely ignoring the Constitution -- which gives them no basis to "decide" what marriage is -- as "not changing anything."
And don't bet on all those things you checked off remaining checked off. Now that there is precedent for SCOTUS to decide what is or is not marriage, the bigamists, polygamists, pedophiles, and bestiality freaks will be storming the courthouse steps to get their favorite perversion legalized. You think not? Think again, brother.
yes, praying as well as proclaiming...and in both trusting the Lord...check.
For the same reason getting hit by a 100 MPH fastball never feels good. It's a shock to the system, and disrupts the previously enjoyed comfort zone.Why can't getting smacked in the face with reality ever feel good?